A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 309,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody from the Southwest of England?  (Read 15302 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2006 04:23:09 AM »

there is a knitting group that means on thursdays in plymouth

Coolness! Can you please tell me where it is so I can start working up the courage to go along Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
vinny
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006 11:51:33 AM »

they were meeting in the joint cafe on north hill, thursdays from 5ish to 8pm.  i havent been for ages though, it clashes with my daughters martial arts group.

i went into the Range the other day, they have started selling yarn.  its all synthetic stuff but theres some nice colours and textures, all for about 1-2 a ball.

im going to try and get a website together for our venture, we've got our name registered, we're Take Back The Knit Community Interest Company Ltd.  I bought the takebacktheknit.com and .co.uk domains ages ago, i need to learn how to use dreamweaver so I can get a basic site up! 

Ally gave a full days workshop today in the local community college, to a group of A level students, she spent all day making gorgeous dolls with them.  she says they were totally engrossed in it all, and most of them stayed late after she'd gone to continue making them.  they say that 'kids' (well they're a level students so not kids really) are not interested in school lessons, but its just a matter of finding stuff they like and are interested in.

im going to try and organise a needlecrafting evening up at Freedom Fields, on Lipson Road (Plymouth) its a park but its got a cafe in the kids bit of it.  i think they might let us have the space for a couple of hours.  would anyone be up for this, come along, bring your knitting/crochet/whatever?  on a nice sunny summer evening.  if it turns out well maybe we could make it a regular date Smiley  its in the kids bit so anyone (like me) with little ones would be able to come, and theres cold and hot drinks available.  im going to go up tomorrow and find out whether we can use the space.  maybe we could fill it up one sunday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2006 03:49:13 AM »

if anyone is interested in a meet up in the East DEvon/Exeter area I'm hoping to start a craft club meet once a week in Honiton...hopefully on a Thursday eve...I will be renting a hall so there will be a charge to cover costs. With luck this will be a small charge as I'm going to advertise in the library and art shop and hope there will be a few of us going to help  keep the costs down.

anyhoo if you're interested let me know please  Grin
and i'll give you more details etc.

Sally x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
vinny
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2006 01:37:11 AM »

hi sally - will it be kid friendly?  i have a 4 year old daughter who'd be really into that sort of thing.  she's good company, i don't think she'll get in anyones way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2006 05:51:44 AM »

hi sally - will it be kid friendly?  i have a 4 year old daughter who'd be really into that sort of thing.  she's good company, i don't think she'll get in anyones way.

Hi Vinny,
the craft meetings are going to be in the eve 7:30 onwards. I cant see any problems bringing the kids along, as long as they are fairly quiet...as i know some will be using the eves as a "night out" away from their own kids lol

I'll let you know when things are all sorted etc and we have some dates Smiley

where abouts are you Vinny?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
vinny
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2006 07:06:56 AM »

plymouth Smiley

i wouldnt be able to make every week so dont count me as a regular, but id come when i could and probably bring my daughter.  how long might the sessions be?  would you have set projects or would it be a bring-your-own?  or a mixture of both? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006 12:46:28 AM »

Hi Vinny, thanks Smiley
it's basically going to be a bring your own project, but hopefully learn something new from the other group members, as i'm sure if you're anything like me you will be into several "arts" the sessions will probably be about 3 hours or so.

Once it's up and running we'll have a better idea as its all in its planning at the mo.
The first eve is hopefully set for 13th July (gives us a few weeks to round up some more interest)
also hope to do a day long session on a weekend day...but this is for the future once numbers are sorted.

I look forward to meeting you at one of the sessions Smiley
And who knows may be we'll find some "volunteers" who are willing to give demos and project ideas etc???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
vinny
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006 02:33:53 AM »

well me and ally (friend and business partner) would probably both be up for demonstrating some stuff, she's more crafty than me though!  i'm sure she'ld be up for coming along sometimes too.   i only really do knitting, but im up for having a go at other things.  i like informal groups, where people can demonstrate techniques and learn from each other Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006 11:32:39 AM »

well me and ally (friend and business partner) would probably both be up for demonstrating some stuff, she's more crafty than me though!  i'm sure she'ld be up for coming along sometimes too.   i only really do knitting, but im up for having a go at other things.  i like informal groups, where people can demonstrate techniques and learn from each other Smiley

Smiley thanks Vinny. That would be great to meet you and your friend and i;m sure a demo would be much appreciated by those attending. Just hope i can get some interest going...i'm hoping it will be a youngish group as there are so many for the older generations and i havent noticed anything for thsoe with children (though i may be wrong) Also an eve group is to hopefully encourage those working/with kids...anyhoo time will tell.

Knitting is one of my hobbies, though must say i tend to do it in the winter and mainly kiddies/babies stuff.
I'm also in to Altered Art/mixed media  and scrapbooking as well as minibook making and sewing, think i'd try any craft/art once.

So how are your business plans coming along? Hope its going well and things are going to go well for you both Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
purplepixi
« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2006 06:35:28 AM »

Just a quick hi, I know I'm a bit late on this one.

I'm from Oxfordshire -currently east oxon, and moving to west oxon next week.

So if there is anyone from that sort of area out towards - swindon, glous and maybe up to bristol, who knows the whereabouts of any cheap dress fabric stores in the areas. I'd be very greatful.

(Oh and yes, we are moving very close to christmas - not by choice, my hubby is in the military!)

Thank you

Laura
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are Some Beauty Products Really Toxic?
DIY Beauty Elixirs for Better Skin
Back to High School Makeup Tutorial
Clinique Lash Building Primer Product Review
Eyelash Serum Product Review: Li Lash Eyelash Serum
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...