A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 4400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2009 07:15:05 AM »

The July Birthday Swap will be starting on July 1st!

Is your birthday in July??  Do you want to send someone a birthday present even though your birthday isn't in July??  Come on out and swap!!
I will start the swap on July 1st but you can start thinking about what to put on your birthday list to get a head start Wink

Definitely post here to say hello even though the swap hasn't officially started!  I'll move this thread to the gallery area after the swap has begun.

The following is copied, pasted and slightly altered(only to reflect the July swap and organizer change - the rules are all still the same)  If you want to get some wish list ideas take a look at June's birthday swap http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307715.0

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in July, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM your organizer with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307716.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM your organizer(s) AND the chosen craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures). 

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put July Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009 12:08:59 AM »

Squeeee! I'm a July baby, and I've been waiting very excitedly for this :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Angelicus
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009 09:13:42 AM »

I'm a July/August girl...do I fit into both?  Wink

For anyone whos wondering I was born around midnight on July 31st - the midwife put July 31st on my birth certificate but the woman who was with my mum (a lawyer) said that it was actually the 1st of August. I celebrate my birthday on July 31st though so I guess that means I'm a July girl.

MProbably join in with this - it should be good fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009 09:14:37 AM »

I'd say you should pick one or the other - whichever day it is you claim as your birthday should be the month you choose to join Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009 05:21:39 PM »

I'm a July child.  I've never actually done a birthday swap before, so I'm seriously considering this one.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009 08:45:40 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009 06:56:14 PM »

Me too, pinkokeeo!  I'm thinking I'll actually get to do this this year!  Every year I'm all booked up when this swap comes around. 

My b-day is July 12, and I'll be the big 3-0 this year!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009 02:17:26 AM »

I've been keeping a slot clear, as I was fully determined to do it [grin]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009 05:50:28 AM »

Another July girl here  Grin  I love having a summer birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009 09:55:39 AM »

My birthday is July 30th.  I was supposed to be an August baby, but mom's doctor was going on vacation so they induced her early.  Did she ever regret that, it resulted in something like 30 hours of labor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009 08:22:13 AM »

This swap is officially started!
Come on out you Cancers and Leos!  Let's get to making some birthday wishes come true!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=tags

the discussion/gallery thread has also been moved to the swap gallery as well - just in case you were looking for it in the new swap ideas area.... Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009 08:22:59 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Children of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar Delijani
Steve Schirripa Talks About Big Daddy’s Rules
Parents That Need to Be Slapped by Steve Schirripa
The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
40 Chances by Howard G. Buffett
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...