A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,714
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: People who have sent post cards  (Read 625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 13, 2009 06:03:33 PM »

We are having an argument about formatting post cards.

This is for the RSVP cards. So we will be sending the card in an envelope and then asking people to send it back as a post card. He is trying to be extra perfect in formatting. There is a "picture" side and then the back has the RSVP/how many are coming  and our address

(the address and nothing else goes here)
(this needs to move because of the bar code) etc.

I am trying to tell him that it doesn't really matter. If the barcode covers that up, that is fine, because the post card is coming back to us and what the barcode would cover up, doesn't matter to us.

We sent post card save the dates that was formatted like a letter the "picture" side was SAVE THE DATE..... and the back side was like a letter.

Like:

Me and him
Our address
                Family and friends
                Their address
[BARCODE SHOULD GO HERE]
So, we followed the rules and when we went to his sisters and saw they had gotten the card the post office had put the barcode on the "picture" side. So I don't think the barcode is really important.

If you sent post cards did you strictly follow the rules? The post card address should have a 1/2" margin on the right hand side and the address and ONLY the address should be in the
2 1/2" before that right side margin?

Did it matter if you address looked like
YOUR NAME                   
STREET ADDRESS                         
CITY STATE ZIP
or
YOUR NAME
STREET ADDRESS
CITY STATE ZIP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
cherryonion
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009 07:07:31 PM »

We are planning on doing this and I had *no* idea that it was so technical.  I have received plenty of postcards with the address on the right side in a circle and the rest of the postcard completely covered (except for the stamp, of course).  I was just planning on putting all the text on the left side, though, with only the address on the right.  I've also seen bar codes on both sides.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sillybowtie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009 04:02:49 PM »

The barcode usually comes off easily so you can still read what is under it. I just got some postcards and the barcode is on the picture side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009 02:02:38 PM »

The barcode usually comes off easily so you can still read what is under it. I just got some postcards and the barcode is on the picture side.

I know, we figured it out, I conceded on some things I thought he was being crazy about and he let go of some other things.

It was all fine until my dad saw them...(he works for the post office) and I had STUPIDLY formatted our address wrong. It was very stupid. I had spelled out our state which made everything to long and I had set it off to the left more than I needed to (because one attempt had more words on the note side) He was a bit concerned my mom (who worked for the post office 30 years ago) wasn't worried. I told some friends to make sure they send them really soon, so I can see if they will get to me or not. And I didn't tell the guy that there was a DIFFERENT problem.

I am going to post them when I get some time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Giraffe
How to Design a Cartoon Panda
How to Design a Cartoon Turtle
How to Design a Cartoon Donkey
How to Design a Cartoon Fairy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...