A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 4: The Gallery  (Read 20056 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009 02:03:17 PM »

Package one
I got a great package from my fabulous partner PrettyInkPink. this is the whole loot

something edible, very hot and salty snacks from mexico...they must have cast iron mouths there because it was spicy!! And some lovely candy bars made with chocolate and amaranth seeds.
Something to drink, some awesome mexican hot chocolate, this made the package smell gorgeous
something of sentimental value, a little black ceramic cat, very cute.
Something with her favourite colour Pink! some tumbled pink quartz, they are gorgeous
Something from her favourite craft beautiful beads, they are already earmarked for some crafts!
Something made from paper, a brilliant paper doll of her and some of her favourite clothes, I have it on the wall of my craftroom already.
Something she collects postcards of the area and some of the treasures in the museum
Something she always keeps in her purse a really cute notebook of the virgin of guadalupe
Favourite character, hello kitty charm and cell phone charm
She also added some maps and leaflets from her local area a lovely beaded necklace for my daughter and her BF decided that the men were getting neglected, so he added a little cake from him to my BF (which I almost ate..lol)
PrettyINKPink also sent a brilliant letter with details of her life, that had lots of pix of her family and her as a child. It was a fabulous package...Thanks!!

More pix.
beads and necklace for my daughter

Notebook with the paper doll, cat and hello kitty charms

Package two
My birthday is the end of July, so she send half of package two early, to arrive before my birthday..how cool is she!! Funny thing is that the first package took ages to get here but the second one came really fast. so they arrived a day apart!

All the loot

she sent some brilliant paper ephemera, which I am loving for altered books and chunky pages. Some religious trinkets. Mexican milagros (I was thrilled with these, they are destined for shrines) a little crucifix, scented candle in a tin. I was raised a catholic but I am no longer a catholic, but I do love the religious trinkets.
She also sent a gorgeous hair product developed by her boss, its amazing.
and a lovely little red beaded necklace for me, which is perfect as I dont have much red jewellery.

I got part two of this package! I love it

there was this set of gorgeous dios de los muertos coasters, I personally think they are too cool to get stained with tea and coffee, so they are going on the wall in my kitchen

and this brilliant luchador figure, he is a bobble head!

there was also some candy and hot chocolate, which there is no photo of because they have unaccountably disappeared!!

thanks so much !!

PACKAGE THREE

I love this stuff, its great and a little sad to be getting the last package. i have loved having PrettyINKPink for my partner, she is so cool and it was very exciting to get mail from so far away!!

anyway onto the good stuff. This is the group shot

A brilliant Virgin of guadalupe bag, the colours are so good in this, its so cheery!

Two gorgeous day of the dead themed pieces of metal work, this box, and the tile. They are great, I love the look of this metal work and love love the designs.
it was hard to get a good photo of these.
To keep me nourished during the opening of the package, there were some very yummy dulche con leche candies, with nuts...mmm. sweet but soo good.
Also some paper ephemera, old black and white photos, not sure what I will use them for, but they are great.
And two gorgeous pieces of jewellery, this necklace its very pretty and some Huichol earrings. I am wearing them tomorrow to work.

There were also three little pots of glitter, which my daughter has vanished with.

Thanks so much Diana, you were a brilliant partner.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2009 11:08:41 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

prettyinkpink
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009 09:12:11 AM »

Sorry girls, I'm not reserving any spot because I've already got my first package from Edel (EdelC)  Grin I'm a lucky one!

Package #1

Here's what I got:

1. Something local: Locally ground mixed tea that I'm going to try tonight.
2. Something to wear: Two lovely pair of earrings, one pair purple and lilac and the other one black with freshwater black pearls.
3. Something made out with paper: Inches. I deed a beautiful set that represent my adorable partner. (I know EdelC from the last inchies swap round)
4. Something she collect: Three different kinds of fabric. They're perfect for pouches and pencil cases.
5. Something related with her favourite craft: She loves crafts made of paper so she send me a generous bag of paper supplies.
6. Something that smells nice: An amazing incense kit. I can't wait to try it.
7. Something of sentimental value: A bandanna that she dyed when she lived in Australia.
8. Something that represent her personal style: This is another gab of supplies. This one contains a bit of her passion: sewing an altering clothes. The bag is full of: trims, buttons, zippers, feathers, laces...
9. Something that is a summer essential: Two notebooks. A little one perfect for my purse with a cover of fabric. Another of Hello Kitty (I love HK stuff, I'm 31 so it's like a guilty pleasure)
10. Something edible: 3 delicious chocolate bars. I can't helped and only left two of them.

Edel, you know you're awesome. I really love the package you sent me. I hope you and your daughter enjoy your vacation!

P.S. Your package #1 is ready but I have to wait until Saturday to send it out.

PACKAGE TWO

My package two arrived last week but I did not have my camera so here are the pics. THANKS EDELC!

