Name of Swap: Scavenger Hunt Crochet Motif Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: MareMare
Sign-up date range: June 18, 2009 – July 2, 2009
Date to send item by: August 3, 2009Gallery~ http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312874.0
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Age requirement: 13, per Craftster rules
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES/NO
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NODetails of swap:
For this swap, you will crochet a variety of motifs for 1, 2, or 3 partners. First time swappers are limited to 1 partner. For each partner, you will need to make a minimum of 6 different motifs that total at least 25 inches.
This swap is scavenger hunt style, meaning you get to pick your motifs from the variety of options listed below:
1. A flower motif
2. An animal or animal themed motif
3. Motif uses Front Post Double Crochet
4. Motif uses Bobble Stitches
5. A Lacy Motif
6. A tiny motif (less than 3 inches)
7. Motif is worked in the round
8. Motif is worked diagonally
9. Motif uses hairpin lace or broomstick lace
10. Motif is made up of smaller motifs (think granny’s daughters, yo-yo’s, etc)
11. Motif is asymmetrical
12. A heritage motif.
13. Motif is made of at least 3 various shades or tones of one color
14. Motif is made with complimentary colors (opposite from each other on the color wheel)
15. Sender’s Choice
*Explanation/idea of heritage motif:
An "ethnic" motif. For example, I'm of Irish (25%), Scottish (25%), Lithuanian (25%), and Heinz 57 (25%... but probably a mix of English, Irish, Scottish and who knows what else... Gramps was from Maine from way back) descent. So, a shamrock, or a "plaid" motif, or a flag motif... or a ketchup bottle
Note: If you are using motifs that are not symmetrical (such as a rectangle), you should use the smallest measurement to calculate your total inches.
Other rules: You should use worsted weight acrylic, unless your partner(s) indicates otherwise. All tails need to be woven in, unless your partner indicates otherwise. Communication is very important to me, please be sure to send pm’s to both myself and your partner when you send and receive. Please somehow label all your motifs with the pattern name and source so your partner and other swap members viewing the gallery will know where it came from, because we will want to duplicate them!
Link to Discussion Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309372.0
Link to Round 1 Thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=293026.0
Link to Round 1 Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297226.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Scavenger Hunt Crochet Motif Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country, formatted for shipping:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
How many partners would you like? (1, 2, or 3):
Please list your color scheme, if you have one:
List colors you absolutely do not want to receive:
Do you want to recieve variegates yarns or solids only?
If you are interested in motifs made with other types of yarn(novelty yarns, etc.), please list:
Do you have any allergies that would prevent you from being partnered with someone:
Please list potential allergens in your home or work area:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Crochet motifs on the Lion Brand website- you need to register, but it’s free, and worth it!
Books (check your local library, too!):
Beyond the Square Motifs by Edie Eckman
201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Projects and Ideas by Melody Griffiths
The Harmony Guides: Crochet Stitch Motifs: 250 Stitches to Crochet by Erika Knight
Crochet Bouquet: Easy Designs for Dozens of Flowers by Suzann Thompson
(motif by fantasticmio in round 1)Gallery~ http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312874.0