A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,400
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter HBP (Sign-Up: 6-1-09 to 6-8-09 Send by: 7-6-09)  (Read 14894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*Sly*Sev*Steph*
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009 09:11:34 AM »

Here are my pictures!

Ysmeine posted pics of the great package Alex sent me, but here are some close ups and stuff!

The whole package!

The Bellatrix shirt- I might wear this to the midnight premiere

The Snitch and its box (you can't have it flying away)

An exquisite Slytherin crest that's hanging in my room

The magic ball of yarn- I had no idea what was in it until I saw audio-astrophysics had gotten one! My mom helped me unwrap it, and it was so fun! I'd feel something, and we'd get all excited, and then it would fall out and I'd be like "Theres a Gryffindor charm!" I got similar charms to audio-astrophysics, like Ysmeine described in her post. I made the Snitch into a necklace and the Slytherin charm into a keychain. This was such a cute idea!

The Mauraders Map-

Look! Its Snape in the Potions Classroom! Cheesy

And finally, a closeup of the dark mark bag. Rawr, that snake is coming right for you! Love it!

And here are some photos of what I sent Alex:

I made her Luna's butterbeer necklace and a matching charm bracelet.

It was really hard to part with that bracelet!  Wink

The front of the Quidditch shirt

This was my favorite part of the shirt!

A closeup of the spectrespecs- they aren't 3D, but do make you a bit dizzy, lol

The inside of the chocolate box

I am amazed by the bad@$$ package I received and the items other people have received- what a great swap! I can't wait for the movie!!!!11!1!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009 09:14:13 AM by *Sly*Sev*Steph* » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2009 11:09:25 AM »

that snitch box looks awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2009 11:54:00 AM »

I love the Spectrespecs and the butterbeer charm jewellery!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2009 12:46:03 PM »

The jewelry is beautiful. Unfortunately, we did not find it in the box. Hopefully you still have it or it is lost forever. That's so sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

texmexie
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2009 11:04:24 AM »

HI ALL!!!  i'm finally here to post my pictures!!  so sorry to dinkime that it took FOREVA to get these posted.  She sent an AWESOME package and i got to wear some of the items to the movie last night!!!!  YEAH!

First off are SOME of the extras she sent....'CASUE SHE SENT A BUNCH!!!
these are adorable pens in potion jars!!! they are great colors and sparkly!!! wich is awesome cause i justmoved in with granny and have nearly no supplies to write pretty letters for swaps....now i have glittery gel pens!!  Also notice the "luna esque" flower/sipper brooch!  i LOVE IT! nad a great hand written letter from hogwarts!  so so cute!

next are some CANDIES from Honeydukes!!!  OMG!  i really don't get out much and didnt realize that there were even "potter"  candies for sale...and she sent me a whole bunch!!   all enclosed ina beautiful honedukes jar!

Then we have a lovely handpainted wooden trinket box.  I can keep all my hogwarts goodies in there!!

The beautiful JEWELRY I GOT TO WEAR LAST NIGHT!!!!

2 charms necklaces and RADISH EARRINGS (made by luna)!  EEEKKK!!!  i love THEM!  (sory the earring pic was so blurry)

one charm necklace is a memory!  the secon was for me to use on an "ordinary day" Per Prof Slughorn

and if all that weren't enough....I got the most AWESOME cross stitch EVER!  framed in a handpainted wooden frame!!!!!  I'd hate to say this is my favorite cause i love everything...but if i really had to choose...this would be it!  I have an early macula degeneration in my left eye that prevents me from being able to do any cross stitching..so this craft is very much appreaciated when i recieve it!  ( i tried to ratate it but its not working for some reason..... maybe it will work in a few hrs?

THANKS DINKIME FOR AN AMAZING PACKAGE!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking"
                     *Jesus Culture*
PepperRose22
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2009 03:39:09 PM »

I received my awesome package from my partner twistedbeader.

First up is a Hogwarts a History Book. Or is it?

Inside in the book box was a Note Pad

Next is a quill kit from flourish & blotts. shrieked when I saw this. always wanted one of these. Can't wait to try it out.

also inside the kit was a how to quill book and a set of blank cards

And Last but not least my very own Wand that lights up. have no idea how she made it but would a luv a tutorial. such a great idea / gift.

