A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 11 days by myself with cute fabric [Image Voluptuous] UPDATED!  (Read 11648 times)
Tags for this thread: deer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Silversark

Queen of France!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2009 11:55:34 AM »

My roommate went to visit her beau in Seattle for 11 days, so I got the whole place to myself, as well as two deliveries of cute fabric during that time.  We're moving at the end of the month, so I got really motivated and finished a bunch of projects I had laying around, as well as three dresses in as many days.  Enjoy!

I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby yesterday and snatched it up right away.  I'm pretty sure it's curtain fabric:

I love circus motifs:

I put the elephant right in the front!  I heart elephants:

In the same shipment as the red cake fabric was this great Michael Miller stuff -- I have the pink x black scallop print, too, but I'm going to wait on making a dress with it until after I move:

I think I liked it better on the website.  The diamonds throw me off x_x:

I forgot to put this one in here.  I finished it in May for a J-Fashion show in Chicago:

Photo by the fantastic Axel Frost:

A commission that I had for a couple years and finally finished.  Sent it to her a few months ago and it looks sooo cute on her:

Blouse and skirt I made.  The sleeves are detachable:

I also altered the shoes:

And the cute buttons:

A navy blue commission I did for a girl on Etsy:

It's based on a Lavender one I made:

I couldn't quite do what I wanted with this dress; there was only a half yard of the white and yard and a half of the black left.  It looks a little maid-y for my taste:

Detail of the crown appliques and ruffle:

Bewbz:

I almost died when I saw this fabric because it's SO EFFING CUTE:

I guess I have a thing for fawns:

Here, little deer!  have a mushroom or some cherries!  Why, thank you, little squirrel buddy!:

I love Red Riding Hood anything.  Pink x black is one of my favorite color schemes:

I actually took the time to match up the pattern!

I love the bits of gold detail in the fabric:

I need to make a pink blouse to go with this skirt:

I also love print with cakes and candy on it.  I'm not quite done with it yet; the red ribbons aren't attached, and I plan on making fabric bows for my head and two pin versions to put on blouses or wherever:

Finished the accessories!  Action shot! (disregard part of my bellydancing costume poking in there):

Love critique and comments!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009 11:45:36 AM by Silversark - Reason: more photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make Elegant Gothic Lolita goods on commission, and sometimes I just make things for the online store!

http://silversark.etsy.com/
astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009 12:24:31 PM »

you are amazing!  I love... everything, but the black dress, the cake skirt, and skirt #1 best of all.

yay, cute fabric for cuter clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NightChaed
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009 12:45:57 PM »

I can barely function, those fabrics are so cute! I completely envy your talent. Those dresses are bloody gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009 12:49:51 PM »

Amazing work!!  I love the fawn dress!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
N30Nb100d
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009 01:08:39 PM »

I'm also barely functioning from all the awesomeness and cute fabric!! I especially like that blouse (probably because I really need a blouse  Roll Eyes ). Did you use a pattern?
Do the fawn and Red Riding Hood dresses close with a zipper? I love the way they fit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sammo6661Deth
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009 01:13:20 PM »

Oh my, they're all so pretty. I especially love the black one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: www.kurowonderland. blogspot.com

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

どうか酷い夢だと答えて欲しい
どれだけ叫び 悶え 苦しめばいい
Silversark

Queen of France!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009 01:27:57 PM »

I'm also barely functioning from all the awesomeness and cute fabric!! I especially like that blouse (probably because I really need a blouse  Roll Eyes ). Did you use a pattern?
Do the fawn and Red Riding Hood dresses close with a zipper? I love the way they fit!

The blouse is based off a pattern from a Goth Loli mook.  I don't know which volume exactly, but it's from either 2, 3, 6 or 10.   It's been laying around for the better part of a year and I decided just to go ahead and finish it.

The Fawn dress closes with a zipper, though I want to put ties on the side to close it a bit tighter at the waist.  The Red Riding Hood dress is elasticized at the back.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make Elegant Gothic Lolita goods on commission, and sometimes I just make things for the online store!

http://silversark.etsy.com/
N30Nb100d
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009 01:48:57 PM »

The blouse is based off a pattern from a Goth Loli mook.  I don't know which volume exactly, but it's from either 2, 3, 6 or 10.   It's been laying around for the better part of a year and I decided just to go ahead and finish it.

The Fawn dress closes with a zipper, though I want to put ties on the side to close it a bit tighter at the waist.  The Red Riding Hood dress is elasticized at the back.

Thanks!

Well shoot, I only have vol. 12  Cheesy and I'm not a fan of any of the blouses in there.
I've been meaning to make a dress with an elasticized back... good to know that's the one I was most drawn to. Thanks for the response!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aris_raver
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009 02:00:22 PM »

Ahhh I wish I could sew!
These are so awesome. I found myself crying "I WANT ONE I WANT ONE D:" while scrolling through

great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curlsmakethegirl
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009 02:07:06 PM »

You are AMAZING. I am in loovee with the little red riding hood, and the black one for the girl especially.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Antique Jewelry Boxes
What to Expect From a Certified Jewelry Appraiser
Learn About Vintage Coro Costume Jewelry
Hattie Carnegie Design Jewelry
How to Find Unique Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...