A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 4: The Gallery  (Read 20967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009 09:22:23 AM »

Just to clarify, you do NOT have to reserve a spot. You can if you'd like, and you can link your post in your signature for everyone to see but it is not REQUIRED.

Package 1

I received a very heavy package from Nymeria on monday! Sorry for the late posting!

First, the heaviest part of the package was two books one on cooking and one on the art of cupcake decorating, her favorite not so crafty hobbies Grin

More supplies related to her cupcake hobby, including decorating tips + decorating bags, clear vanilla extract, and an angled spatula.

Things she keeps in her purse, which got dumped right into my purse!! Grin

Owl note cards and butterfly magnet, some of her favorite animals. Random little heart skull patch that she knew  I HAD to have even tho it doesn't really fit in any category lol and a cute little notebook.

Colorado postcards, from her state of course. I love post cards, especially from places ive never been. Smiley

Edible and drinkable items!! Delicious strawberry milk, hello kitty hard candy (that everyone keeps taking from me! Tongue), and asian style chili sauce to add to my condiment collection Grin

And finally, a very pretty scarf in her favorite colors of blue and green that reflects her personal style. I didn't know what to do with it at first so my instinct was to put it on my head!

Thanks so much Nymeria! You rock and i can't wait for package 2. Grin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009 11:11:18 AM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
princesspimp81
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009 11:48:04 AM »

I received my first package from the amazing MareMare, and I owe her a huge apology for not posting pics sooner!  Here's my goodies!

Something sentimental - A little card wallet made from the cover of one of her (and mine!) favorite books, Wicked.

A purse essential - A very pretty makeup bag!  You can't see it, but the liner has pretty cupcakes on it!

Favorite design - A flowered sewing machine organizer!

Summer essential - Soft blue headband

Smells good - Two lotions and four yummy lip glosses!

Something drinkable - Iced black tea.  Haven't tried it yet cuz I've been sick, but it sounds delicious!

Favorite color - Pretty pink cake slice pincushion!  I love these!  And pink is my favorite color too!

Made from paper - Adorable cards!

Favorite craft -  A bunch of delish soaps!  I've already go the almond joy in my bath!

Something she collects - Organizational stuff, which I collect too.  I can never have enough little boxes and bags lol

And as a bonus, she wrapped everything in pretty fabrics and bits of trim!  I love everything MareMare!

Here's Package 2!  Everything is super awesome!

Delicious Spiced Cranberry candle, one of her favorite smells Smiley

Wisty item, a fab half apron!  I love the colors and the fabric and the heart shaped pocket is awesome!

Five new craft supplies, loverly 1/3 yard cuts of yummy sweets fabric!  I love them all, but the yellow with the cupcakes is my favorite I think!  Can't wait to find fun uses for them all!

Her fave fabric and fave current craft, an amazing patchwork bag!  I love patchwork but don't usually have the time or patience to make it!  And the colors and fabric are amazing!

And this final bit made me chortle and screech with happiness, a needle felting kit!  I've so wanted to learn how to do this, but I've gone back and forth on whether to buy the supplies.  MareMare sent me all the stuff to get started, and the book includes info and instructions on how to do other kinds of felting too!  Super excited to try it out!

Thanks so much MareMare!  I love everything!

Ok I am a terrible partner lol  I would have sworn I posted pics of my amazing third package already, but obviously I didn't!  I'm so sorry MareMare!  Here are my goodies!

Amazingly beautiful button bag!  It's fab and I know it took forever!  I've already started carrying it!

I also got a super awesome birthday extra, the giant cupcake pan!  I've been obsessed with these for a long time and am super psyched to have one!

Thanks so much for being such a wonderful partner MareMare!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009 10:16:08 PM by princesspimp81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009 02:00:10 AM »

sorry to all of Team MissDisney....i was confused and thought you were SUPPOSED to reserve a gallery.

With that being said, because its not strictly against the rules, and because i like to be organized as i possibly can.......

