A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,172
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handspun Yarn & Fiber Swap Round 2 GALLERY  (Read 15807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2009 03:21:31 PM »

Let us know how it goes! Sounds great.

I spun up all of the Mermaid Song batt from the noodle princess last night. I couldn't believe how fast I got through it all! I've decided that it's too pretty to not have tons of, so I'm going to ply it with some bamboo I'm spinning up. I think the cream on blue/green/brown & all the other bits of color will really look nice with eachother. I've decided I'm definitely weaving with it. It will be SO gorgeous as a funky scarf or a little runner for my decorative trinket shelf.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2009 07:51:03 PM »

Oooo, I really want to see the mermaid batt spun up- that was one of my favorites in the gallery.  Smiley

Speaking of awesome fiber, I just finished spinning 2 of the sweet rovings from Nesse. I now have two terrific art yarns I can't wait to use! Am ready to collapse into bed, so I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. I now have all 4 of my bobbins full- a first!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfThieves
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2009 07:48:57 AM »

Yay, time for me to post pictures, too! I love the stuff I got and can't wait to spin this stuff up! Feverdream made some really awesome fiber combos based on my love of all things lolita fashion and also included some seriously dreamy fiber.

Everything out of the box. There may have also been come chocolates in there, but, um, my boyfriend and I wouldn't know anything about any really really yummy chocolates that may or may not have disappeared within minutes of opening the box... >.>

Close-ups of my two favorites.

Everything out of the packages. Those milk protein rolags had my friends oohing and aahing all night. Where can I get more???

My medium item was a pair of hand knit spats. How awesome are those??? And those buttons! Man, these are so cool, I can't wait to wear them (esp. to work!).

Thanks feverdream, you were totally awesome! ^.^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2009 10:36:48 AM »

Wow! I love those purprles! & Those arm warmers! All the bright colors are fantastic.

LOL about the chocolate. I totally scarfed down so much junk last night. No judgements here.

So this is random and off topic, but I was looking at a design blog and found an interesting wool "chair". Thought you guys would think it was different too. Smiley http://mocoloco.com/archives/010519.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2009 01:43:03 PM »

ohh.... awesome stuff. It's very cool that people are spinning up their yarn.  It's a little harder for me now that I'm commuting ... I'm not quite up to spinning on the train *grin*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
feverdream
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2009 02:32:56 PM »

QueenOfThieves - Those 2 were my favorite batts too! Especially the one on the left. Milk protein is really expensive, but I found it on etsy. It was easy to dye, just like dying wool. I have never felt anything softer before. It's actually supposed to be good for your skin somehow too. I'm glad you liked your package! I will have pictures of your package to me up this evening. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy shop!
My wists
"the best part about life is knowing that you put it together yourself." -trent reznor
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #206 on: July 29, 2009 05:52:56 AM »

I spun up the roving Lissa sent me (super thin and then chain plied ... it is still lace weight yarn)

Now to find my camera ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #207 on: July 29, 2009 06:16:32 AM »

I spun up 2 more bobbins yesterday. I'm on a roll! And my consistency is greatly improving. And I washed the 4 I had on my bobbins. They are hanging to dry- I'll try to get pics up soon. I love them all!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

weet!
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2009 03:38:08 PM »

Embarrassed i feel really bad..i received quite awhile ago and took pictures but then put off posting til the next day then totally forgot!
but i had a really great swap with Nesse! we talked quite a lot and apparently we like ALL the same things when it comes to yarn so it was an easy swap too (just picked out everything that i like hehe), and i received a great package. oh and Nesse made me a magic yarn ball but i didnt have a camera around when i opened the package and there as no way i was waiting so i dont have a before picture Roll Eyes

so the plan was for her to send me 4oz fiber and 3oz yarn but i think she went a bit over! im not upset though..its all hand pulled roving (which ive never had the chance to try before so it should be fun!). i also said that alpaca and cormo are my fav animal fibers and thats definitely what i got!

starting with the pink one on the end: falkland, millends, cormo, bamboo
2nd: alpaca, millend, bamboo (i think this is my fav)
3rd: alpaca, millend, bamboo also
4th: alpaca, merino, cormo
5th: coopsworth, millend, alpaca, merino

alpaca, cormo, and bamboo plied with thread

everything on the green paper is what was in the magic yarn ball. its mostly add-in stuff for art yarn but there was also some amazing hand made soap in there! everything in the package smells really good because of it Tongue off to the side theres 2 project bags and a first issue of R2 knitting magazine

loofa soap! it smells delicious

thank you so much Nesse! it was a really fun swap  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009 03:41:28 PM by weet! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

oddacity
That's what she said.

Sometimes I make things.

« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2009 03:44:19 PM »

Received my package from Belladune today! My dad kindly sent it along as I am off having fun in another state. He repackaged it because he said it wanted me to see all the pretty stamps. LOL! Well I suppose I'll have another surprise for me when I get home. xD

The "Everything" shot!

Pretty fiber prep blanket!

Close-up on the embroidery.

Orifice hook with my username in beads!

Rainbow yarn, complete with SPARKLES! I think this yarn is an accurate representation of my soul. Cheesy It's 70 yards merino, so soft and squishy, I cannot wait to find the right thing to make with this! I'm thinking perhaps a headband, but I don't know yet. Will do some Ravelry browsing when I catch a moment, 'cuz I don't like spending too much time on my aunt's computer.

"Moss On A Log" rolags! They are a blend of shetland, camel, yak, and silk. DREAMY! I'm so excited to spin these. A) because of the fibers, but B) because I loooove the colors, you wouldn't think to look at all my stuff but I do love me some earth tones. Cheesy

"Le Vert" The top pic is 2oz 50/50 Alpaca/BFL roving, and the bottom is just a sample of a bigger bag of alpaca locks. Cheesy Sooooo dreamy! I'm going to have to invest in some carders, or at least better dog brushes than the crap ones I bought at Wal*Mart, because I can't wait to play with those locks! I might even just try pulling some of them apart a bit and spinning them in with the roving. Who knows! Decisions decisions!

So I think Belladune was LOLing because we both sent each other beaded orifice hooks, blue fluffy fiber prep blankets, and green locks. Am I right? xD heehee

Thanks sooo much Belladune! Everything is so lovely and so ME! I can't wait to dive right in! I've got some stuff I'm spinning right now that I'm going to try to finish up tonight and then I'll try to decide where to start! <3

In other news, today I went to a shop and bought 2oz worth silk hankies as well as 2oz black/silver merino/mohair. It'll be my first time working with silk, so I'm excited! I was thinking about dying the hankies, but I think instead I'm going to spin everything and then handpaint the yarn. I've not done enough of that yet, so I thought it'd be good to mix things up a bit. Tongue I think I'm going back to that shop Friday, because they said they're having a big street sale and I'm all about saving money now that my income is gone. xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love all things shiny, glittery, and colorful.

I say yes to ATC trades!

I hang out in: Knitting, Crochet, Fiber Arts, and the Swap Board!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Julie Sarkissian on Her Lead Character From Dear Lucy
Sabin Willett on the Inspiration Behind Abide With Me
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Better Sleep
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips For Improving Your Sex Life
The Hormone Cure: Easy Tips for Reducing Stress
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...