A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 4: The Gallery  (Read 19455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009 01:58:05 PM »

I posted my photos, they're on page 1.  Cheesy
Everyone's got such nice packages, we're all such nice and crafty people.  Smiley
Totally excited about the next package, I'm off to plot and scheme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessarama
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009 10:48:15 PM »

Package 1
I received from Theballandskein yesterday and I am so happy! Her package went awry, but still reached me before mine did her! I am so happy she is my partner- we have very similar taste and it felt like Christmas opening everything. There was the sweetest letter, and all this wonderful, useful whimsical stuff!
Her favorite colors in this hemp yarn:

The orange is the exact shade I love!
Her favorite holiday is Christmas:

my favorite holiday is anything involving skulls!
Her favorite hobby is reading Stephanie Plum books

Something reflecting her personal style, she made a beautiful applicaded skull:

On a t-shirt for my son Harry!

Favorite design:silhouettes and vines, she made a matching walllet and wristband:

my ugly carpet doesn't do it justice, but this fabric is BEaUTIFUL!
Favorite Flower is a Gerber daisy, she knit a great skinny scarf modeled here by Harry:

For extras she got me a John Lee Hooker CD (I love the blues), and a pin she had made with a Mark Ryden image

I had never heard of him and now I think I am obsessed!
Here is where the pictures get confusing!
she also listed: Favorite Store- Phat Angle (the magnet)
Something related to yarn- the two skeins of yarn
Something for your hair-ponytail holders
something kept in her purse- robot key chain and pin.
She sent what seemed like piles and piles of tiny wonderful things, which my family kept stealing and I kept having to grab back in order to photograph!

theballandskein is a terrific partner with the best taste!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009 10:53:12 PM by jessarama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009 12:07:27 AM »

Wow, I am loving all the fun stuff in the gallery!

One small request * If people could possibly not use clickable thumbprint pics I would love you forever...I have super bad eyesight + a slow computer, so I basically will never see clickable pics! I'm probably not the only one lol! Gracias!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009 12:07:54 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
theballandskein
Love personal swaps!!!!!

If Crafting didn't exist ....I'd be really bored!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009 12:22:57 AM »

Hey Jessarama ..It was so cool to see and remember what I sent ya.....It took forever for that package to get to you.....I am happy you liked everything and I am glad Harry fits into the shirt....Just you wait till package two gets to ya..... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009 09:08:27 AM »

ROFL! I love the "child Proofing" thingy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2009 03:21:28 PM »

Y'all need to check out the awesome stuff I received from millik!  Click here - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309002.msg3547820#msg3547820
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009 08:06:32 PM »

Aaaand... after you check that out, check this out!

Package 1

Here is my first package from Jenicat! First of all, Jeni rocks as a swap partner. Everything is always so fantastically thoughtful and awesome. Unfortunately, that does not keep my cats from wanting to sit on everything:

Hrmm... let's try a bit closer, shall we? You can still see some cat butt, though. :-/

So much cool stuff!! First of all, she wrote a whole zine full of facts about her that I read pretty much immediately. Jeni - I forgot to include a bio in my first package! Auuugh! I'm so sorry and I will include more biographical information in the 2nd package, I swear.

Here is some info about the stuff in the photo:

Riesen candies (something edible). Delicious. "Chocolate Riesen, Mrs. Lang?" Yes, please. One was consumed shortly after this photo was taken.

Pumpkin Pie Soap (smells good). Homemade soap with actual pumpkin and spices! Pumpkin pie is one of my favorite smells and tastes of all time. This soap freaking rules.

Burt's Bees Clove Oil Chapstick (something in yr purse/bag). I immediately gave this to my girlfriend, as she is always asking around for some lip chap. It will go in her purse for me to borrow Smiley

Orange Spice Tea (drinkable)... we do not have Safeway here! This tea will be had at work tomorrow. It smells delicious.

Crayons (non-craft hobby), because she loves coloring with her daughter. This is fantastic, as coloring was a staple at my house growing up. I haven't colored in ages, though I have bought coloring books, so perhaps it is time.

And now, some close-ups...

Card wallet with elephants (her favorite animal)! This is perfect and has a really cute polka dot print inside.

Robot notebook (made of paper)! Handmade by Jenicat and spiral bound. This is a fantastic piece of work and we both like robots. I think it's cute that we both sent notebooks. This one is perfect for lists and the robots are so incredibly adorable! I absolutely love this <3

Heylerhe! I am here for my close-up! Please do not pass out from cuteness, although I know it is hard.

This 3-legged clay pig is from her favorite store--the bead store where she works. He came with a paper that said he is traditionally given to friends as a token of goodwill and love. And, hello, he is CUTE.

And last, but not least... the thing I am most amazed by is this fantabulous star ornament (favorite holiday)!!

How on earth someone would make something like this is beyond me. It is definitely going to be a year-round ornament here, as it is gorgeous.

The last little photo is not of something she sent, but it is the reason she sent some round needle nose pliers (something relating to her favorite craft supply).

These are my current round needle nose pliers. Please note the rust and the lack of, well, roundness. Heh.

Thank you so, so much!! I love everything... and I think I will go have another chocolate riesen now. Wink

Package 2

Woot! Jeni sent me an ultra-fabulous beading package with some delightful extras... Here's everything together:

There are a TON of really, really nice beads, the nice box they came in, a strawberry cake mix (yum!!), a copy of Jane Eyre (one of her favorite books), and some Playdoh because she says the smell reminds her of childhood. Smiley

Here are some closeups of some of my favorite beads:

Rainbow colors!

Pretty!

Wooden!

Freaking Lava!

There's more coolness, but I didn't want to overload with pictures. Some neat pendants like a Japanese style crane and a cute little turtle, tiny wooden skulls, super pretty stones... the list goes on and on!

All of these beads will make some really fabulous Christmas presents this year for my family & friends. Seriously, I would never buy this much nice stuff for my own stash so thank you--it was like opening a treasure box!

Package 3

Just got my 3rd package from Jenicat and it is so incredibly awesome! I was really impressed with this online, but in person it is just breathtaking. Jeni made me one of her fabric coiled bowls in one of my absolute favorite colors. I freaking love this bowl!

And as if that weren't enough... she also sent enough candy to fill the entire bowl!

There's a Dr. Pepper candy in there that is so mine.

Thank you, Jeni! I am in love with the bowl and am trying to figure out if I want to keep it in the kitchen there or move it out to the zine library Smiley

This was truly a fantastic swap--thank you so much for inviting me to be your partner! xoxo
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 07:27:22 PM by millik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2009 08:53:08 PM »

great package! love the elephant fabric!
and i am in awe of the star ornament - it's beautiful!

everyone's package is looking so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2009 10:38:30 PM »

i posted the pics from my first package from Charmling, on page 2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2009 11:12:08 PM »

First off your cats are adorable second it looks like you got a great package. I love the pig!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Southern Spoon Bread Recipe
Memorial Day Potato Salad Recipe
Humpty-Dumpty Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Spicy Meatball Submarine Sandwich Recipe
Elegant Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...