A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: random bathtub  (Read 3338 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rissaroo
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005 09:46:51 AM »

in a store once somewhere in the Texas Hill Country, they had a bathtub in the middle of the store. Inside was this lifesize mermaid doll - she was so cool - and all these glass ornaments in various shades of blue. They had some hanging ornaments to look like bubbles that were floating away, and i think they had some sparkly fish dolls. It was really cool, that would be fun to have in your room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EZ START
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005 12:44:04 PM »

If it were me, I'd shut the water off, fill the tub with stuffing, put a large piece of luxurious fabric over it and tuck it in. Then I'd add some lovely little pillows and sleep in it. Although, I think it'd be pretty hard if you were over five feet tall. It could still be a couch though! However, I ADORE the pond idea. I think it would be better without gravel, but I'd make sure to cover the drain! Not permanently though, the next person to be in that room may want to turn it into their own personal bathroom. Put up some good ole' Christmas lights around one of those hanging shower curtain holders that are meant for those tubs, fill the area with some fake or living vines, ferns, and flowers, add a few large and comfy pillows and make it a relaxing pond area. Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mwilke
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005 02:10:44 PM »

I'm a big fan of fireplaces in bedrooms (so sexy and romantic) so if I were you I would TOTALLY fill it a bit more than halfway with some sparkly sand, and put candles of all different shapes and sizes, maybe monochromatic, in the sand.

Put a big, ornate Moroccan mirror or a screen behind it to bounce the warm glow into the rest of your room.

I do like the couch idea.

I like the candy idea too. You could fill it with chocolate coins and pretend you were Scrooge McDuck.
That could get pretty gross though  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poto_fan

No day But today

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005 05:23:17 PM »

haha, you could put pillows in it and use it for a guest bed! lol jk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The heart may freeze or it can burn
The pain will ease if I can learn
There is no future
There is no past
I live this moment as my last
There's only us
There's only this
Forget regret
Or life is yours to miss
No other road
No other way
No day but today
Murky
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2005 09:44:00 AM »

I just wanted to add that if you go with the pond idea, it would be better to get some fancy goldfish, and definately not koi. Koi get very large and will not have room to swim in the bathtub. Other than that, I think that is a neat idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

St. The Mary
-bemma-

Did he fire six shots or only five?

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2005 11:23:57 AM »

This is a sort of ridiculous idea, but I have to say it.

You can somehow cut the tub in half and make it into a loveseat like in Breakfast at Tiffany's!
Or you can give it to me. I've wanted a couch-tub since I saw that movie.

I can't really think of any other sollution, even though this one is pretty impossible, because bathtub material is very hard and heavy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I know what yer thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? Frankly, in all the confusion I kinda lost track myself. But you gotta ask yourself one question. Do I feel lucky?
Well do ya punk?
amandajones

life means nothing if you're not obsessed

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005 10:04:24 AM »

my aunt lives way out in the sticks and doesn't having running water in her house. she has a claw foot tub and she painted the outside of the tub pink, and put a little tray type thing across it and put little things like soap (with retro labels on them), pink face cloths, a vintage magazine etc. when she redid her bathroom she used pink, black and white as her colors and now it has a retro/parisy tpe of feel to it. it's super cool

the point of my story is, that she used the tub as decoration and used it as her main peice and built the room around it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We like boys. We like hot boys.
With roaming hands and rushing fingers!
I'm just a be bop baby, and i don't take nothing from no one.
See you later Daddyo's
Grizelda
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005 08:44:23 PM »

Hello, I've been lurking around craftster for months and finally had to join so I could tell you about this: in my elementary school in the library, there was a bathtub! It was painted on the outside and inside like a blue sky with clouds and rainbows, and there were tons of pillows in it. It was the best place for reading and all of the kids used to fight over who got to sit in it. So that's my suggestion: a reading tub.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Otakuannie

It's okay because I didn't really mean it

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005 04:20:54 PM »

I love the idea of teh Breakfast at TIffany's style couch

and the candle idea sounded GORGEOUS

unfortunately, I've just recently moved and that house is now being rented out...I should tell the renters about all your awesome ideas

Thank you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your MySpace makes me want to kill myself
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...