A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Rd 13, Chunky Pages! closed, send July 25!  (Read 22307 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2009 09:45:08 PM »

useful piece of information, the kilt was invented by the Irish, not the scots...

my supposed irish ancestors turned out to be scots-irish anyway... so... i'm all mixed up (...literally, since the other ethnic groups i know about in my ancestors are norwegian, german, jewish, and rroma)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2009 12:16:27 AM »

I was amazed when I realized that I am actually only second generation American since my grandparents were all kids when they came her from Europe and took a wagon train to the midwest.

So, my heritage is not too hard - half German and half Danish on one side, then half German, with Danish and Swedish on the other side - but my girls are real mutts as their father is Scottish, English and two different American Indians (he can't remember which) - and my DD has a boyfriend that is Irish, Romanian, Italian, Native American (third sort), and I think there was some Egyptian or something like that (his hair is AMAZING - long, thick, black and full, and SOFT). If they ever had kids I think they would be more Native American than anything else, LOL!

glad there is no raving objections to the extension on the send out - I have been fighting with my new printer all night - arg - so I got behind...

but now I think I have everything so I can finish up!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Radmom
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2009 07:10:36 AM »

Well since people are sharing their heritage I will add mine.

My Paternal Grandpa is straight from Poland came here on the boat and an orphan. They (the Catholic orphanage) changed his real last name from Robenzinski to Roberts. So ya on that part I am second generation born in America from his line.
My Paternal Grandmother Mohikan Indian also given up in adoption with her sister after their mother died. My grandmothers reservation is near the Canadian border.

Now on my maternal side...
grandmother I never met died the same year I was born but she was British and is either Scottish or Irish depending when you ask my drunk ass mother. LOL However, it is NOT both Irish and Scottish. I do however, love the English part:P
My grandfather whom I loathe (long story) is German and he was first born here in America as well. I was told his mother was severely pregnant and got out of Germany just before WW1.

So on 2 of my 4 grandparents I am Second born....mothers dad I am third born...and no idea on my mothers mom.

The funny part is...my husband is ALMOST identical on lineage.
 He is Polish/Irish/German/Cree/Menomonee
 I am Polish/Irish or Scots/ German/Mohikan

and just because I personally vouched and sainted my own grandma (dads mom) God I MISS HER!!!
Here is my very INDIAN grandma who I have based everything important in my life on.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

strawberrypeople
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2009 10:03:05 AM »

Radmom - Ohmigosh! I am also Polish and Native American!

I'm a first generation Pole and a Mohawk! My Grandmother on my fathers side is Indian. She is also from the Canadian border. I've been told I am part of the Six Nations Tribe... My father is 1/2 Italian so I am Polish, Italian and Native American.

I thought my sister and I were the only ones.... Smiley Well, not really... hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.strawberrypeople.etsy.com
strawberrypeople.blogspot.com
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: July 25, 2009 12:01:46 PM »

My mother's family is heavy English, Irish, Scot
My Dad's family is Brit/German
The Germans (Bettenberg) are the most recent arrivals 2 generations back
The Rest have been here since the Revolutionary War - Nathaniel Robinson was an officer in the Revolution and there is proof he was paid in books up in Massachusetts.
The Cooley are descendants of 7 Irish brothers that came to the US to make their way.
The Robinson are Brit way back and they married MacDonalds from Scotland
Strickland came to the US or face hanging in England - they were lower royalty and did something to piss of the king

I love doing genealogy!

And here I married a latino who can trace his right back to Spain

We celebrate the Irish mostly but love the whole United Kingdoms effect - I have several William Wallace (think Mel Gibson in Braveheart) in the family tree too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS

« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2009 08:52:59 PM »

here is a funny quirky thing for the geneologist minded - my paternal grandmother's father changed his name from Hanson to Sonderup (sp?) when they moved to America because there were so many Hansons and Hansens on the ship - then grandma turned around and married a man named Hansen, LOL! and to make things worse, her sister married grandpa's brother - so two daughters out of three married to men that gave them back their original birthname, spelled a little different!  Wink

swap related note - I hate glue  Angry

ok - that is not the swap related note but I needed to say it  Undecided

I have finished my chunky pages - Radmom you are getting two instead of one because I had to

and someone else is getting an extra one I think (not sure at this point) because for some reason beyond my comprehension I think I made one too many  Huh  had to be the fumes...

I did resort to utilizing my computer, printer, and my ever valuable create a card program for some of the work - but still needed to do a lot of gluing and have decided that there must be a better way...  Cry 

anyways - will get them in the mail on Monday!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
Radmom
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2009 09:09:13 PM »

I so cannot wait! Also eager to see others that I have mailed ever received. Anxiety is taking over my will. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS

« Reply #217 on: July 25, 2009 09:35:39 PM »

well - I haven't sent mine out yet and my anxiety is through the roof! LOL! Later tonight I am going to address bubble envelopes to send them in, but the glue is still drying on most of them...

glue is my downfall...

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

« Reply #218 on: July 26, 2009 06:12:37 AM »

geneology... (if thats how you spell it)

mine..

Irish...

lol..thats it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps...yes please

you know you want to...go on go on go on

www.pinterest.com/edelc
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #219 on: July 26, 2009 06:22:11 AM »

ok edel - just rub in that pure green Irish blood LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Using the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
All About Collections in Lightroom 2
Installing a Web Widget in Dreamweaver CS4
Creating a Flash Gallery Using Bridge CS4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...