*0* <<<--------- My SPOT hehe

PACKAGE ONE CHARMLING

i love EVERYTHING, and you can tell charming worked very hard on all of it....and the cookies are delicious hehe

PACKAGE ONE MOCHASEPTEMBER

I love everything, and i cant wait to try the chips! great job and i am really happy we are partners mocha

PACKAGE TWO CHARMLING

coming soon!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009 03:56:07 PM by MissDisney » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009 06:33:24 AM »

********** RESERVING OUR SPOT love2teach <---> Sherrie B, UT *************
WOW! Am I Spoilt!!!! Thank You 'Love2teach'

Look at all this STUFF!!!!!

Dishcloths! Yeah! I love making them & using them-PLUS a RAT Drink Coaster--this is KEWL BEANERS!

Stuffed Ice Cream Cone (the DH Cats thinks it's theirs!)-my MAF4 Partner loves Ice Cream.
Kleenex & Lip Balm Holder-This is so cool-I always make them from Crochet, but I love this Plus it already has tissue!
Crochet Acorn Yarn Holder & Yarn--Top quaity stuff this is & it's the PERFECT size to hold those little things I'm always working on for babies.
American Girl trading Card--Never knew those were so Popular(collectable)
Piglet pen & stamps (my partners fav character)
and a Hat pin from St Louis--home of the Cardinals!

This is a Chinese Takeout box FILLED with tea-I love tea & the creative presentation & the tea strainer attached is a wonderful touch!
then the lip balm for my new purse companion hehehehe

So I almost overlooked the little box in the bottom-picked it up & was completely GOBSMAKED!
She crochet me beautiful violets in earrings & a necklace. I had DH take a photo of me wearing them-but I'll wait & upload it when I do not look like the walking dead LOL
They are GORGEOUS! & the necklace not only looks great it fits without CHOKING---

Wow I am so Spoilt! THANK YOU AGAIN L2T
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009 11:34:41 PM by Sherrie B, UT » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009 12:37:57 PM »

Package 1:

I love love love everything that Goodtimegirl sent me!  I have already worn the shirt, the clips, and the necklace and have already used the scrubbie, eaten the chocolate and invited friends over to play the game.

Group Shot:

Her grandmother taught her to embroider and she embroidered this adorable owl (her favorite animal) onto a pink shirt for me.  I've already worn it and need to wash it so I can wear it again.  Cheesy

And she picked up this necklace at a local artist coop for me!  It is beautiful!  She is even starting to not dislike pink and the artist is making her one now too.  

I didn't get close ups of the others caus the camera batter died, but there is some Alexander Henry fabric that I have been drooling over for a LONG time, an awesome crocheted scrubbie, a beautiful card with corn (her favorite flower he he) and bookmark with Lincoln on it, bobby pins, a bracelet, some buttons, a board game, chocolates and a really awesome hand carved stamp!!

I love it all!!  Thank you so much!

Package 2:

I am such a bad partner, I got these goodies a long time ago and am just now posting pics.  But the package was super awesome!

A crochet kit with emphasis on Amigurumis!!!

There is tons of yarn, hooks, markers, TWO books, an apple with a worm ami and a magazine and I have already picked out a shawl I want to make.  I am so excited to start teaching myself!!

just look at this wristlet!  The fabric is so perfect and is all hand stitched!!  I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

Skinny Bitch the book which I have been wanting to look into (and suggest a lot of people do), a great project runway pattern which I want to make everything in it and a great book with really cute pictures and it such a pick me up.  I know why she has two copies, I look at it a lot.

an awesome polka dot throw in really awesome colors

These are hand dyed fat quarters (in my favorite color!) from the local artist co-op that she got me that BEAUTIFUL pink necklace (which I get tons of compliments on all the time)

my daughter already asked if I would use them in her quilt I promised to make her.

Thank you so much Saran!  I love everything!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009 10:14:19 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009 05:16:10 PM »

PACKAGE #1! from Persephone Hazard
I received this one on August 27, a day before my birthday! Good birthday present Cheesy

Here is the package when I first opened it. I love all the colors of the tissue paper Smiley The box looked like someone along the way had drop kicked it but amazingly everything was still in tact! Except for a yummy-smelling piece of soap Sad I think it perished sometime while traveling in this crazy hot Georgia weather.

