A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ring display?  (Read 3826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xx_Kellybean
« on: June 17, 2009 05:49:21 PM »

i'm sorry if I missed it, but I searched for it and looked through the "how do i display _____" thread and didn't find it.

But, how do you guys display rings!? I'm at a total loss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsamutiny
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009 04:05:15 AM »

http://woodenwood.com/photogallery/photo28547/ring%20holder.jpg
something like that? you could take 1/2" thick foam and cut it into strips, then pull fabric tightly over it. the tension of the fabric should make the foam round out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009 04:40:12 AM »

http://woodenwood.com/photogallery/photo28547/ring%20holder.jpg
something like that? you could take 1/2" thick foam and cut it into strips, then pull fabric tightly over it. the tension of the fabric should make the foam round out.

that would work nicely! thank you for the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itsamutiny
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009 04:45:21 AM »

you're welcome! you could also possibly experiment with small wooden dowels and thinner foam, maybe 1/4", although that would probably add unnecessary cost. what i would do personally is get a piece of luaun and a staple gun, and staple the edge of the fabric to the edge of the luaun, or possibly wrap the fabric around to the back of it and staple it there, so you can't see the raw edge. put a strip of foam under the fabric, then pull it tight and staple the fabric to the luaun again, as close to the foam as you can get. then repeat for as many rows as you need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kellynchi
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009 07:48:43 AM »

I'm going to try nestling mine in a bowl of river rocks. I'll let you know how that works. I might need smaller rocks...mine are pretty large.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ambri

Insert maniacal laughter here

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009 10:27:48 AM »

There are hand and wrist-shaped ring and bracelet forms you can get online;  it occurs to me that you could possibly make your own by filling a latex glove with some sort of self-hardening clay, or maybe plaster of Paris, letting it dry, then peeling off the glove.  I'm not really sure how well it'd work, as I've never tried it, but that's one idea.  Another idea I thought of using was stuffing vintage gloves with old nylons or other stuffing and using those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soap is a 4-letter word.
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009 09:30:15 PM »

There are hand and wrist-shaped ring and bracelet forms you can get online;  it occurs to me that you could possibly make your own by filling a latex glove with some sort of self-hardening clay, or maybe plaster of Paris, letting it dry, then peeling off the glove.  I'm not really sure how well it'd work, as I've never tried it, but that's one idea.  Another idea I thought of using was stuffing vintage gloves with old nylons or other stuffing and using those.

that's definitely not a bad idea. i've got bags of stuffing that i've never got around to using...although i probably should  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

odd_artist
WEIRD IS GOOD!

Twister of Minds

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009 08:18:35 AM »

Sorry- don't have a pic, but imagine this:
I took a couple yards of the fattest (about the size of a 50 cent piece) upholstery edging I could find (about $1.20 a yard at Hancock), sewed a tube of stretch velveteen to pull it through so you have a fat velvety rope. Then, starting at the outside edge of the lid of a cookie tin, glue the rope in a spiral just tight enough so the sides of each coil touch. Tuck in the ends, making sure nothing is glued to the side of the lid. Let it dry, insert your rings in the spiral, and Voila! - you have a nice ring display! The best part is when you are packing for the show, you just put the base of the cookie tin over your rings (like an upside-down cookie tin) and you have perfect storage. I use these for my shows and it's an instant set up. Just pull the tin off the lid and set the lid on your table..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop!
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009 10:18:52 AM »

odd_artist, thank you for the great idea!  I'm contemplating doing a craft show and this is a great way of showing and storing rings!  I would imagine, too, that you could do layers of these coils, if done neatly enough, and display them out of the tin cover.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Modern Rites Of Passage - Coming Of Age In The Modern World
7 Things: Gina Gershon
The Evolution of Mara Dyer Book Trailer
The Prayer of Love Book Trailer
Jayne Amelia Larson on Driving the Saudis
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...