A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody from the Southwest of England?  (Read 14149 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yllas
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2006 06:54:14 AM »

i did put a little add on the SnB site...just to see if there is any interest out there...will go and check it out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
TheRehn

being a FOC is cool :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2006 07:13:50 AM »

ooh anyone seen the summer school courses available at the bristol school of art - queens road http://www.filton.ac.uk/bsa/courses/summerSchoolCourses2006.php
The have a feltmaking week, a ceramics week, printmaking and stained glass (among other things!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haven't been too well recently - not fallen off the face of the earth.
Ooh - I have a Wist http://www.wists.com/TheRehn
showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2006 02:30:04 AM »

Hi y'all,

I'm in Bristol and a relatively new crafter - I learnt to knit towards the end of last year and have a delicious sewing machine waiting for me at home...

Any insider knowledge on good wool shops in Bristol? I hit the haberdashery section of John Lewis and occasionally the poor selection in Hobbycraft - is there anywhere I am missing?

Also - any Bristol Stitch and Bitchers? I can almost do both at the same time now...

i'm a bit on the late train here - but i thought i'd say hi as i'm in bristol too - and i thought i'd mention this really cool little knitting shop that i have been to a couple of times on chandos road in redland. it's super-cute and worth a visit i think!

I have just been doing some knitting and crochet evening classes in the folk house on park street that have been very good. I started knitting the 8 ball tea cosy last night from the stitch and bitch nation book. i'm really excited about it as it's my first ever knitting project!

my teacher from the evening class has been telling us about a night called knit-chicks which is held in the watershed two wednesday nights a month. it's basically an excuse for lots of knitters to get together and have a drink and a chat. not entirely sure which wednesdays they are, but it can't be that hard to find out...
i haven't been to one yet as i am still very pants at knitting and don't think i would actually be able to talk to anyone whilst i was there as i have to concentrate so much! I am hoping that within a few weeks i will be better and will be confident enough to be sitting around knitting with people who actually know what they're doing!

let me know if you'd be interested in going too!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yllas
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2006 02:51:38 AM »

ooh anyone seen the summer school courses available at the bristol school of art - queens road http://www.filton.ac.uk/bsa/courses/summerSchoolCourses2006.php
The have a feltmaking week, a ceramics week, printmaking and stained glass (among other things!)

looks interesting TheRehn, thanks for sharing Smiley

Helen, before you know it your knitting will improve and you'll be able to chat away. Smiley the knitting meets sound interesting, but a bit too far away for me Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
TheRehn

being a FOC is cool :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2006 04:08:26 AM »

this link might help (knitting groups bristol) http://www.freewebs.com/bristolknittinggroups/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haven't been too well recently - not fallen off the face of the earth.
Ooh - I have a Wist http://www.wists.com/TheRehn
Keletubbie

Knittin' like I mean it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2006 04:51:24 AM »

Hi y'all,

I'm in Bristol and a relatively new crafter - I learnt to knit towards the end of last year and have a delicious sewing machine waiting for me at home...

Any insider knowledge on good wool shops in Bristol? I hit the haberdashery section of John Lewis and occasionally the poor selection in Hobbycraft - is there anywhere I am missing?

Also - any Bristol Stitch and Bitchers? I can almost do both at the same time now...

i'm a bit on the late train here - but i thought i'd say hi as i'm in bristol too - and i thought i'd mention this really cool little knitting shop that i have been to a couple of times on chandos road in redland. it's super-cute and worth a visit i think!

I have just been doing some knitting and crochet evening classes in the folk house on park street that have been very good. I started knitting the 8 ball tea cosy last night from the stitch and bitch nation book. i'm really excited about it as it's my first ever knitting project!

my teacher from the evening class has been telling us about a night called knit-chicks which is held in the watershed two wednesday nights a month. it's basically an excuse for lots of knitters to get together and have a drink and a chat. not entirely sure which wednesdays they are, but it can't be that hard to find out...
i haven't been to one yet as i am still very pants at knitting and don't think i would actually be able to talk to anyone whilst i was there as i have to concentrate so much! I am hoping that within a few weeks i will be better and will be confident enough to be sitting around knitting with people who actually know what they're doing!

Grin

I'm a Knit Chick!

And so is my boyfriend, which is a little confusing.

We met last Wednesday (well, the one two nights ago) and intend to meet again for an extra meet on Wednesday May 31st. We'd love extra folks there!

Is Shirley your teacher? She's awfuly nice AND knows how to fix our knitted messes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please visit my blog. Comments make us all happy:

http://purlfriday.blogspot.com
yllas
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2006 10:53:42 AM »

anyone interested in joining a knit group in the exeter/honiton/sidmouth area?
maybe we could alternate the meet up areas???

let us know please as we'd like to start a knit group Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
showmehelen

*it's nice to be nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2006 05:33:30 AM »

Hi y'all,

Grin

I'm a Knit Chick!

And so is my boyfriend, which is a little confusing.

We met last Wednesday (well, the one two nights ago) and intend to meet again for an extra meet on Wednesday May 31st. We'd love extra folks there!

Is Shirley your teacher? She's awfuly nice AND knows how to fix our knitted messes!

HURRAH!!
Shirley is my teacher yes - she's so lovely!

I have marked down the 31st in my calendar, so hopefully I will be there  Grin
perhaps i'll send you a message first to confirm and then i'll know to look out for you

yllas -  thanks very much for the encouragement!
i have knitted half a tea cosy so far and it's going well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vinny
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2006 09:16:29 AM »

hi, i'm in plymouth too, i'm a knitter, and i have a good friend here who is a costume designer by trade, and is currently very much into making bags and dolls.

there is a knitting group that means on thursdays in plymouth, i used to go but havent been able to in ages because my toddler daughter has started going to martial arts "little dragons" at the same time. 

me and ally (my mate) put together a business plan for a yarn and fabrics shop, we're trying to secure funding at the moment, which is hard because a/ we havent got any of our own and b/ we keep coming across business people who think needle crafts died in the fifties..  we have registered as a community interest company - that means we run for the benefit of the community rather than for shareholders.  like i said tho, we havent started yet, altho we hope to start doing workshops around plymouth soon. 

we're both totally up for meeting up for chinwags and crafting!  like i said, at the mo, ally has been designing and making her own dolls, witches and mermaids and fairies  Smiley, and im working on the jemima pattern from here for myself and im about to start knitting my first pair of socks for a present.

you can get me on vinny@takebacktheknit.co.uk and id love to hear from you all down here in devon/cornwall.  i come from bristol so i'll check on you all up there.  maybe next time i visit i'll be able to call in on one of your meet-ups!

x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yllas
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2006 01:57:23 AM »

Showmehelen, good for you on the knitting Smiley

Vinny, GL with the new venture, sounds like a great idea Smiley

havent knitted much lately, though have made numerous altered Art projects, and even done some scrapbooking! saw some lush chenile type wool in land yesterday...black, vintage green and an aqua..all scrummy Smiley, but wasnt in mood to buy wool in this heat...just cant be thinking of it right now as way too hot for that :lol:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sally
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Iron
How to Make Beef Jerky
How to Make Cajun Red Beans and Rice
How to Make Chicken and Dumplings
How To Make Eggs over Easy
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...