Everything all together Smiley It's been a few days since I read all the little notes on everything so hopefully I can remember it all! Something sentimental: a copy of "Plotka Who" a zine with neat articles, photos and art. I'm thinking my partner may have something in it? I'm not sure because she didn't put her real name on the questionnaire for this swap Cheesy Something wearable: an AWESOME black cowl with a big pink button! I love it! Something drinkable: a tupperware-sized sampling of fancy coffee Smiley Favorite craft supplies: oodles and oodles of beads Smiley Something yarn-related: AMAZING crazy chunky art yarn in pinks and blacks! Favorite animal: kitty earrings! Something edible: yummy chocolate bars! Dark chocolate w/ ginger and milk chocolate. I'm forgetting the other categories she fulfilled now, but also included were silver bangles, wicked fake eyelashes, a kitty-in-a-wig pin, a polymer clay cupcake, another pair of earrings, a coaster made of perler beads, a wooden embroidery hoop (have been needing one desperately) and the "Pinups and Panthers" embroidery set from Sublime!

Close-up of the awesome yarn!

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009 07:39:48 PM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009 09:57:55 PM »

Third package from millik!

I received a tiny yellow elephant incense burner, which is adorable but didn't make it into the photos.  My store sells incense and it's been a long time since I burned some, so I am going to buy some tomorrow!

I also received a bunch of coloring pages for my daughter and I to color, which I didn't take a photo of because there are TONS of them!  But they are all super cute and we've already colored many of them.  Wink

The things I did take photos of, however, are what you really want to see anyway since millik made them.

I was astounded when I opened this package!  Not only did I get spoiled, but the things she made me are BEAUTIFULLY made.  Wow.

First of all, this awesome robot pillow. 

OK, so that's really the back.  The front looks like this:

EMBROIDERED ROBOT!  I love robots, and this is the most adorable pillow I've ever owned, hands down.  Smiley

Speaking of embroidery, I also received a beautiful, and I mean BEAUTIFUL, wall hanging:

I love this mermaid!  Another craftster had made a wallet with this embroidered on it for one of the OTT swaps, and I had wisted it.  Well, it was the mermaid that I wanted, not the wallet, and now I have a way to display it in my home.  It is so nicely done, and I love the real seashells sewn onto it.  Here's a bit of a closer shot (not much closer, I'm afraid):

Thank you so much, millik.  I am so glad to be friends with you and I can't wait to meet you in person in November!  This was a fun swap and I hope you love everything you received as much as I adore what you sent me.  Smiley  <3

Second package from millik!  

She sent me some awesome spinning stuff.  Dyed roving, white roving, and instructions!

There was also dye, which didn't make it into that last photo... and two adorable scrabble tile pendants that millik made, and little hand wet-felted beads!  Smiley

This adorable little boxy pouch, which was filled with stickers!  Smiley

And two of these rockin' posters for Riley and me to color!  Cheesy

Thanks millik!  It's all awesome.  Wink

OK!  Here's my lovely first package from my awesome partner, millik!  Cheesy

Everything:

SCCSG (Super Cool Cross Stitched Goodies):  

Her favorite holiday in cross stitch form (a zoooommmbiiiieeeeeeee - Halloween), and something relating to her favorite craft supply - this awesome cross stitched teeny weeny quilt!  She made the pattern and used rockin' fabrics for the rest of it.  So, you know, rad fabrics and cross stitch.  Smiley

IAETMJFOOHCL (In An Effort To Make Jeni Fall Off Of Her Couch Laughing)... something relating to her non-craft hobbies, wasting time on the internet.  Millik made me these hilarious "Postcards from the Internet" with various virals on them.  And did I mention that they're hand-drawn?  Rock out with your... cardboard and pen out. :

PCG (Paper Crafted Goodies) - OK, so I kind of had to lump these all into this pic because I was running out of space on my memory card:

There's an awesome notepad made from recycled manilla envelopes (used in actual shipping!!!!!) with a quote from a song by her favorite band!  And better yet, the song is about the DIY scene.  Wink

There is also a bundle of zines, something she collects.  I haven't had enough time yet to read all of them, but I'm really excited to be able to!

