A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Rd 13, Chunky Pages! closed, send July 25!  (Read 13871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2009 11:00:45 AM »

I stopped trying to remember everything and made a list of what everyone had put down and printed it all out - but my original plan of atttack is undergoing alterations...

I hope the organizer is not late sending...  Roll Eyes

Edel - sent you a note, Danni and Kerallyn asked about beads now too, so unless I hear desperate pleas for beads from others, I am going to consider myself closed for the moment until I can get a few more boxes sent out...

or I won't finish my swap obligations for other things, LOL!  Wink

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2009 11:18:27 AM »

See, I have a list all printed, with interests, binding options and my plan of attack for each person tacked up on the bulletin board over my desk and STILL picked the wrong diety.

I think I was just projecting though and imagining that Fey and I had the same thing on our lists. I must be losing my marbles.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2009 10:38:11 AM »

I sent all my chunky pages today!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2009 11:42:20 AM »

audio you are such an overachiever! LOL They're going to love your pages - I love mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2009 11:45:13 AM »

Chunky page show-off... Grin Can't wait to finish mine and get them mailed too!

I heard from Radmom today. She said she's starting to be able to get up and walk around the house, very slowly, for very short periods of time but can't sit up long enough to come chat with all of us. She wanted to thank everyone for their well wishes and is hoping to get better soon enough and come back to talk with all of us.

Also, she's getting cracking on her pages slowly, with her lovely DH's help running to the craft store for her. He's gotta be a good guy to be making craft runs. Lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009 12:32:40 PM »

Please bear with me while I vent for a moment

As I've mentioned before, my husband works for a daycare center that is owned by a family member. His boss calls him on his cell phone and micro-manages every moment of the day.  It's incredibly frustrating for all involved, including me who has to hear about every night.  So a couple months ago, our cell phone bill spiked by something like $80.  So I took a closer look at our bill and realized that these daily conversations at work had eaten up about 7000 minutes worth of roll-over time over about 5 months (we have Cingular/AT&T) and we were now getting billed at $.40 per minute for overages.  I showed it to my husband who felt we couldn't make the company pay for it, and said from now on, he just won't use his cell phone for work.  Well, after a couple days, his boss got angry at him for not answering the phone, even after DH explained why he wasn't going to be using it any more and said that he'll just pay for the overage charges in our cell phone bill.  Now, I saw a disaster brewing here, because I knew that he did not have any concept of just how much money that was going to come to.  So he asked for a record of past calls, so he could reimburse us and suggested that we move our plan up to the next level and he'll pay the extra from here on out.  To start with, the next level still doesn't have enough minutes to cover the time.  But, I converted our phone bills to excel files, sorted out our personal calls and sent him the record of DH's business calls.  Well, Boss-man says he wants to see all the calls, so DH sends him the PDFs of our phone bills, and now he is going through them line by line trying to prove that all those costs couldn't possibly be his phone calls and criticizing DH for his, and my phone use.  He says he'll give us a "proposal" when he's done.  In the mean time, he keeps making "jokes" about just applying uncollected client fees against our cell phone bill and then they'll be even.  AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH HH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just want to go over there myself and kick him in the rear and what the heck his problem is? 

But, DH says that will just make matters worse, so I just sit at home and stew.

On a more positive note, I'm happy to here that radmom is improving.  Thanks for listening/looking Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009 12:55:10 PM »

Cripes! If he's going to lament having to pay your bill but still insist on micro managing, why doesn't he do the business savvy thing and get your husband a *gasp* company phone? Is that too novel an idea? Then he won't have to sort through your phone records with a fine tooth comb and could happily micro manage your DH at work AND the phone bill.

Who is he to criticise anyone's phone use when he runs up their bills? You're paying for personal service, and in my opinion anyway, you can use those personal service minutes however you guys damn well please. *hugs* I certainly understand why you're stewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009 02:47:44 PM »

I do believe your husbands boss has managed to acheive new levels of idiocy as yet unheard of by humankind

what a dork

why isn't he calling the business line at the day care?

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009 05:07:08 PM »

hi y'all. Got back from italy yesterday Mr Uber Sexy picked me up at the airport, we had those running into one anothers arms reunions...fab...lo l

but today I had to deal with my madly passive aggresive mother...arrgh

So I got home from there about 7, ate and dived into my chunky pages. I have been aching to get started, so they are all cut out, planned and I have 4 done. It was so so good and so stress-relieving to have something like that to do. I even bought envelopes today. But Mr Sexy is coming back tomorrow and my daughter is away with her dad...so alone time, for almost a week...alone and on holidays together...what will we do...pretty sure it wont be chunky pages...lol

But I will get them all send out ontime, my birthday is a few days after the send out date so they will be ontime, despite the late start and the Mr Sexy interruption.

Audio...cant wait to get mine from you! But girl, you seriously are a fast mover!!

Kerallyn your hubbys boss sounds like a complete ass

Danni, I posted another pic of the painting you sent me...its formed part of a little mexican/craftster corner in my kitchen its here... http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309649.msg3590981#msg3590981

Its 1am here..but I think another page is calling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2009 12:15:24 AM »

Yesh I've been steadily working on my pages as well..... in between working and playing video games  Cheesy... and cleaning. Ugh, I swear, my cleaning is never done. Every time I start a new craft or swap my room just blows up.

Good to hear from Radmom, I do hope she gets better soon. Being laid up is never fun, even when crafting.... Well, okay, crafting makes it better  Wink

I need to sleep  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 11/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 2/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 4/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 3/11
How to Knit a Wine Bottle Corset Cover with a Loom Part 10/11
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...