A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jewlery Business Online - Questions and Resources  (Read 944 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

michelle232
« on: June 13, 2009 12:29:29 PM »

I just expanded my business into the internet and I found it was really hard to find any help in regards to how to do business on the web. Obviously I promote my website through word of mouth but sometimes it's not good enough.

Ps. Google has a great "starter kit" for HTML Enthusiasts or beginning Webmasters. It has some basics on how to edit your website so you can get more hits!

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Y548b63XmtgJ:www.google.com/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf+google+search+engine+optimization+starter+guide&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Anyway, I'm also just starting out. So I guess I'm also asking for help. What do you find works for your online business?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009 08:48:00 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------------------------------
http://www.stonesandfindings.com
----------------------------------
GlitteringPeacock
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009 07:58:21 AM »

Look at advertising on popular sites and print media.  For example if you notice the Bust ad on craftster, advertise in their magazine.  I also suggest Venus magazine.  This is the same demographic as those who buy DIY crafts.  Also, and I don't know how expensive it is, I find interesting little boutiques advertised on Perezhilton.com of all things.  Work on you add being eye catching, look at examples of what these smaller boutiques are doing so that they are successful.  In the end it is really all about marketing.  Get your message to the right demographic and you should do okay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009 05:24:17 AM »

Get into all the free stuff you can: Googlebase, Flickr groups, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, LinedIn and exchange links with all the free handmade directories out there like 101CraftLinks, and try to get approved for listing by dmoz.org.

All of it takes time to kick in, of course, and some things take a longer commitment than others, but the more visible you are, the better your changes of getting noticed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mgandy
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009 12:46:12 PM »

There are lots of ways to market your company online. Some methods are free such as social media marketing, article writing, blogs, and directory submissions. I actually work as a digital marketer and have over 4 years of online marketing experience. The first thing that I would do is make sure that you website is designed properly. The site must be user friendly, clean, have information about products accessible to viewers. Once this is achieved make a marketing plan and do research to find the best way to market your products towards your target market. If you have any specific online marketing questions I might be able to help.

Cheers,

Mike
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LightsOut
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009 03:22:51 PM »

hi michelle232,
If you found the google guidelines that is a great place to start.
Beyond that you can learn a lot at various webmaster forums.
Plus, I would find some jewelry forums and participate there. If you add good comments, you may get some business via your signature.
And you mentioned "word of mouth" which I think is really the best. Provide a good product and excellent customer service, and your past customers will be your best "sales people". It just takes time to grow a business, so you must be patient.

Good luck with your website! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
classicseamstress
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009 05:57:23 PM »

What is the URL for your website?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Your Eyeliner from Day to Night with Ease
DIY Organic Face Powder
How to Make Your Skin Care Products Work Better
The Best Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
Simple Lunar New Year Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...