A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Photoshopped ideas - maybe won't become real, but I lurve the creative effort  (Read 744 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alhrayth
« on: June 22, 2009 06:07:10 AM »

I couldn't decide where to actually post this, as it's not a costume that's been made, and I don't actually intend to discuss the possibility of reallization because I'll leave that to their seamstress, if ever. I can't place it into the art forum because it's not really worth that - so I'm stuck yet again with the misc category!

Anyway, I wanted to share some sketches I did for a couple of friends, who are currently debating on deciding their costumes for the next competitive season - they're 4time world roller skating champions now transferred on the ice with the goal of making it to the Olympics in Vancouver next February.
 They've a them of "circus / cirque du soleil" in this program, and I had some basics to follow - she didn't want an unitard, and they had to be her with dark legs and white top, and him the opposite. You can't get TOO teatrical or they might get penalties... so with this I started drawing.  I did the figures on paper, scanned it, and worked on the designs in photoshop to be quicker.

1)they had talked about black and white , and colored svarovskys. I went with that....

2)then there was a cirque costume I liked, I took an inspiration from this (the chest part)http://z.about.com/d/montreal/1/0/w/A/-/-/cirque_du_soleil_OVO_acrosport4.jpg but made it split towards the sides, always in B/W, and clear stones and white pom poms for her skirt

a little less circus-y perhaps, or if stuck with clowns it made me think of a Pierrot-inspired program or similar....
(hm actually my other skating friends whose mascot I'd posted did a Pierrot program last year, and I had given this sketch to their coach before they went to the seamstress:

and as this http://www.faiellascali.com/fotocompet/08-09/europ09/images/euro%20helsinki%202009%20anna%20-%20194.jpg  was the end result, I kind of like to think they used my work as inspiration)
anyway, back to the other friends.

3)I tried adding colors, but multi-colored and clown like is not me, I couldn't put together anything I liked, so I stuck unconsciously to the same palette.. and then realized what they were reminding me of: a peacock!

4)last inspired by a trapezist costume form another cirque google images search - it's the one I like less as it's more traditional, it could be for any theme... it makes me think of russian skaters

I have not submitted the drawings to the coaches yet, so any input and comment is very well welcome!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009 08:56:30 AM by alhrayth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kamax
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009 06:56:20 AM »

Those are beautiful Smiley I figure skate, so I understand the work that goes into those costumes! Especially the design process!

I like the last one best, probably because it is more traditional for an ice skating dress/men's costume. With the others, as a point of functionality, be careful of the bling on the tights...that could get tricky when skating, but other than that, amazing and not over the top Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
munchkinarooo
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009 07:27:55 AM »

those are all great, i agree with kamax, none of them are over the top. I like the first one because it looks festive but not too crazy, i like the second one also, but i think it would look better with just a tad of color, like dark blue or something like that. but as i said, they're all beautiful. good luck to you friends!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Bart Simpson - Full body - 38th Drawing
How to Draw Duffman - 21st Drawing
How to Draw Otto Mann - 29th Drawing
How to Draw Disco Stu - 43rd Drawing
How to Draw a Multi-Eyed Squirrel - 53rd Drawing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...