A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 19 (closed) (send by July 20)  (Read 17377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009 01:44:23 PM »

Hey everyone,
I like the plastic storage bag thingy.  And those necklaces are georgus.  I was thinking of doing Coffee/Tea cozy you know like when you get a cup of coffee or tea at the gas station and you get those card board rings to put on it so you don't burn you hands. 

Any one interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luckdragon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009 04:43:58 PM »

Yes, I like the coffee cozy idea.  I was just looking at those.
And, yes, it's summer, but I'd love fingerless mitts...or knitted headbands as another idea.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009 07:03:05 AM by luckdragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
rockmygypsysoul

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009 04:56:01 PM »

This sounds like such a cool swap but it's different to most of the swaps I sign up for which are relatively stress free.  Making five things is a lot and my biggest fear would be that nobody would want what I crafted.  The only things I can think of are fingerless mitts (wrong time of year!) and tote bags but as I have a pathetic fabric stash I'd be spending a fortune on fabric.  I suppose it's something to bear in mind for the future though.

Honestly, Ive always found this swap to be WAY less stressful than other swaps - you can make your stuff as soon as you decide what to make and theres no catering to one persons tastes or finding out your partner is wanting something you have NO skills with, etc.  I mean, I love normal swaps, but thats why this one is perfect for me when Im controlling stress - I can start crafting now, theyre supposed to be pretty small/medium items, and Ill be long-done by the time we get partners and then just make one quick post office trip and in return get lots of super-cool stuff! 

Just trying to provide you with someone else's perspective   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009 02:34:50 AM »

This sounds like such a cool swap but it's different to most of the swaps I sign up for which are relatively stress free.  Making five things is a lot and my biggest fear would be that nobody would want what I crafted.  The only things I can think of are fingerless mitts (wrong time of year!) and tote bags but as I have a pathetic fabric stash I'd be spending a fortune on fabric.  I suppose it's something to bear in mind for the future though.

Honestly, Ive always found this swap to be WAY less stressful than other swaps - you can make your stuff as soon as you decide what to make and theres no catering to one persons tastes or finding out your partner is wanting something you have NO skills with, etc.  I mean, I love normal swaps, but thats why this one is perfect for me when Im controlling stress - I can start crafting now, theyre supposed to be pretty small/medium items, and Ill be long-done by the time we get partners and then just make one quick post office trip and in return get lots of super-cool stuff! 

Just trying to provide you with someone else's perspective   Wink

I think so too ^^
You can just start and don't worry about specific things. I like it ^^
I have been making some clips during my break (have to decorate them later)
If I am finished I'll post a picture Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009 03:40:51 AM »

Just chiming in with the less stress then normal swaps agreement! No difficulty in finding items, I can go from stash if I need to, and everyone knows what they are getting before it arrives!

Unfortunately, I'm sitting this one out. Multiple partner shipping is out of my budget for the moment. But as usual, I'm here to stalk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009 10:17:16 AM »

oooh Crochet hook pouches would be nice ! I only have 4 but I keep loosing them Cheesy

oh btw, I found an example of the hairclips I intend to do (other designs as well, but just so you get the picture)
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4310/s5004009.jpg
I thought about: cupcake - bow - butterfly - flowers - dots ? (or maybe 10 but then you have to give me some ideas for themes Cheesy)
2 or 3 per person (or isn't that enough?)
I have many felt colours(well let's say more then red/white and pink) so maybe I'll do requests in stead of you choosing... i dunno

Riechan asked this question and I am looking for opinions because I don't want to be the only one answering this.  Do you think 2 clips are enough?

And for other people, please feel free to post your swap ideas and see what other people think.  We would love to have more people in the swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
psoupdesigns
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009 02:19:25 PM »

I think 3-4 hair clips is better. A set of 2 clips normally sells for around $4-5 and aren't we aiming for between 7-10 dollars for this swap?

I am thinking about doing a reusable sandwich wrap. I have to make up a prototype first to see how hard they are to make and how much fabric they use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009 02:48:49 PM »

I think 3-4 hair clips is better. A set of 2 clips normally sells for around $4-5 and aren't we aiming for between 7-10 dollars for this swap?

I am thinking about doing a reusable sandwich wrap. I have to make up a prototype first to see how hard they are to make and how much fabric they use.

OKay ^^ anyone else an opinion? (ooh cool sandwich wrappers)
I think I'll do sets of 2 and than 1 that springs out Cheesy (or maybe 2 sets of 2)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cyndiq
i am aka sewsweet08 on yt come say hi

aussie craftster

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009 03:20:02 PM »

i think 1 -2 pair sets is fine or 1 set  and a barette is that what you mean bysprings out. depends on how much time the clips take. if they are just glueing stuff on then 2 sets is better but if you are making the item to glue on that takes time too.
hairpins are cute with things. i think in other rounds early on i got a set of 3 pairs of decorated hairpins, either beaded or glued on things like buttons or embroidery bits. they would post a lot flatter too
how are you posting so they dont break? a cdmailer would work well if you can get them cheap at your office supply store or if y ou could buy one and make copies by hand out of recycled cardboard.
i am not sure what to make.
i just worked out how to make crowns lol so many projects on the go here.
do many people have girls who would like a crown?

satin embroidered
cyndi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009 03:59:42 PM »

I was thinking 3 or 4 on the hair clips as well.  Like Cyndiq said, maybe a pair plus a barrette or 2 pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Hair With Hollie: Anne Hathaway Short Hair
How To Rock The Heidi Roll Style This Spring
How To Make A Beaded Wedding Hair Accessory
How to Get a Kiera Knightly-Inspired Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...