NEW SEND OUT DATE SATURDAY JULY 25GALLERY http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310617.0
Swap name: Altoid Tin Swap Round 12
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: plucky1_08
Sign-up date range: June 14 2009- June 21 2009 (or until full)
Date to send item by: July 20
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement? 16+Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES/NO
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO
Details of swap:
Here's the deal. You will be given five theme ideas from your partner. You will choose one of those ideas, and re-con an Altoid tin according to the theme. (If you are unable to find an actual Altoid tin, you may use a substitute, provided you keep the size to anything smaller than 4" x 4" (10 cm x 10 cm), and not thicker than 1" (3 cm).) They don't have to be square or rectangular, I've seen some cool round tins. After the tin is decorated, you will fill the tin with tiny objects that also relate to the theme.
For example, if your partner chose "red" as a theme, you would decorate the box to reflect "red". It could just be different shades of red, or perhaps pictures of red items (roses, cherries, or firetrucks, etc.). Then, you decorate the interior of the box and fill it with red things...maybe a pair of red earrings, a red purse charm, some red hots...whatever "red" means to you. The catch is that you can only send the decorated tin and whatever fits into it. Nothing else!
There is a short signup period but with 4 weeks of crafting time, if you are feeling frisky and you want to do two tins, you may request two partners. It's up to you.
There are some rules, though.
1. You MUST post in this thread so we can communicate with you easily. A simple "I'm in" will suffice.
2. You MUST get a DC number (US only), or it will be noted in your feedback. If you are shipping internationally please keep your receipt and take note of the customs number.
3. You MUST send on time and pm me and your partner with the DC number, OR communicate with me that you will be late. Do not make me have to ask you whether or not you have shipped. Poor communication will also be noted in your feedback.
4. All PMs MUST have Altoid tin theme swap in the subject line (I get a lot of PMs and it gets confusing)
5. Last but not least...NO FLAKING! Make sure you have the time to commit and do a good job for your partner. We are all busy with vacations, kids out of school, etc over the summer so if the timing doesn't work for you, please sit this one out. Wait for the next round.
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap Altoid Tin Swap Round 12
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old (yes/no)
What 5 themes would you like to receive? You may indicate a preference but your partner can choose any theme from your list.
Do you want a second partner?
If so, you may post a second theme list to avoid duplicates? (Not required)
Are there any little items you would NOT want? (i.e. if you don't have pierced ears, you will probably not want post earrings!)
Any allergens in your home your partner should know about?
Anything you are allergic to?
Do you have a digital camera and are willing to post pics of your tin?
Anything else your partner should know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE:
1. plucky1_08 1 Partner
2. rlynn 2 partners
3. noooitaremybirthday 1 partner
4. 85%confusion 1 partner
5. thatkid 1 partner
6. tracey87 2 partners
7. lindyv321 1 partner
8. kjbaloo --- first time swapper 1 partner
9. PinkPug,INK. 2 partners
10. mcook72677 1 Partner
11. nosusanfx 1 Partner
12. stitch81 1 Partner
13. SAHMama 1 Partner
14. leashhh 1 Partner
15. Lunanne 1 Partner
16. haroldlovesmaude 2 partners
17. juliel85 1 Partner
18. nat_attack 1 Partner
19. HippieKender 1 Partner
20. becs88 2 partners
21. puppybreath 1 partner
22. babalina58 2 partners (if needed)
23. CjSachiko 2 partners (if needed)