A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Round 9 (Sign Ups 6/12-6/29 Send outs 7/10)  (Read 12051 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2009 07:29:14 PM »

I've gotten all of mine Smiley I will be posting the new 4 up tomorrow!!  Grin I'll PM my organizer tomorrow as well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
krafty119
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2009 09:14:21 PM »

oooooo!!!! the suspense!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009 04:07:55 AM »

Ack, got back on the swap wagon too late for this one... but i've been spying on all the sent secrets Roll Eyes how often do these swaps tend to come around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009 12:40:28 PM »

I've posted all of the ones I've received now. I would happily organise another round if people were interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty119
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2009 12:44:27 PM »

I would like to particpate again... However, I realize I don't want to see any about people hating kids... I totally get not wanting them, but hating another human (baby, kid, young adult, middle aged, older, and old!) just seems wrong...

So, now I know how much those ones affect me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2009 03:44:47 PM »

I didn't send in one of those children one and don't hate children. To be honest though - and share a secret - I'd be afraid to have a daughter.. the chance of having eating disorders has been proven to increase significantly if your mother has or does suffer from one.. I wouldn't want to put an innocent child through that... even if she didn't get one.. watching me deal with it in the event of a relapse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty119
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2009 09:50:44 PM »

Yea... I can understand that. I am a newer mother - a little guy 19 months... and I sometimes think I''m not really that mature yet - (at 32) and that I need to make sure the things I'm passing along are those of value and good...

I can see having such a big thing like that being scary for you...

but I also know that once you have a kid - it changes so much of who you are.... not in a bad way either.

I always didn't want kids. no way, no how. and then one day, I did. and it's been an amazing experience thus far...

I think you find strength when faced with something that scares you... and I applaud your desire to want to be the best person you could be... and not wanting to pass down something so hard to deal with or understand...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dark.star.88

Design is where science and art break even.

« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2009 05:18:43 AM »

I want kids.. but I want to be mature when it happens  Cheesy I could not see me having a kid right now.. and If I was faced with having a kid.. I dunno if I could do it.. I'm in college, and barely have time to sit and play with my kitty. So If I were to get pregnant I'm not saying I would just totally go out and get and abortion but... I would have to change a lot in my life.. including college.. I wouldn't want to do that.. so school first, then marriage, then... maybe kids...  Grin I never saw myself as a Mom, or a Wife. Now I have an amazing boyfriend who has mentioned several times he wants kids but wants to wait as well... I know a lot of people who don't want kids, and I truly see them never having a kid.. but that is just their personality... Not that they truly hate them but rather not have that responsibility ... and I give them that much because who would want to see someone have a kid and not be able to take care of it... that would hurt more then not seeing them have kids at all... Soo... when i read those post cards that what I think....  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm afraid that if you look at a thing long enough, it loses all of its meaning" - Andy Warhol

Swaps:
Post Secret Rd. 9 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Disposable Camera Rd. 6 - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Altering Paper Crafts Supply Swap - GOOD FEEDBACK!
Art Journal Page - GOOD FEEDBACK
krafty119
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2009 07:11:50 AM »

I agree! I waited a long while to have Ryan - and I think that was the best choice - b/c I got to do a lot of living, learn a lot, and have lottsa fun in the meantime!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Casey1201
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2009 09:53:25 AM »

I didn't send in one of those children one and don't hate children. To be honest though - and share a secret - I'd be afraid to have a daughter.. the chance of having eating disorders has been proven to increase significantly if your mother has or does suffer from one.. I wouldn't want to put an innocent child through that... even if she didn't get one.. watching me deal with it in the event of a relapse?
I unfortunately know this fear all to well. I am terrified of having daughters...I always think what if they end up like me? I think that the statistics stem from us putting so much pressure on ourselves and our daughters seeing that and in return thinking that is normal. So for now, no children for me. You must love yourself first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amy Shearn on The Mermaid of Brooklyn
Waking Up in Heaven by Crystal McVea
Kid Rated. Mom Approved: Episode 3
Wool by Hugh Howey
Immortal Bird by Doron Weber
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...