Simply luved everything thanks soo much twistedbeader. Hopefully you get your package either today or tomorrow.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit_core
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I put the RAGE in beverage.

Too lazy to be evil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009 08:42:33 PM »

This is my package from BabyGirlBling.  Sorry it took so long to post the pics!

She sent my this fantastic tote bag in Gryffindor colors.  It's vinyl, which is great, because it'll protect my knitting from the elements!

she sent me a beaded owl necklace

a Gryffindor sleep masks (the better to sleep in with, my dear!)

And my personal favorite, a Potterpuffs t-shirt with Dumbledore saying, "I was mearly reading the Muggle magazines.  I do love knitting patterns!"
  I wore it to the midnight premiere!
Thanks again!!!
Is it just me, or do they need to add Gryffindor, muggle and Dumbledore to the spell check dictionary?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by."  Douglas Adams

Debbies only get respect in the knitting world.  How unfair is that?

Because Poe wrote on both of them.

Anyone up for a Jasper Fforde swap?
twistedbeader
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009 09:18:03 PM »

I got my package today! I am going to charge my camera tonight and take pictures tomorrow!

I loved making the quill kit it was so much fun I am going to make one for my self for sure.I couldnt belive my luck when I saw that quill skill graphic. All the ink was hand mixed with water colors. I tested them all with my own pens to to make sure they where the right concistancy. So if you run out you can buy waer colors and mix them with water. A tip to clean out your pen .. you can buy expensive pen cleaner at hobby stores for like 3.99 for 2 ounces OR you can use windex.. yup .. same stuff!
 I love those books and saw one on your wist so... I  made it!
I love making those little spiral books. I was thinking of selling them but I don't know. Meh..

The wand took me the longest to make.. I tried like 8 diffrent ways including drillling and sanding .. I could post a seperate tutorial when I make a new one. It was kind of involved with the electorinics and stuff.. You should have seen me danceing around when I finaly got the switch to work! LOL.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009 09:29:53 PM by twistedbeader » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life with out beads is a sad life indeed
My soap is so awsome I can wash anything! -sung as this book is so awesome from Harry and the Potters

Wist- http://www.wists.com/twistedbeader
PepperRose22
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2009 10:09:45 PM »

I got my package today! I am going to charge my camera tonight and take pictures tomorrow!

I loved making the quill kit it was so much fun I am going to make one for my self for sure.I couldnt belive my luck when I saw that quill skill graphic. All the ink was hand mixed with water colors. I tested them all with my own pens to to make sure they where the right concistancy. So if you run out you can buy waer colors and mix them with water. A tip to clean out your pen .. you can buy expensive pen cleaner at hobby stores for like 3.99 for 2 ounces OR you can use windex.. yup .. same stuff!
 I love those books and saw one on your wist so... I  made it!
I love making those little spiral books. I was thinking of selling them but I don't know. Meh..

The wand took me the longest to make.. I tried like 8 diffrent ways including drillling and sanding .. I could post a seperate tutorial when I make a new one. It was kind of involved with the electorinics and stuff.. You should have seen me danceing around when I finaly got the switch to work! LOL.

so glad you got your package sorry it was a bit late. the simplest project took the longest could not find the right color flip flops.
thanks for the tip on the windex. as for the ink.. is there a certain amount of water I should remeber so as to get the right consistency? and any particlar brand in water colors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

twistedbeader
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2009 08:37:25 AM »

When cleaning the pen you should let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wipe it off. I used regular paint tubes not the paint cakes.The consistancy is hard to describe. You don't want it to watery.... I put the paint in fillled it up half way then mixed if it still looked not vivid then I would add a little more.. then the rest of the water. To thick and it wont go through the pen.. so test it and then make a choice to add more or not. I have been doin it for a long time so it is trial and error I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life with out beads is a sad life indeed
My soap is so awsome I can wash anything! -sung as this book is so awesome from Harry and the Potters

Wist- http://www.wists.com/twistedbeader
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Advanced Color Selection
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Setting Colors in Flash
Macromedia Flash 8 - Object-Based Drawing
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating and Arranging Groups
Macromedia Flash 8 - Editing the Contents of a Group
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...