A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: One Tiny Thing 22 (OTT 22) Gallery  (Read 25948 times)
Tags for this thread: one_tiny_thing_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamarose22
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2009 01:43:29 PM »

I would like to learn too.  Is there a tutorial that anyone knows of?  
I'm not in this swap.  However I've admired those beaded wire trees myself.  I had come across this tute a while back but haven't built up the courage to try it. Check out the tutorial.
http://kimberlychapman.com/crafts/bftreetutorial.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 01:43:53 PM by mamarose22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
http://www.pinterest.com/mamarose22/
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2009 03:47:37 PM »

I would like to learn too.  Is there a tutorial that anyone knows of? 
I'm not in this swap.  However I've admired those beaded wire trees myself.  I had come across this tute a while back but haven't built up the courage to try it. Check out the tutorial.

This is an interesting tutorial that is somewhat similar to the techniques I use for my trees. However, with this tutorial, you have to cover the trunk with floral tape and embroidery floss, which I think is unnatural looking (the branches and trunk of a real tree are the exact same colors and textures). Also, this tutorial does not allow you to create fully exposed root structures like you'll find in my trees. Kimberly's trees are gorgeous, but they are very different from my own. On the other hand, it seems that most people who create wire trees use different techniques, yet they're really all beautiful when well done. I guess it just depends on what you like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2009 06:23:51 PM »

So many great things!  I love OTT.  Smiley  That necklace is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2009 08:31:07 PM »

I would like to learn too.  Is there a tutorial that anyone knows of?  
I'm not in this swap.  However I've admired those beaded wire trees myself.  I had come across this tute a while back but haven't built up the courage to try it. Check out the tutorial.

Wonderful!  Thank you so much, mamarose!   Kiss

This is an interesting tutorial that is somewhat similar to the techniques I use for my trees. However, with this tutorial, you have to cover the trunk with floral tape and embroidery floss, which I think is unnatural looking (the branches and trunk of a real tree are the exact same colors and textures). Also, this tutorial does not allow you to create fully exposed root structures like you'll find in my trees. Kimberly's trees are gorgeous, but they are very different from my own. On the other hand, it seems that most people who create wire trees use different techniques, yet they're really all beautiful when well done. I guess it just depends on what you like.
Yes, I really like how your root system is exposed, as it looks really nice.  Smiley  I am grateful though because I had no idea how to even start one of these trees and I adore them so much.  Smiley  This will at least give me a starting ground that I can maybe learn how to finish in my own style.  Smiley

« Last Edit: June 28, 2009 08:39:12 PM by Avesthel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2009 04:47:52 AM »

Yes, I really like how your root system is exposed, as it looks really nice.  Smiley  I am grateful though because I had no idea how to even start one of these trees and I adore them so much.  Smiley  This will at least give me a starting ground that I can maybe learn how to finish in my own style.  Smiley

It's definitely worth trying out! You may also want to check out http://www.salvillano.com/ . His trees aren't really beaded (some of them are) but they're spectacular and he has a book you can buy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avesthel

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2009 06:19:08 AM »

Yes, I really like how your root system is exposed, as it looks really nice.  Smiley  I am grateful though because I had no idea how to even start one of these trees and I adore them so much.  Smiley  This will at least give me a starting ground that I can maybe learn how to finish in my own style.  Smiley

It's definitely worth trying out! You may also want to check out http://www.salvillano.com/ . His trees aren't really beaded (some of them are) but they're spectacular and he has a book you can buy.

Ooo, those are lovely!  Thank you, too!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2009 02:05:59 PM »

Great OTTs everyone! My favorites so far have been the seahorse choker and the tiny canvas painting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Angelicus
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2009 09:28:25 AM »

Wow...I love everything that everyones been getting - I need to go back and wist all my favourites.

I got my lovely little OTT yesterday - the sweetest, gourgestest, loveliest cupcake necklace with an eeny weeny chocolate beaded cupcake on. I absolutely adore it! Unfortunately I haven't got any pictures as my camera doesn't work so I'm really hoping that loobie has some photos of it to show you all - I forgot to remind her. I sent mine to her yesterday so I hope she gets it sometime tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2009 11:41:04 AM »

I received my awesome OTT from TracyinNH yesterday. I'll post pictures when I get home from work, since my camera batteries were dead last night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2009 12:24:15 PM »

I recieved from Persephone_Hazard today!  I went to take pics and discovered 2 sets of dead batteries....  Will post pics this evening probably...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 3 Rock Star Ready Music Festival Trends
Miranda Kerr Reveals Her Beauty Secrets
How to Get the Best Looks from Emmy Night
5 Must-Have Beauty Products For Fall
Beauty Tutorial: How to Create the Veronica Lake Look
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...