A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need help redecorating my room !  (Read 616 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goofipinay
« on: June 14, 2009 09:17:39 AM »

Here's my side of the room

The other side is much smaller, cause i have the bigger side, my cousin just has that TV on her side and another computer desk
Anyway, we're both just two teenage girls, so we don't know what to do/how to arrange things.
We recently made the bookshelf my storage area, putting it on the side, but I'm thinking of moving it back up to a standing bookshelf.

I want a permanent place for my sewing machine (which has to be boxed up after I sew all the time)
She just wants to have a room that looks less WOODEN! The walls are like wooden planks, and all our furniture except the chairs are wooden, we don't like it.

Help please?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009 09:17:56 AM by goofipinay » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009 09:26:46 PM »

Um, I know its a rather obvious solution, but are you allowed to paint either the walls or the furniture?  That would be one way to take care of your cousin's complaints. 

I would definitely move the shelf back to vertical.  You might be able to squeeze a small sewing table between it and the TV that way.

Pretty storage boxed might be another way to tie things together.  It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just cover cardboard boxes with fabric or wrapping paper.

How is this room used?  Is it a workroom?  A bedroom?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goofipinay
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009 05:12:42 AM »

Sadly, we're not allowed to paint...We're not really allowed to do much, even when we moved around the furniture, our family was like "it's not supposed to be that way!" (control freaks, haha)

Yea, I'm going to move the bookshelf right side up, again, move my computer desk to the corner, have the bookshelf on the side the computer desk is...She's giving me her table, so I can use it for my sewing machine, and replacing that table with a storage bench (you know, like the ones kids have?)

So, now our problem is just color! We're thinking an orange or something...
Should we put curtains on the window, too? We don't really use it, since there's a sliding door...

It's a so-called "study" room, but as you can see, we don't really study in there (she has her own computer on the other side, and that TV's constantly on) hehe =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009 06:05:06 AM »

How about solid colored scrapbook paper on the walls?  Something like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=300836.0 .  You could try more subdued colors if that particular example is too busy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RENTHead_351
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009 03:36:07 PM »

A bit late, but...
I'd put up curtains for some color, yes. Are you allowed to put anything at all on the walls? Because if there's wall space some posters or pictures could liven things up, and give the room a bit more personal touch. Or pictures of crafts you'd like to make for inspiration! :]
Maybe the two of you could paint or draw or (whatever other medium you like to work with) something to put on the walls.
Also, are you able to get a rug if you'd like to cover up a bit of the woodenness of the floor?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vampire Makeup Contouring
Vampire Makeup Foundation
How to Make a Personalized Christmas Stocking
How to Make a Milk Carton Bird Feeder
How to Make a Hand Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...