Aaaand... a card game, something made out of or with paper.  Can't wait to play this with my hubby when he gets home from Jiu Jitsu!

A summer essential, strawberries... made of felt (these are super cute and really soft and were originally in that red gingham bag with the ladybug sticker HELLO THAT IS AWESOME OK):

Lots of other stuff in the next photo:

Something local - postcards of kitty and Paul Bunyan and Babe.

Something she thinks smells good - there used to be soap but it's now in my bathroom and I have to concur, it smells fantastic... the little tag in between the postcards was on the soap.

Something from her favorite store - the little bottle cap magnets.  One has a cute smiling daisy and one has an elephant.  Made with resin.  Smiley

Something from her favorite video game - bags of bells from Animal Crossing (!!!).

Something edible - Asian chocolate/cookie tree trunks - very tasty, by the way.  Also, she included this cute cartoon-y pin with the Hostess cupcake on it.  Clever!

And extra stickers, made by her lovely girlfriend Tiffany!  My daughter stole these immediately after the photo shoot was over.  Grin  

AAANNNDDD...  last but most certainly not least is something with her favorite animal on it, which she knitted on a loom; Mortimer Cat - Reluctant Superhero, who has since been confiscated but can be seen better in the first picture above:

Just to clarify, the cat is her "favorite" animal.  Wink  Millik is a lover of all animals, but the feline is the one she feels most connected to!  That's not to say that she doesn't just ADORE Mortimer, but the generic "cat" is her most cherished of our animal friends.

And here's his cape:

Thank you, millik!  As I've already told you, I love every single item.  You are far too creative and funny for your own good.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009 02:03:01 PM by Jenicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009 10:23:30 PM »

Package 1

Woot! I received my first package, and it is amazing! A couple times as I was opening things I once again thought "hmm, princesspimp81 and I must be twins that were separated at birth!"  But our birthdays are 6 days apart, she is nearly a whole week older than me!   Grin

Everything wrapped up all pretty and labeled! Can you believe my self-control in taking a pic before ripping into everything? Quite proud of myself really!

Something to make Miss Disney jealous. Or maybe Favorite Character
Neil Patrick Harris and crew from How I Met Your Mother! The best decorated box ever! There are awesome quotes all around the outside too! I love how she highlighted Robin  when she was a Canadian pop princess!

Something that smells good. She loves baked goods smells, and here are perfumes in creme brulee and choc peanut butter! Packaged in a crocheted ding-dong!

Favorite Game! Yay for goomba! And his star! This is so cute, and I'm sure the pic can't show how well made they are! I loves me some Mario too!

Favorite Holiday! OMG, this cracks me up!

Candy Corn earrings, hat, hot pad and adorable bag made with sequined material, fur material, and vinyl (?) I think!

Favorite Flower. Awesome crochet hook roll! Flower on the front, plus she said the colors are like her favorite flower! This is so well designed, best hook roll ever!

Related to Reading. We are both big book junkies, and like a ton of similar books and authors! These are really clever corner bookmarks, packaged in a crocheted cupcake bag! nom nom!

Related to Crafting. princesspimp81's main crafts are crochet and sewing....she combines them here with an awesome crocheted pin cushion (stem part) with a container thing in the top, and the whole thing looks like a mushroom, reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland! Plus button goodness! And Candy! There may have been more candy to start with.

Sentimental. One of her first crafts was sand art in bottles!! These earrings are filled with beads, but layered like sand art and packaged in a cute little bag. This made me go !!! because that was one of my first crafts too! I would make my parents take me downtown to Portland Saturday Market to buy supplies from the sand art guy down there!

Something edible! Delicious oatmeal white chocolate cookies! So glad I finished dinner before opening my package, I felt no guilt in eating two of these for dessert!

Something made with paper. Recipes for baked goodies in adorable pink notebook! My co-workers will be enjoying some Cinnamon Toast Cupcakes soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package 2

Everything was wrapped up all lovely again, but I didn't have the patience for a pic this time! Actually I had to wait 2 days to take pictures beacuse I needed camera batteries!

