A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anybody from the Southwest of England?  (Read 14421 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

worksuckscraftrules
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2009 10:00:10 AM »

haha, hannah is fine! The shop is South Street seems to be a bit strange, not avant garde at all... there's hardly any stock and it's all overpriced from what I could see when I went in, although I've not been there for a couple of months, so I suppose it could have gotten better. As much as I love supporting independent businesses, I'd love there to be a Hobbycraft in Exeter! It could go in the old Woolie's space!

Craft circle then... let's see what we can do!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

is it any coincidence that the word yearn is one letter away from being yarn?
soorawn
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2009 05:20:52 AM »

Trago Mills!  I had forgotten about that one.  It is near Newton Abbot,actually, not in Exeter, but there is a bus.  They have a massive department store and they are well stocked with fabric, notions and haberdashery.  An interesting assortment, in my opinion.  With the plus that there's an ice rink around (I haven't tried it... yet).

How would we proceed for a craft circle, then, Hanna?  I've never belonged to one.  And yes, it'd be good that they opened something useful there instead of another Gap/Starbucks/Mango/insert chain store of choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
ChickadeeChickadoo
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2009 08:40:30 AM »

Hello!

I'm from Gloucester/Cheltenham (work in one live in the other) I used to live in Bristol and spend alot of time there still. I live on a narrow boat with the boy and our rescued Trouble pooch Ronnie.

I have recently learned to crochet and have fallen in love i'm totally addicted and currently have 3 projects on the go. I love doing anything crafty and love cooking too.

We have a fair few good shops up here. Budget Wool in Cheltenham is full floor to celling of wonderful wool we have a couple of small crafty stores in cheltenham and a Hobby Craft in Gloucester, although I try to support the little guys before shopping there. Other than that I hunt through charity shops and my mums boxes of horded wool and material.

I'd love to meet other crafters, none of my friends share my passion and allthough my boyfriend loves what I create I think hes getting a little bored of hearing about it all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soorawn
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2009 06:35:38 AM »

I'm visiting Bristol next weekend, I'll have a good look at Fabricland.  Any suggestions to make the most of my shopping day there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChickadeeChickadoo
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2009 03:40:34 AM »

I'm visiting Bristol next weekend, I'll have a good look at Fabricland.  Any suggestions to make the most of my shopping day there?

Gloucester road is good which is near fabricland. Although its quite a walk to make the most out of all the shops. Just go under the arches of the 60's building on the round about that fabric lands on and keep walking. I think its sign posted st pauls or stokes croft. On the way there is some stunning graffiti to keep you going though. Park street has a few good shops still although alot of the idiependant shops up there have closed in the past few years. BS8 is my fave up there, its split into smaller units of indie shops. The new Cabot Circus the new shopping centre is pretty good if your after high street stores.

Hope that helps. I don't live in Bristol any more but its still my favorite place to be. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soorawn
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2009 04:06:44 AM »

Thank you!  In the end I was around Cabot Circus and Broadmead and enjoyed it thoroughly.  I could check the stuff they have in that shop I'd targeted so now I know what there is in stock in general and can buy through their website or go back there, which I'd find very pleasant.  I loved the place!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IzzyBee
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009 11:37:02 AM »

Hi everyone Smiley
I'm Izzy, and I'm currently living in Cornwall and I've just moved down here because I'm at uni here. Home is in South West London, so coming to Cornwall has been a big change!
Making jewellery is my main craft, and sadly there aren't too many bead shops around here (the one closest to me, in Falmouth, is closing down Sad), so it looks like I'll be buying a lot more of my supplies on the internet from now. On the plus side, the fabric shop in Truro is amazing! Not sure what it's like price-wise as I've only been in once and all I bought was a pattern, but their range is huge. I've never been in a fabric shop so big!
I'd love to meet some other crafters from Cornwall, as I've never had any crafty friends before and it would be nice to have someone to share my interests with Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gee_is_kool
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2009 08:44:27 AM »

Im from Bristol too, it's wierd to other people from Bristol are on here when there's all these americans lol
I guess my favourite place to buy fabric is fabricland because i can't afford john lewis, also creativity just off whiteladies road is where i spend all my money getting ribbon and paper and beads and stuff.
and someone mentioned BS8 earlier which has now become P 8 because half of the sign has come off and it makes me laugh when i walk past Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feeshy

Over my dead pineapple

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2009 01:17:55 PM »

I don't suppose anyone has knowledge of any crafty shops in Bath? Started Uni there this year and I haven't seen a sausage (bar the bead shop, but I've tried beading and am woefully bad at it). Mainly looking for fabric, but any sort of bits and bobs are fine to keep boredom away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only signature he needed was my fist. With a pen in it. That I was signing with.
aliceadventure
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2010 09:41:49 AM »

hello! I'm Alice and live in Bracknell and grew up in Reading! I've read this post and been to most of the places people are from. So glad theres some other craft fans in the UK! There isn't a lot of craft shops here, a few market stalls and hobby craft but nothing really really special! I do mixed media stuff, altering, visual journaling, bookbinding and love american crafts!

Message me at my blog at www.craftycupid.com

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draft a Simple Skirt Pattern
How to Design an English Rose Fabric
How To Learn the Basics Of Bricklaying
How to Build a Bridge
The Food Pyramid Design
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...