A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circle Scarf, almost a fail  (Read 915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2010 12:01:24 PM »

Well I made this based on this awesome tut.  I am giving it it's own post even though I'm not very happy with the way it turned out.  I learned some things along the way which was well worth the experience, and my DD loves it, so it's all good!

Things I learned:  

1) when I attempt this again, for myself, I am going to increase the length and maybe decrease the width a little.  I am thinking more along the lines of 40 X 80.  I will see how it turns out.

2) be careful on your fabric choice.  Anything too heavy will feel suffocating.  I know, because I used a (somewhat) thin black stretch velvet that I tried on (doubled) in the store and it seemed to be perfect...but in reality, by the time this is all made up your fabric is folded over four times, not just doubled, so be selective.  The kiddo likes to feel snuggled in and cozy so it worked for her.  I felt like I was in a new and unusual form of a coffin and couldn't wait to rip it off!    Grin

Okay, now that I've enlightened you all with my discoveries, I will post the pictures.  Just be kind when you see them.  They were taken at night in the house and this camera I am having to use is not the best.

She really likes to wear it as a shawl.  She isn't as worried about protecting her hair as I am.   Wink

This other shots are rather blurry but you can kind of see how it looks...

I tried to crop and edit these pics but for some reason photobucket isn't saving the changes, ugh.  Sorry for the horribleness!  
Thanks for looking, C & C always appreciated!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010 12:38:12 PM by BethieB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Catiegator
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010 12:33:15 PM »

I think it turned out really cute! Your little girl is just absolutely adorable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010 12:39:39 PM »

Thank you!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Art of Pe Lang with Machines
Jon Kolko on What Makes Design Work Meaningful
Jon Kolko: Why Entrepreneurial Leadership Starts With Passion
Jon Kolko on How Reflecting Benefits a Creative Career
Jon Kolko on How to Make Social Impact Jobs a Design Career Choice
Latest Blog Articles
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug
Road Trip!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...