Ok, I forgot the category for this (aka my nephew's "helped" me unwrap things and labels may have gotten eaten/misplaced), but I am going to guess "Favorite Craft" since I know princesspimp81 loves to make these cake boxes (and I love to receive them)! She can correct me as to the actual category lol. Filled with delicious Ghiradelli chocolate squares that are currently living in the fridge, but got to come out for pics!

Wisty surprise~A Zelda Scarf! Super great green scarf (my fave color!) with a triforce on each end! I Love it!

Craft kit~Loom Knitting! I told her how much I love knit items but knitting needles give me rage. 4 different looms and 4 pamphlets! Plus yummy soft chenille yarn!

Favorite Song~ "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants. Adorable birdhouse with decopouged pics and song lyrics! There is also a really cute night light, but it is needing to be glued, dang nephews struck again. (It's an easy fix, they just pulled the front off from the base). They LOVED this package the most!

Favorite Book~ The Handmaid's Tale. I love this book but have only read it once and am so happy to add it to my collection! I am a big re-reader! If you haven't read it, you need to! Margaret Atwood also has some amazing short stories that you should search out!

Birthday Bonus! My bday is coming up and she crocheted me the cutest little gal....Lea the Leo!  Grin

Thank you hon for another awesome package!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Package 3

I received my third package from princesspimp81!  She sent me an awesome purse! She crocheted a purse that is like a sewn one on my wists....I immediately recognized it! The yarn is really pretty and soft!

Front

Back

and.... a matching coin purse!

I got even more spoiled, a make-up bag with awesome pink goodies. I <3 pink! Lip balm, nail clippers, nail file, and nail polish!

And some yummy Halloween candy. There was more to start with, but my friend and I have already made quite a bit of it disappear!

Thanks princesspimp81! I've loved swapping with you! I hope you love your third package too!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009 04:36:49 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
goodtimegirl
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009 01:16:21 PM »

Package 1!!

I'm sosooso sorry MommyTheMaid. I really thought I posted these. I tend to think I post pictures and not actually do it. I'm flighty.

The packages all lined up together...

My instructions...

Attached to this was a bag of orange slices. I ate while I read and opened. Little did MommyTheMaid know, orange slices are one of my hubby's favorites...so he polished off the rest of the bag.

A trash bag for my car in her favorite craft supply, fabric, and reusable snack bags with her favorite flower.

Something made of paper demonstrating her love of scrapbooking and my love of my puppers.

Gratuitous puppy shot...

Something made of yarn. This guy is so incredibly adorable!! I've used him a few times and every time someone has commented on him.

Something drinkable (and delish), favorite tea. Something from her favorite store, Hello Kitty candy from Cost Plus. Summer essentials: recipes, jello and cookie cutter (chosen by her darling daughter).

Something that smells good--soap, which I've used nearly every day. Smells so good. And something she never leaves home without...Burt's Bees lip balm, which I'm addicted to.

Extra fun...I'm an English teacher and love to read...and drink. So this is perfect.

A group shot...notice that monkey. He just has to be the center of attention.

Ugh. So, mommythemaid linked to photos of the package she sent me, but I had to post these, as she sent an awesome package!! Seriously. I didn't get to it sooner, as I've been laid up on the couch with a toothache. Apparently, I had some sort of infection in my gums and have to get a root canal. Exciting, huh?

But, this package lessened the blow!! The hubbs and I are getting ready to paint our living room turquoise and white, so these are PERFECT!!

I love the red in the branch! It looks so pretty with the colors! I feel like my pictures aren't doing these justice.

All three together:

And a teaser...this is the yarn I'm using with mommythemaid's final package:

It's pink, not orange...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009 04:36:51 PM by goodtimegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009 10:05:14 AM »

Oh god damn it, I wasn't going to reserve a post but now I feel left out. So I guess I'll join the cool kids [grin]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Posie Graeme-Evans
Meet Author Anne Easter Smith
Rebel Angels Book Trailer
Unpretty Book Trailer
My Little Red Fire Truck Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...