A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,943
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 4: The Gallery  (Read 20961 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2009 10:14:46 AM »

Glad your back and safe! sorry I havent been getting back to your emails promtly enough. Crazy things in good ways over here. ^.^  And Alexander is a handful. he already stole something out of package 3. so since he claimed it Im making a new one. ^.^

i understand - good crazy things are a great excuse! especially when it includes troublesome little klepto kitties!

i'm still tired and really out of it - i'm hoping a quiet day today while hiding in my house will help me get back to normal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

my wist http://wists.com/savagepixie
peihan17
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2009 03:53:49 PM »

I received from stellato_escuro on Friday!  It was totally unexpected, because I mistakenly gave her a slightly wrong address (7703 instead of 7033), and we were so sad, thinking that it was going all the way back to her.  But it turns out that the post office figured it out, and got it to me anyway!  Amazing.  I take back all the bad things I've ever said about the PO.  So anyway, here are my long-awaited goodies, because I have an awesome partner!  I had to take four pictures of it all, because it was a full box!

First, food!  Kettle corn and kool-aid Smiley  I threatened my husband with making both for dinner Smiley  We didn't, but we did have the kettle corn, which was so good.  The kool-aid is all mine though!  She wrote her note to me on a gorgeous flower notecard, which is definitely getting saved... to pretty to just throw away!  And a postcard of a visitor's center in Yellowstone- been there once, and going again in October!

Then, because I love beads, a little string bag packed with beads!  Pearls, clasps, and even a little glass bird that you can't see very well Smiley  I love beads of all kinds and this is perfect.  Also, because I've fallen prey to the cuteness of amigurumi, eyes for them!  All kinds of eyes.  They're such a pain to find that I actually just order them from etsy  Tongue

This is the big one- a kit to learn how to needle felt!  A BIG kit, too.  Complete with not only materials, but also a book on how to do it!  Definitely my next craft to learn.  I don't know any fiber crafts, but now I will  Grin  It's awesome.  My husband just likes the sharp needles  Roll Eyes

Last, but not least, a huge piece of beautiful lace fabric.  I don't know what to do with it yet, but it's so pretty that I might just leave it out to look at for a while.  Thank you so much- I gotta work extra hard on package 3 for you!  You are amazing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2009 04:55:15 PM »

I received my package from TerraBella01 sometime earlier this week while I was in Atlanta visiting my other half.  You can imagine my excitement to be opening it when I got home to Charlotte!!!  I totally got spoiled!  Its great!

Opening the box!  Yarn!  Oh goody!!!

The yarn is bamboo yarn.  I've never used bamboo yarn before and I was commenting on another swap about various kinds of fibers I've worked with or would like to work with just the other day.  Now I have bamboo yarn to play with!  Cheesy

The whole sha-bang!

Tea bags and my how-to kit.   Cheesy  Cross-stitch!  Its been YEARS since I've done any cross-stitch so I'm looking forward to playing with this!

Fantastical ocean themed picture frame!  She said I could change the picture in it but since I never see the beach I do believe I'll be leaving this picture in there.  I love it!

Its an ATC collection book!  I love it and here are some of the pages from it!

I love it all!  There's also a fantastic chocolate bar that she sent me.  Dark Chocolate and Blueberries!  YUMMY!  Blueberries are her summer essential where mine is tomatoes.  And she sent me a jar of safety pins that used to be her grandmother's to use when I start basting my t-shirt quilt together!

I love the whole package!  Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2009 11:35:13 AM »

So much cool stuff! That bamboo yarn looks sooo soft. Smiley

I got a really great package of beading supplies from Jenicat last week... check it out!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=309002.msg3591535#msg3591535
THIS ROCKS   Logged

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2009 02:08:08 PM »

wow - everything is looking amazing!

love that beading set - looks like tons of fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2009 07:15:20 AM »

Peihan, I am so happy you love your stuff. The felting kit was the part I have been excited for since I got your survey!

Everyone is getting such fun boxes on here...this swap rules!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
theballandskein
Love personal swaps!!!!!

If Crafting didn't exist ....I'd be really bored!!

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2009 07:44:15 AM »

Jessarama did it again sent a awesome package that I soooooo love  Grin

PACKAGE 2

she sent a resin kit that I have been dying to get my hands on but never go buy myself cause I always hit the fabric section first and ummm well ....I just never get to the resin section...

Next is the resin Jewellery she made and fun shapes that I will turn into magnets...My 13 year old soo wants the necklace so I am going to let her have it Jessie it is so her i have to say... But the earrings are mine I have to keep them they are so wicked

Then the choclate and cookies garlore... she also sent a chocolate covered cookie bar but I opened it on my lunch break and lets just say it didn't make it home...

thanks so much Jessie you Rock my Casba.........

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009 07:46:32 AM by theballandskein » THIS ROCKS   Logged

savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2009 10:45:20 AM »

alright! here is package 2 from tavernkitty. (wasn't able to post last night - i came home late to a bunch of men playing video games in my living room - last part of a bachelor party, haha. so i had to join!)

first off, everything is freaking amazing. should you be jealous? definitely.
tavernkitty is such an awesome swap partner - it's like we've known each other for years. (seriously, we have purchased things for each other that are very similar - check out the yarn! haha.)

on to the pictures!!!

first, here is a how to crochet kit (because i want to learn!!!), and ocarina necklace, 3 handmade catnip filled fishies for my cats and some journals.
the cats love the toys! the catnip was so fresh that the second i hope the box my Echo went insane and tried to dig through the box! haha.

some awesome fabric

a handmade crochet roll with 2 hooks, some postcards, awesome buttons! (i LOVE THESE!!! i actually have these and i was looking for more the other day - tavernkitty can read minds!)
a sweet handmade felt pin with a cute little snail! (am i gushing? haha.) floss bobbins, and a courduroy zippered pouch with mushrooms embroidered on it.

the scarf has a Vampire Knight applique - she put lots of work into it - its beautiful. some yarn of my favorite brand - malabrigo. (i actually sent her some Malabrigo as well, just in a different color.) and a great magnet made by her gf - a housewife with a flamethrower!
(now my husband is looking for a flamethrower for me! yay!)

better picture of the yarn, because its beautiful

and here is a bonus pic one of my girls - this is Wednesday going all bonkers for the pink fishy!

sorry for the massive post - but it deserves it!

thanks tavernkitty! you rock!!![/color]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2009 11:46:58 AM »

That's an awesome package you got there, savage! Love the crochet kit and the hook roll. And the cat nip toys are just funny lol Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
savage pixie

will sew for shoes

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2009 12:46:46 PM »

yea, everything is awesome.
(and i have to refrain from ripping open the crochet kit   Sad if i do, we'll be late tonight, haha.)

and the catnip toys are awesome. she has a talent for working with small things - they are beautifully done.
i would have loved to get closer pics, but i was fighting just to keep the 3 of them away from the table while i was taking these pictures.
(must be the fresh catnip!)

oh and also, funny that she sent these...will have to wait for package 3, but great minds think alike, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Sexy Waves with a Ceramic Hair Flat Iron
How to Get Silky Smooth Straight Hair
How to Care for Your Flat Iron
How to prepare your hair for styling
How to Curl Hair With Straightener
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...