A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My mean teachers didn't like my rich opulent applique embroidery!  (Read 6681 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sibeling
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2009 12:38:14 PM »

I find your piece interesting and beautiful!  I really like the blue-green border around the white face area. 

As far as your teachers, I think that teachers of professions that are very competitive and difficult to succeed in tend to be harsher on their students.  My friend was a journalism major and she said all the professors were very critical and almost discouraging.  She's said, looking back, that it was good because it prepared her for working in a very subjective and competitive industry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heatherface
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2009 04:56:03 PM »

I want to punch your teachers  Angry  This is gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenfaerie
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2009 03:13:18 PM »

Those who do, do... those who can't, teach.

Not always true, but enough to bear repeating.  It looks fab, but coming from graphic designer land here, a bit unbalanced.  But as it's fabric arts, not adwork, i obviously know nothing lol! 

Do you feel you're learning from the professors?  If so, stick it out.  If not, maybe look into appenticeships, etc, and learn your own way. Cheesy  That's what my hubby and I ended up doing after I was spending so much money and time in class not to learn everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
snophiedoodle
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009 08:46:41 AM »

they must be mad, its gorgeous. I hated my tutors telling me things like that, just because its not THEIR way. You're doing an amazing job, keep it up =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiberartist219
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009 02:27:12 PM »

When the instructor asks you if it is finished, just say yes. I agree that they try to get people to drop classes just to see who is serious and who is not.

You should be proud of your work. I've taken quite a few textiles classes when I was in school, and I loved them dearly. Of course, my instructor was way cooler than yours is!

It's just building character for you as you progress in your art work. There are a lot of critics in the real world, and you should be prepared for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Monopoly Community Chest Cards
Learn about Monopoly Land Owning Rules
Basic Monopoly Rules Guide
Learn about Monopoly
Monopoly Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...