A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can we have a craftster travel calendar, I want to adopt a craftster  (Read 2959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 12, 2009 01:18:25 PM »

Can we implement a calendar for craftsters traveling so they could stay with a craftster who adopts them? The traveler and the adopter can read the others information and pm to see if they would be compatible. They could make a small gift for the host in lieu of paying them. Then you could post the images.

I would like to leave it open for all craftsters, even though I like to bug them to become a friend.

You can't have an adopt a craftster craftalong, because you aren't actually making anything, and on the off topic chit chat is not the place for any ...along.

Is this too much work? I'm out of work, and would love to work for you maintaining schedules. Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
pops

this kittens' nose demands kisses...

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009 04:41:54 AM »

sounds like a nice idea, i guess people would have to post where they're going and other FOC's willing to take them could pm?
very lovely way of spreading the love andd saving the pennies (or cents, yen, euro's... Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009 05:34:08 AM »

I think this idea should be posted in "what do you want changed or added".  I'm not sure a mod will be reading it in chit-chat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009 07:41:39 AM »

You are right. I will see if I can get the moderator to move it. I thought this was a good place though as this thread is a little more active.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
isadora12000
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009 12:33:00 PM »

I like the idea, what a great way to meet new people/Craftsters and save some money when traveling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Consider what ideas are lost by censorship.
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009 05:54:21 AM »

Totally cool idea! I want to adopt a craftster too! Smiley Let's move over the the added to craftster thread and support this! Or to the new features thread?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009 05:58:11 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009 09:31:43 AM »

Totally cool idea! I want to adopt a craftster too! Smiley Let's move over the the added to craftster thread and support this! Or to the new features thread?

I just found out I could move this, so pick the right thread for me please Ruby as I am not sure I've seen the 'added to craftster area, or are you talking about adding it to the what we want to see added/changed? If so, I could just post this same info there? And link to it after we get it there? I'm still new, so please advise.

At least the 44 cent swap got adopted. Yipee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009 10:08:34 AM »

Hm, I think both places would be good. The "What do you want to have changed or added to craftster" gets very quick answers from the mods, but I have no idea if anyone but the mods read it Smiley I guess so, because if you don't block it from your replies page, every time someone posts there you see it.

The other place is when you open the community menu, choose "Craftster News and Discussions" and then "suggest new boards and features". The advantage is that it's open for everyone, not only FOCs. The disadvantage is that this board gets very little attention.

I don't know if the mods will want to see some support for this idea before they consider it, but you could ask them that Smiley So if they say they want to see some reactions first, you can still put your idea in the suggest new boards and features.

Sorry for not having better advice, I'm pretty clueless on this as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009 10:37:01 AM »

Yes, I agree that the News and Discussion doesn't get a lot of hits. What I will do is copy and paste the original post, and link back to here, on the what do you want added post, so mods can follow the interest. Thanks a lot Ruby. Brainstorming is the way to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009 10:40:34 AM »

Here is a link to the original post

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309016.0

Here is the original message

"Can we implement a calendar for craftsters traveling so they could stay with a craftster who adopts them? The traveler and the adopter can read the others information and pm to see if they would be compatible. They could make a small gift for the host in lieu of paying them. Then you could post the images.

I would like to leave it open for all craftsters, even though I like to bug them to become a friend.

You can't have an adopt a craftster craftalong, because you aren't actually making anything, and on the off topic chit chat is not the place for any ...along.

Is this too much work? I'm out of work, and would love to work for you maintaining schedules.
"

Thank you for any interest shown.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use etching powder on glass items
The Benefits of Knitting
How to Do Block Printing
Hot Trends for Quilting Designs
Homemade Greeting Cards for the Holiday
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...