She sent me two kits: one for embroidery and another for jewelry making. For the first one she add a needle book with cupcakes motif. I love it!, she also sent me threads and a book for instructions with patterns. For the second kit she sent me a lot of beads, pins, earwires, bracelets and little bags for my jewelry projects.

She craft for me three beautiful fascinators 1. black and peacock feathers, 2. hot pink feathers and a flower made with kanzashi technique and 3. neon pink and white tulle with a snowflake embellishment. Also she made me a beautiful hairpin flower, again like a kanzashi (I really love Japanese hair ornaments).

Because she know that I love Japanese culture she send me a beautiful pouch of Japanese fabric that is reversible (one side is navy and the other is garnet). She loves the red color, the glitter and the Christmas so she sent me a Christmas ornament. Is a beautiful heart made of felt and have beads, lace and glitter as embellishment.

None package is complete without sweets so she add three bars of chocolate, no pic of them because I ate them all before I can take pics of the goodies.

THANK YOU AGAIN EDEL, YOU'RE SO SWEET  Grin

PACKAGE #3

Unfortunately this was the last package from my GREAT partner Edel, I'm very glad that we have the time and spirit for this long swap. Sometimes was a little difficult but at the end we put our hearts on crafting. This time I got a super comfy and PINK hoodie with glittery embellishments (tattoo theme yeah!)

I also got a pair of jeans, I correct, an awesome pair of jeans with a geisha motif painted on them. Edel add to my package a beautiful hello kitty pair of earrings and delicious chocolates. I'll post pics of the earrings tomorrow, by mistake I delete the pics of my camera.

It was very nice to have a partner like Edel and such a nice organizer. Also, thank you ladies for this swap, it was fun to see all the great items you made.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009 10:32:04 AM by prettyinkpink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009 10:31:58 AM »

PACKAGE#1
I got my goodies yesterday! And I am so proud of my self-control. I finished wrapping up my partners package before I opened mine. Here's the stuff:

1. Fave color, blue-pair of kids Virgina socks. Now I just need to have my kid and make him/her grow.  Smiley
2. Something that smells good-three very sweet smelling body butters. And they are the perfect size for my purse!
3. Something you wear and fave animal-A cloisonie owl...I loooove cloisonie, even if I can't spell it!  Wink
4. Something yarn-An AWESOME trivet! I took pictures rigt away so this can go in my kitchen immediately. I've been trying to work handmade stuff into every part of the house, so this will fit right in.
5. Something local-postcards for my collection
6. Something in a purse-A nail file. Which is funny, because I just lost mine over vacation. It's like she read my mind.
7. Fave fabrics, fleece and flannel-A sweet little ellie made out of these fabrics. He is so cute. I had to keep him up high though, because my dog thought it looked pretty cool too.
8. Fave holiday-Mini haloween decoration. This ties for my fave holiday (with Christmas). Now it needs to be haloween so I can put it up somewhere.
9.Fave flower-Two very pretty beaded flowers. I am impressed with how neatly they are made. Even the backs look clean and professional! I am going to save these for something special.
10. Something to eat-COOKIES! I have been eating uber-healthy lately, so I had one. They smelled so yummy, and tasted just as good!

I also got a sheet of glittery flower stickers. I looooove glitter! These are going to be going on a lot of letters!

Thank you so much Peihan! I can't wait for package #2!

Package #2!!!
Here is the loot!

My little extras are holiday decoartions (because Christmas rocks!), tabasco sauce (for at work), awesome photos she took on her vacations and some very yummy laundry detergent. The big stuff is all awesome too. I got a baby-safe elephant, and it is the perfect size for taverling with. Also, she figured out I love cranes and made a beautiful crane purse. THe fabric is soooo pretty, and it is lined with wonderfully shimmery purple cloth. And last, but certainly not least, a blank nightlight! I wisted a make-your-own nightlight kit for my kiddo, and she granted that wish! And, I have the perfect paper to use. I was so excited when I saw it, I paused on opening the rest of the package!  Cheesy

But another fun day of mail. thnak you peihan.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009 05:04:55 PM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Craftastrophe
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009 11:32:57 AM »

Package #1

So here are pictures of the amazing package that I received from forcemajeure!!!

Something with my partner's favorite decorative animal: Etched sparrow coasters

Something related to favorite craft: 4th of July card and a cute little bag

Something my partner collects: makeup
Something always in my partner's purse: Natural Ice Cherry Chapstick

Something sentimental: Jellyfish art project made by my partner's son (sooo cute!!!)

Something edible: Mini-meals!  These are little polymer clay breakfast foods on buttons that look like tiny little plates.  They are so detailed!!!

Something with my partner's favorite character: Hello Kitty bracelet (HK just happens to be my fav. character too!!)

Favorite craft supply: Ribbon!!!

Wildcard item not on list: Trinket box!  I totally love it!!!

