A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 316,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
353 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scavenger Hunt Crochet Motif Swap (Signups Closed, Sendouts Aug 3)  (Read 17428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009 04:34:50 PM »

Uhg, the show was a washout. Literally!  Thunderstorms in the morning and rain on and off for the rest of the day.  Most of the vendors didn't even show up, so booths were few and far between, and since the show ran along one of the subway lines (which is an excellent idea under normal circumstances) people who actually did come out would only make it one major block down before giving up and hopping on the subway home.

It was a good learning experience, though.  Worth the (small amount of) money I paid, I think.  And as mr.fantastic and my parents have pointed out, it was about as bad as it could be, so if I do try this again (and they think I should), then it's bound to be better.

We'll see!

I didn't like devoting pretty much ALL of my crafting time to making stuff for it, and in fact, near the end I was making things that I had planned to give as Christmas presents this year, just so that if I didn't sell much I'd have a head start.  So I do!

I'm currently in the process of turning two of the baby blankets I made into larger blankets for my nieces.  My brother can have the Tetris pieces, and his son will get another one of the baby blankets, as is.

I'm probably going to look at the June square tomorrow night... I've got that other one to test out too.  I feel really bad about putting that one off!

What I'm looking for now is a good project for doing at work!  Motifs don't really cut it, because I can't really change colours too often or pay too much attention.  Today I worked on mr.fantastic's birthday present , and while it's an excellent type project for work, it's just simply too big. (I posted the smaller version, the one going to my nephew here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309569.msg3551956#msg3551956 I told mr.fantastic that I probably couldn't find the yarn again to make an adult sized one... I currently have a bag of it hiding in the closet. lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009 06:18:58 PM »

Oooh! You are sneaky!

As for work projects, I don't get to crochet at work, so I can't help you there. Dishcloths? Or something smaller that needs to be joined later, but is repetitive enough that you don't have to think?

And, as for the craft fair, that's too bad about the weather. My sister and I made $20 at our first craft fair, so when we made $200 at the next one, we were thrilled. Still deep in debt, but happy Wink The craft fair circuit definitely has its ups and downs, but it can be fun!

And... back to the swap... Where are all of the people? We all may end up swapping with each other Wink
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009 06:20:23 PM by craftADDchick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009 06:44:52 PM »

lol I know, it's like the 4 of us talking to each other! Hello....hello.....(echo).....(echo)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love nail art? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!

~Want Prizes?! The 2016 QuiltAlong is open for business!~

Instagram: Soapsbymaremare
love2teach
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009 07:01:07 PM »

And... back to the swap... Where are all of the people? We all may end up swapping with each other Wink

I'm around, but unfortunately summer school keeps getting in the way.  I just received the book Crocheted Flowers by Nicky Epstein.  There are some great patterns in it.  I really love how the flowers turn out using chenille yarn.  They look so soft and fluffy.

love2teach
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pintrest:  http://www.pinterest.com/lac1424/
My Raverly ID:  love2teach
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009 07:18:23 PM »

ooh, that one is on my "list"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009 07:25:15 PM »

ooh, that one is on my "list"

That one is already in my posession Wink

*sigh* What can I say...I'm a book junkie Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009 07:40:25 PM »

Some questions - does that mean that we can pick any of the list, but not have to do all?  Or do we have to do a square for ALL on that list?  Is there a standard size for the squares, or can it be any kind of size?  I'm kind of casually interested at this point, because I have a lot of pregnant friends right now that I am knitting for, so may not be able to join in on this one, but it does sound like a fun one to join in for the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my pinterest
If anyone is swapping with me & happens to see any of the Pickup Trucks Forever stamps on their mail - please pop them in the package for me - my hubby would love them!  Huge pre-emptive thanks
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009 03:32:08 AM »

The motifs can be any size, but for each partner the total number of inches has to add up to 25.  We purposefully made a longer list so that crocheters of various experience levels could participate, so you don't have to "find" all of the motifs from the list.

I've signed up for 3 partners and am taking it as a personal challenge to try making at least one of each, but it really isn't required.

I hope you join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Quilting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009 08:56:47 AM »

Oops, thanks fantasticmio! I saw the question when I was at work yesterday and was gonna answer when I got to a computer, hate typing on my phone!

Minimum of 6 motifs, 25 inches total like she said! So roughly 4 inches average, if you do a bunch that are bigger or smaller you will just need to make sure the meet the minimum requirements of 6 and 25.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 08:57:23 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009 10:06:19 AM »

*sigh* I'm here in spirit anyways, and I have been keeping up with the thread, but unfortunately won't be doing this round.  I hope to do future rounds though and I can't wait to see what all of you do with the catagories, should be fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...