A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hollywood movie theme in the park??  (Read 941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 12, 2009 10:48:53 AM »

my daughter will be turning 11. she wants a hollywood themed party at the local park.

we have a great idea for the invites and know how to do the red carpet. will have lots of photo ops of course.

but other than that I am at a loss  can anyone help me figure what else to do.
what games?  what food?  what ever  extra

we also thought to make a "walk of fame star"  for each kid with their name on it for them to take home at the end of the day.
also we have a VERY  limited budget to work with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009 10:21:25 AM »

I made a comment for a drive-in party that you can pick up movie posters and trailer reels (to use as streamers) from your local movie theater for free.  Here's what I said there:  Go on an off day (Tuesday or Wednesday would be best) and ask the manager for any children's movie posters they might have.  If you get enough, you can easily give these away as favors later.  While you are at the movie theater, also ask if they have any leftover trailer reels.  Most likely they have tons collecting dust, but only take one!  They are only like 4 inches in diameter when rolled up, but they will provide you with hundreds of feet of film negatives to use instead of streamers. 
When I had an Oscars party once I made a toy Oscar out of a Ken doll spray painted gold, holding a golden plastic sword, and glued to a gold tuna can.  It looked perfect in all the photos.
You can make the cake look like a clapboard with your daughter's birthday info on it.
I'm a huge fan of traditional party games like pinatas, pin-the-tail, and 3-legged races.  Just spin those into Hollywood themes and they'll be perfect, especially for the park.  Try a film reel pinata (just squash it as it dries), pin-the-face-on-the-actor (you could even have multiple headless actors and multiple faces for more fun), and a stuntman's 3-legged race with obstacles to avoid (like they'd have to jump over a bucket of water and go around a present), for instance.
For food, you can serve pizza pre-cut with the wedges forming stars (5 slices per platter).  Or movie-themed foods: snap peas & carrot sticks from Forrest Gump, marshmallows (or Rice Krispie treats) from Ghostbusters, etc.  Or have it in the afternoon and just serve popcorn and soda and dollar-store candy boxes.  You can make the popcorn at home (put a handful of kernels in a paper sack and microwave for normal popcorn time, to really save money) and bring a variety of toppings (cinnamon, butter flavoring, Johnny's, cocoa powder, cheese, etc.).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009 02:14:32 PM »

love the sack race idea  and the cake idea.  you are so smart!!  popcorn in a  paper bag  really.....mmmm gotta try that!   oh and the star idea (from pizza)    man you have a great head on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
zenthistle
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009 02:08:04 PM »

HAve them were movie star costume.. provide sunglasses... or have them  design some out of poster board.. and  glittler glue..      if you can make a movie and post on  privet video share sight like VImeo for them all to view later.. Smiley      have them sign auto Graph books  (they can make those too.. and do interviews!_)  Like what would you take with you on a deserted island..   Whos you BFF.. silly stuff..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jamie Greenberg Sits Down with Skin Guru Dr. Lancer
Guy Attempts to Follow a Smokey Eyes Makeup Tutorial
Blogger Explains Her Nude Photo Shoot For The Be Beautiful Project
Beauty Tips for Older Women
Beauty Treatments Straight from the Beach
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...