A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 Days of Halloween Swap Round 2 (Sign ups closed!!! Send 1st 10/03)  (Read 32857 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princesspimp81
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009 03:35:32 PM »

Hi all!  I'm super excited for this swap, both the crafting and the co-organizing with DragonFly4!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
mlookyloo1
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009 03:39:26 PM »

this is going to be so much fun Grin filling out my questionnaire and will send it out this week Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009 03:48:20 PM »

I'm glad you posted that info, DragonFly! Especially about the hot climates...I live in the south where most years we can still go swimming well into October if we want to Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009 04:40:09 PM »

This is super tempting, Halloween has always been my favorite Holiday since I was little, and there are a lot of Halloween centered decorations I keep out year round, even pumpkins-but not so much the cheesy plastic type ones. And for a week and a half in August my husband and baby girl are going on vacation, so I'll definately need the crafting to fill my time, it'll be my first time away from her! I'm going to have to wait until closer to signups ending, so I'll have another swap slot open.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 05:57:13 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stringofpearls
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009 05:08:11 PM »

This looks cool:-) I'm definitely going to watch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009 10:10:04 PM »

hmmm i gotta think Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.w ordpress.com/
spicytaco
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Lalala...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009 05:17:33 AM »

So, I really kinda wanna join this swap, but I have one concern. I'm actually going to be away for the first few of the opening days. As late as the 25 of October. (Going to Mexico....yay.) I wouldn't want my partner to think I'd abandoned them when I didn't post any pictures. However it'd be super cool to get home from vacation to a load of Halloween goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*insert witty saying here*

I has Wist.
DragonFly4
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009 08:18:54 AM »

I would think that you could discuss with your partner the possibility of either
A- opening those days before you leave and posting pictures.
B- opening them when you get back and posting those days all at once.
C- having your partner post the pictures each day that you are gone for you.
I'm sure something could be worked out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
http://dragonflyflittings.blogspot.com/

my wists
http://wists.com/Dragonfly4

Interested in Personal Swaps- especially if you can quilt my quilt tops to batting an
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009 12:47:16 PM »

Someone mentioned specifying the sizes and numbers more- so here goes- (I basically just took this from the 12 Days of Christmas swap, it seems to cover everything- so let me know if I need to be more specific or whatnot.)

Recommendations from your swap organizer:

1. I would recommend that your day 13 be candy or treats, days 12-7 be "small" items, days 6-4 be "medium" items and days 3-1 be "large" items. Less time intensive things should be made for the larger numbered days and more time intensive projects for the smaller numbered days.

Which breaks down into-
13 candy treats (if you are accepting treats- if not it will 70 small items)
57 small items
15 medium items
and
6 large items

Craftster's guidelines for swaps are as follows:

By Time
-Big = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Little = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Big = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Big = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

2. If you are sending BAKED GOODS, please only send them if you live in the USA and your partner does too. I don't want anyone's package to go MIA with the lovely customs officials. Also, if you are sending baked goods, you may leave them out of your 1st send out package and include them  in the 2nd or send them in a completely separate package so they arrive in a timely manner and don't spoil or go stale. *I recommend shipping them in a completely seperate package!

3. I highly recommend that you wrap your items in a plastic bag/trash bag/ or some other protective wrapping INSIDE the box you are sending. There were a handful of swappers in last years round that received boxes from their swap partners that were WET due to the post office/ups/etc leaving them on the doorstep and a rain/snow came through AND some swappers have suggested that you also do this with anything you might send to a hot climate that might melt on your swap goodies. Wouldn't it suck to have worked so hard on a crocheted lap blanket just to send it with some delicious chocolate that melts all over it!! EEP! Sad

4. Also, if you will be shipping TO a partner that is in a HOT climate during the swap send outs, please do not include any thing that might melt on their swap goodies. Think about wrapping them in a plastic baggie or something similar.

5. Here is some info from the USPS on the Flat Rate Boxes: these can be use for Domestic and International but the rates differ for International shipments. And if you purchase your postage online at usps.com or by paypal, com you get a small discount on the postage price. The Flat Rate boxes themselves are FREE (you still have to pay for postage) from your local post office and also FREE if you get them online from the website usps.com, they will deliver them to you free of charge too!!

Flat Rate Boxes are available in multiple sizes and shapes to accommodate a variety of contents and shipping needs.

Both Flat Rate Boxes, the shirt box size (11" x 8.5" x 5.5") and the shoe box size (13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375"), can be used for domestic and international shipping.
   — Available to anywhere in the U.S. for $9.80
   — One rate to Canada and Mexico for $23.95
   — One rate to all other countries for $38.95
   *20 pound maximum for international shipments

The Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box, (12" x 12" x 5.5") is 50% larger than the original Flat Rate Boxes.
   — Domestic $12.95
   — APO/FPO $10.95
   — Canada/Mexico $29.95
   — Other countries $49.95

The contents of the flat rate box must be neatly contained inside the box with adhesive packaging tape.
   The box must close securely and retain its shape when taped with adhesive.
   The shape of the box may not be changed or enlarged to fit its contents.

Some swappers last year did say that they had sent HUGE boxes to their partner and used UPS and got some good prices on shipping.

Flat Rate Boxes can be ordered free of charge from the usps here: http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13359&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820

And if you are curious about the other shipping prices for regular priority/1st class/international you can calculate postage here: http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatepostage/welcome.htm?from=home&page=0061calculatepostage

******6. I highly recommend that each of you put together a WIST. A WIST is a huge help for your swap partner. They get to look through all the things you have put into it to get a fell for what you like. Visit WISTS.com for more info.******

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your packages and other details about participating in a swap.

Thank you for adding this.  I will be filling out my questioneer very soon Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grimmlynn

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009 02:37:03 PM »

I am definitely considering this.  It looks so fun and the gallery from last year looked amazing!  So much fun to be had!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Use coupon code CRAFTSTERFRIEND and receive a 10% discount at my etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/grimmlynn
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Looking Under the Surface of a Renoir Masterpiece
β€˜I Am 8-Bit’ Art Show Opening 2008
The Comics Run: Justice League Number 6
The Comics Run: New Green Arrow
The Comics Run: Saga Number 1
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...