A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: READY FOR SUMMER! [4 shirts, 1 dress, 1 skirt]  (Read 8959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

6iggle

art. fashion. love.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2009 02:38:05 PM »

I havent posted here in AGESSSS, and I'm sorry.
BUT! I am back with new surgeries Cheesy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >8        <= i came up with that last night. "cut along the dotted lines" GET IT AHAHHA! ahem. anyways....

ONWARDS!

i made thissss..

from..
before: brand new top my mom bought for me. i didnt like it though, it didnt fit well, but it was ON SALE! the entire thing is light blue, but one of the arm sleeves was white. aaaaand cue dirty-mirror-pic

after: i first cut off those awful sleeves! used the white sleeve to contour the upper bust, and twisted it in the middle, tied it with cute beige lace and white ribbon. then took in the sides to make it more flattering. i almost chopped off the design on the shirt lol. then took some scraps and turned it into halter straps. i love that it hugs curves, but you can still breath!! (wouldnt want the wear-er to die!!  Shocked)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >8  

before: one of my favourite pants, but alas... i am a big girl now. it is too short and no longer zips up! [censored because my undies was showing]  Embarrassed its a light material, dont know what it's called though. there are neat seam lines running up the leg, which i loved.

after: cut off the top half of the pants and worked soley with the leg-part of the pants.
sewed everything together and since the pants were fitted, it SURPRISINGLY also fit amazingly waist and hip curves! at the bottom of the pants, it had decorative lace, i took advantage of that and used it to tie straps. this shirt is only 1 strap though, but its with super cute cowboy fabric i got in the remnant bin!  Grin the strap is adjustable too! hence the little peice hanging off. the top and bottom ends of the shirt are just serged.

]

before: my little sister's camo pants. she's at the age where they go through a pair of pants a month. GEEZ growth spurt! slooow downn!  its annoying for my mom, but its okay-  because i get more clothes to cut up!  Grin

after: my parents recently bought me a brand new serger as a first-year-of-university-grad-present! WOOHOO. i never get grad presents, but i guess it all paid off  Tongue i had so much fun with the serger on this project (you can tell right? Tongue) i dont know what else to say about it. i cut out a bunch of rectangles, triangles and serged it all together! then added a peice of black fabric waistband. i added a pocket from the original pants on the right hand side, a bow on the bottom left. and the back pockets of the original pants were saved! the skirt is about knee-length but its pretty big around the waist for me though, so im trying to find it a new home!

before: your typical HUMUNGO gray tshirt. i think its a size XXXL. super comfy! but super un-flattering  Lips sealed

after: BUT HAVE NO FEAR! i gave it a better, more fulfilling life  Tongue cut it at 2/3 from the top to make the bust. added houndstooth yolk/bib (ONSALE! regular: 29.99 a meter, now 5$!!) then decorated with lace and some scraps of gray.
i fitted the body by folding over some parts and sewing it, giving it this AMAZING drape. its SO flattering front AND back  Grin (yeah im really proud of this one hehehe) afterwards, i felt like it needed something more, but i wasnt sure.. so i added a bow (and made it detachable!)

woohoo. its so super comfy. i couldnt stop dancing/ taking pics of it.

before: sorry no before picture! i swear i took one, but it vanished. it was a pinstriped mens t-shirt with a design on the bottom corner

after: took in the sides to make it more flattering, added straps with my favourite kind of lace. straps go to a V in the back.. then i added lace/ribbon to contour bottom of bust.

before: little sister's shirt that she barely wore. the focus is a golden coloured star on gray tshirt fabric. sleeves are pink stripes!

after: i dont like love sleeves, so i chopped them up and turned them into straps. of course the shirt didnt fit me, so i added 2 side panels and 1 back panel with the sleeve fabric. (its amazing how much fabric you can get if you plan ahead!) lol

ahhh, an amazing start to summer <3 it feels good to be back and sewing.

sorry for flooding your computers with pics Tongue

please comment & critique!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009 08:20:20 AM by 6iggle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

----------- >8

✯My Etsy!✯  www.iiiNa.etsy.com

✯My Blog!✯  www.PiiiNaColada.blogspot.com

✯My Wists!✯   www.wists.com/paulinaa
rainbowfeathers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009 02:55:45 PM »

That dress is so so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sketchbook Project 2012:
It's summer where you are
ysmeine
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009 03:17:07 PM »

You did a great job with those recons. I loved seeing them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just_webby
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009 03:27:52 PM »

These are great! I love the shirts and that skirt is too cute! I'd totally buy some of these if I saw them in the store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009 03:45:48 PM »

I would TOTALLY snatch up a dress like that.. it's wisted
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TallullahBelle

that girl from the fabric shop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009 04:00:01 PM »

Wow. They're all really great and so cute Smiley

Totally amazed by the t-shirt to dress. something so sweet from something so.... square!

Pinstripe top is my favourite, very sexy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Start every week with a break-neck urgent design" - Alanis Morissette: Purgatorying.
moxiepurple
Star Stealer

Meow...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009 04:47:52 PM »

I really like the camo skirt, pinstripe tank, and star tank. Those are pretty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am up for a personal swap!
Boo_its_Brittany
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009 05:10:40 PM »

I love the dress and the skirt Cheesy!
Its all awesome
<3!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See something you like? Check out my shop!
www.facebook.com/FrillsandChills (Don't forget to "like" Cheesy!)
www.etsy.com/shop/FrillsandChills
*custom orders welcome!*
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009 05:39:40 PM »

wow your work is amazing and I love how you did the camo skirt Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
ari-

[ n . g o o d b y e ] εз

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009 08:04:21 PM »

Amazing! Love love love loveee that gray dress! *3*
So the yoke was a separate piece? haha now I want something like thisss!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Get Your Hair Looking Beautiful
How To Do Halloween Hair
The Monday Makeover - The Braided Updo Tutorial
Straight Hair Without a Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...