A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,881
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet hook case (adapted from the great Debbie Stoller)  (Read 3090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

t1g3rl1ly
« on: April 04, 2005 11:00:57 PM »

I hope I'm putting this post in the right spot. I have just begun to crochet now so I decided I needed a "roll-your-own-HOOK" case. Hope you like it.  Smiley

All Rolled Up:
http://img207.exs.cx/img207/4620/dscn04064lc.jpg

With the Flap Closed:

With the Flap Open:
http://img207.exs.cx/img207/4933/dscn04087vi.jpg
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011 12:18:29 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkcurtains
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005 11:02:46 PM »

looks good, and i love your icon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005 11:10:16 PM »

Thanks girly! Garden gnomes crack me up.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mary Bell
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005 02:48:30 AM »

How funny...I just decided I needed to crochet too and convinced a friend to come over when my girls nap and we would park her child in front of the television and we would work on together and I was go to make a pair of cases one for her and one for me before we started as a way to show my appreciation...

I really like the of the pocket...

Did you stitch tubes for each hook then? Do you have a tutorial or a place where I could find instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftgirl_sampson
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005 08:19:27 AM »

that so cute i made one two but it didn't turn out(for knitting needles). your looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to to personal swaps  Smiley Tongue

Check out Aroha trip to Canada
http://arohameetstheworld.piczo.com/?cr=6
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005 08:36:43 AM »

Did you stitch tubes for each hook then? Do you have a tutorial or a place where I could find instructions.

Yup I stitched tubes for each hook. In the first SnB bitch there are directions for making this kind of case but no specific instructions on how big each tube should be. I pretty much just eyeballed this whole thing.

For the tubes on the far left, each tube is about 5/8" wide. I did a few of those, then switched to 4/8", did a few more. For the littlest ones (kind of in the middle) I made the tubes between 3/8" and 4/8". I just used the measurement lines on my sewing machine.

For the scissors I made the tube wide enough to hold them but then stitched across the bottom of the tube about an inch or inch and a half up from the bottom to make the pocket more shallow. I wanted the scissors to stick out a bit so I wouldn't have to go digging for them.

Since I didn't bother measuring this before I started, I ended up with a couple more inches of fabric on the very right so I just made 3 or 4 more pockets. They could be used for extra hooks or tools.

Hope this helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005 05:33:34 PM »

Oooh! I have an old pouch that looks a bit too 1972. I love the colors and the ease of use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
soapturtle
Turtle Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005 06:53:27 AM »

I have made a couple of these.

The first one I made for knitting needles before I ever learned to knit, (and what I learned to sew a bit on)and the I did the same thing and did a variation of it for crochet and made quite a few.
As for the slots.  Unless they are thread crochet needles, I used half inch spacing up thru about H and then  three-quarter inch for h-kish and then L-Q are one in slots.

I have since bought even more needles including a set of crystalites for when on the airplane.  So I need to make a bigger/serperate case for them, however crystalites don't have anything on them that says the size so I am thinking of doing little iron tags for each needles section on the case for those.

But I always get compliments on my cases, and as long as I put the needles back, I always have the needle I need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crochet hooker12
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005 04:30:53 PM »

So I need to make a bigger/separate case for them, however crystalites don't have anything on them that says the size so I am thinking of doing little iron tags for each needles section on the case for those.
They actually do say what they are. Its on the handle, in little raised letters. I thought the same thing and I was really annoyed for a long time, until a friend pointed it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
soapturtle
Turtle Collector

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005 05:22:19 PM »

haha thanks!  about 2 hours after posting this I discovered the same thing while messing with one.
But yes, I was rather put out about it until I noticed as well, so thanks for telling me just the same. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Pen Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Magic Wand Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Lasso Tool in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Double Life of Selections in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Summer Hat
Hedgies!
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...