A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: selling childrens clothes and diapers  (Read 940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sparky17
« on: June 06, 2009 01:58:40 PM »

hi i would like to start an etsy shop selling cloth diapers, bibs, and childrens clothes (after i get a cheap serger), but i dont know where to start in terms of measurements. where can i find measurments that i can use? i dont have kids yet and i dont know anyone with kids but i LOVE them and i would absolutely love making stuff for them to sell on etsy. should i just buy cheap clothes of different sizes at the goodwill and make patterns according to them? what about for diapers? please help! thanx!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mimiw
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009 02:57:26 PM »

I would checkout diaperswappers.com - seems like they will ave the answers you need.  You can always look at the shops on Hyena Cart ans see what measurements people are using as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grniys
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009 02:08:37 PM »

For making cloth diapers I suggest looking into becoming licensed by a pattern holder. Trimsies, Darling Diapers Unlimited, Little Comet Tails, Chloe Toes, Fattycakes, Artistry Creates and other popular cloth diaper patterns have various licensing where you submit a sample of your work and if approved pay a fee (amount of fee varies depending on the pattern) and you can sell diapers made from that pattern. I suggest that because a lot of cloth diapering moms won't buy a diaper they've never heard of before... you want to know it will work, that it's absorbent, that it won't leak, that it's a good fit and dependable. So by getting that licensing, you've already got a good reputation behind the diaper pattern to help you. I'm just suggesting this because drafting a cloth diaper pattern is a lot of work, and if you don't have a baby to test the diaper on you won't be able to continually tweak it until it's just right, ya know?

As for clothing, I'm not really sure.

Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sparky17
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009 07:53:32 PM »

Thanx guys, that does help!
grniys- thanx, I actually didnt know that but it does make sense, especially if I dont have any test-babies lol. Depending on the fee, I might do that.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Cozies
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Chocolate Mice

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...