This beaded watched was included too!  It's so pretty!

The only thing not pictured is a magnet made out of botswana agate!  It's already on my fridge  Smiley.  I'll take a picture of i as soon as I go back home  Cheesy.

Thank you so so much!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009 09:49:34 AM by Craftastrophe » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009 08:56:58 PM »

Package #1

Here is my first package from the lovely and talented wonderwoman1979. Everything came in this pretty covered box that will end up holding my craft supplies.

2 skeins of all cotton yarn (feels so soft) and a handmade card

A handmade brag book to fill with pics of my little terror

The prettiest hair clips - I've worn them every day and ordered supplies to make more!

Random pile of goodies: tiny handmade cards, owl charm, bottlecap buddha pin, ribbon, ink pad, "handmade by" tags (which I have been wanting, and can't wait to sew into the dress I'm making Marley

More random goodies: More handmade cards (loving these, I've already mailed some out), a CD recorded by her hubby (it's beautiful) plus a limited edition numbered and signed print made by him. A journal (which was snagged up right away by my good friend)

A crocheted hat, which I LOVE! It's in 2 of my favorite colors and it keeps my head warm on cold nights!

Thanks, Diana! I'm working hard on your next package!

Package #2

I received my second package a week ago. As usual, I am late with posting pictures.

a hand covered journal and a book about altering your wardrobe. I can't wait to try out some of those ideas.

A very pretty memory/brag book.

Cashmere yarn! I've never had cashmere yarn before.

Fun stuff: star sequins, felt animal stickers, envelopes made from magazine pages, a tiny red buddha, 4 bottle cap resin pins/pendant, candle wax. There is also a hand sewn felt pouch with a sacred heart appliqued on it. I guess I forgot to take a picture of it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009 09:19:29 PM by dharma_rebel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009 10:27:46 AM »

i AM jealous!!! i just found out the NPH is having a baby..so i have been googling him like mad

the whole package was AWESOME though, and even if i have a biased favorite, i think i would have loved everything in it too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
texmexie
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009 09:27:27 AM »

posted pics of my awesome package in my revserved sopt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking"
                     *Jesus Culture*
Nymeria
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Captain of the S.S. Kill Beast Buffet

I do not like the cone of shame.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009 09:19:57 PM »

I got my lovely box! It's awesome!! For some reason like 4 of my pictures aren't uploading tonight, so I'll add more tomorrow, but I had to get the pictures up. Thank you, DesignVigilante!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

When I opened the box:

YES! Notebooks to help my disorganized self get organized!! LOVE the illustrations she did.  Kiss

Ramune: Greatest. Soda. EVER.

A beautiful tea mug with about a bajillion teas to try!!

She sent me a ton of awesome food like Pocky (everyone loves teh Pocky including my daughter who made QUICK work of it...), tempura batter, some coffee, some shortbread cookies that are addictive and awesome stuff. But I had to photo the mustard because as she knows from our conversations, I'm a mustard-aholic! Grin

More pictures to come, I promise, but I had to get these up to show everyone what an awesome job she did. Thank you SO much!!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009 07:58:44 PM by Nymeria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

For all things Black Library and WH 40k, check out my Examiner page!

Nerd girls of the world, unite!
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2009 12:56:04 AM »

Hahahaha. Your spot-reserving lolanimal pwns my spot-reserving lolanimal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009 07:54:09 AM »

I got my package from TerraBella01!!!  HOORAH! 

I feel spoiled!  Grin  I know there are a lot of pictures!  So I used the little ones (hopefully to take up less room!).

She also had everything wrapped up with ribbon so I have this great pile of ribbon to reuse at some point in my crafting!

Open the box to find......

2. Something edible - CHOCOLATE!  Always a winner!

12. Something local to your city/state/country - pictures!  These are pictures from her town and Indianapolis, IN.

13. Something you always keep in your purse - chapstick.

14. Something relating to your favorite hair accessory - hair ties!  I've killed several of these with my hair!  I always need new ones!

17. Something related to one of your favorite craft supplies - Inchie and ATC blanks/paper/supplies!  yay!

19. Something you collect that's non-craft related - freebies from conferences (I do the same thing at music conferences!)  Then she filled some of the tubes with goodies for making inchies and ATCs!  Hoorah!

20. Something drinkable - hot chocolate!  yummy!!  and she sent me mint flavored hot chocolate, one of my favorites!!

21. Something related to your non-craft hobbies - my partner  loves to read!  That makes two of us!

24. Something related to your favorite flower - Sunflower seeds that can be grown in a pot in my house or my classroom!

25. Freebie - Her favorite quick craft: Inchies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Secrets to the Perfect Burger
How to Shape a Burger
How to Extend the Life of Your Leftover Burgers with Bacon
A Bunless Burger You Can Try This Weekend!
Learn How to Make Hamburger Croissants
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...