A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 4327 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2009 08:56:17 PM »

I just received 10 lbs of additional birthday wonders, courtesy of craftydeb! spoiled silly, i was!  Grin

Supplies first...scissors! They're a different size and angle from the ones pinokeeo sent, so it's great to have a second pair.  Smiley And check out the giant bottle of Mod Podge--I put a votive candle next to it for scale--I might never have to buy Mod Podge again!  Cheesy I was just thinking earlier about how strange it was that I've gone so many months without owning any.

HUGE quantity of crayons for melting and reshaping!

Plus a recycled papermaking kit! Yaaay! It even has a bunch of dried plants to include in the paper, and the mould-and-deckle are a different size from the one I made, so it's rather exciting!

And now the CRAFTED wonders--

TWO reversible shopping bags! So cute, I love the earthy fabrics.

FOUR zippered pouches with gorgeous rich batik (?) designs! Very delicious.

She pegged my different tastes and interests so well. She's one generous, skillful swapper...And I'm a very happy, thankful swapper!  Grin

Thanks again to craftydeb and pinokeeo for adopting me for this swap!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2009 09:12:09 PM »

Definitely spoiled silly.  Great package, though.  And very nice crafted bags. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2009 04:18:06 AM »

I did fess up inside the package - I was only going to send a 4 pound package - I started off with the scissors, the zippered pouches and the deckle and just about half of the crayons (I totally cleared out the kids loose crayon bins at the end of this - awesome!!  (Yay!!!  I am slightly less cluttered!!) then I pulled it up on the usps site for shipping calculations and saw it was cheaper to send a flat rate box so I went hog wild!  Out came the Modge Podge, the grocery bags (sorry they are so girly.  I'm still wishing I had made different ones up) and then more crayons. I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw that box of them!  Both kids already have  boxes of 96 so I was like hmpf.  In the box they go! Cheesy

I'm so glad the scissors are a different size and length!  I had bought them before seeing pinokeeo sent them and I was really worried and didn't want to ask - I figured one can always use more than one pair of scissors... I have oodles of them! 

I really loved that zipper pouch tutorial - I am going to be making some for me and for gifts this coming Xmas.  I'll be starting them on Wednesday.  I have a dedicated sewing date with a friend of mine now....!!  If anyone wants to make them here's the link to the tutorial... I just didn't do the strap and also made them a different size to accommodate the scissors... http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-sew-a-zippered-wristlet/2009/05/12/
One warning though - be very attentive about which fabric you place in what order  Shocked  Yeah.  Be attentive....

Yay!  Whew!  Yay!  Swap anxiety relieved!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
pinokeeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009 04:07:22 PM »

There's no such thing as too many scissors. Cheesy  I have two pair of lefties that are different, a couple of either/or and a pair of cast scissors that I can't live without.

I need to go through grandbabies crayons.  I'm sure I could make something with them.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2009 12:25:29 PM »

I received a wonderful package from phnxreign99 last week - and had every intention of posting an action shot but life got very hectic last week and now I'm feeling under the weather (I just crawled out of bed to get some water and am probably going to go lay down again.  I just feel really icky all around) but I really wanted to share the awesome shirt that she made me - it is absolutely amazing and I'm still pinching myself that it's mine! 

I feel like a heel since I know how much work had to have gone in to this and it has taken me forever and a day to post up pics and it isn't even being shown on me.  My husband can't take a picture worth a flip.  I'm hoping to be feeling better in time to have my sewing group this week and I'll get some action shots - me hanging with my gnomies sporting my neckwarmer!  This was truly a wonderful swap for me - and to think - I wasn't even going to participate at first!  I was just going to organize!

Okay.  I'm going back to laying down.  Got my water.  I'm good to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
calluna
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2009 05:10:19 PM »

No word from PersephoneHazard, so here's some of what I sent her:

cross-stitched bookmark

This absurdly lavish handspun art yarn

There was also a sinister-girlie (gothic lolita, i guess?) decorated box (I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of it, but I was working on it and trying to get the glue dried up to the very last minute), with various jewelry findings and several packs of kool-aid for dyeing yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2009 05:32:27 PM »

Nice work.  It's too bad she disappeared.  I would love to see the finished box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2009 06:21:12 PM »

absurdly lavish handspun art yarn is right! Wow!
(I love how you phrased that!!)
Ya know - you guys better be sitting down for this - I have never used handspun yarn!!  Since I'm so allergic to wool and most people spin with wool I've never gotten my hands on any yarn that was hand made!  I know, I really don't know what I'm missing!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
calluna
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2009 06:37:55 PM »

Craftster lapoli has some undyed, carded soysilk, ecospun (made from recycled bottles), and other interesting fibers available in her STS shop; I haven't checked her etsy shop to see if she's also selling it, but I'm hoping to get ahold of some of these non-wool rovings one of these days. Especially if I go on this one farm internship where everyone has to be vegan during the internship and bring no animal products.
This handspun has very little wool, actually, though it has multiple varieties of yarn within it. I have a picture of the components of it before I did the final spinning which I'll post in next week's Fiber Friday.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009 06:39:24 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2009 02:51:06 PM »

I just had to say that I wore my Hanging with my Gnomies shirt out to the quilt show today in town and I got sooooooo many comments about it!  eukarya was with me and she is totally wanting one now too!  In fact I love how the actual shirt fits me so much that I went to the store and bought like 5 of them already!  Yeah, I love this shirt!!!     phnxreign99 I can not thank you enough.  It is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Oil Paint - Arranging the Composition
Basic Still Life Oil Painting
Learn About Arabic Henna Designs
Learn About Indian Henna Designs
Learn how to Paint with Acrylics - Overglaze and Finishing
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...