A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The beauty of Batik! Girls Sundresses ! A WHOLE LOTTA pics!  (Read 3825 times)
Tags for this thread: batik  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nylaskye
« on: June 08, 2009 10:58:10 AM »

Ahhh the beauty of batik!  I absolutely LOVE batik fabric!!  The colors, texture!

I had been planning to do a summer line of batik print halter dresses for the summer since last year.  Finally did it this year!  Here are a few! Also I thought it would be cute to do some kiddie feather fascinators and headbands to go with these colorful dresses.  I make accessories to go with EVERYTHING I make so I thought this would be a great deviation from my usual hairbows. 

Lastly I had my first fashion show and open House for my designs last month.  I had  12 lil models and 2 modeled the batik dresses.  As you can see I've been workin, workin, workin!!!  More in the making!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rache_Engel
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009 11:03:29 AM »

OMG they are awesome!!! I want one for myself (or two or three)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009 11:08:01 AM »

Those are sooooo fantastic! I agree Batik fabric is the best, I always drool over it when I got to the fabric store!! I am in love with one of the dresses in particular, the eighth one, it looks like 'the universe'. I can't wear it, but if I could I would love to own it, either way, I'm wisting it. You're sewing skills are crazy fantastic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nylaskye
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009 11:17:23 AM »

Those are sooooo fantastic! I agree Batik fabric is the best, I always drool over it when I got to the fabric store!! I am in love with one of the dresses in particular, the eighth one, it looks like 'the universe'. I can't wear it, but if I could I would love to own it, either way, I'm wisting it. You're sewing skills are crazy fantastic!!

That's exactly what I thought when I got that fabric.  I called it Odyssey and it was one of a kind.  Someone snatched it up at the show.  In fact the lil girl threw a tantrum crying, pouting cause her mom wouldn't buy it.  She had already bought 5 pr of bows.  Needless to say her mom gave in and I was tickled pink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009 11:18:53 AM »

OH MY GOODNEssssss!!!  Those are AWESOME! The dresses the models and all..{watch out simmon's girls}.  The teal and brown in my fav I want one for my lil gran-ladybugg.  Hi 5 yourself gurl because YOU ROCK!!! Congrats on the fashion show & Open house.  Wishing you much favor and many blessing on your line.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
Pamcake1323
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009 11:50:03 AM »

All of these dreses are awesome!! But I absolutely love the teal and brown!
Umm. Could you make that in my size?  Grin J/K. Only b/c I'm not a dress person.

Your work is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nylaskye
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009 12:05:54 PM »

Thanks for the compliments! 

I want to put this out there.  That teal and brown is a favorite of mines, unfortunately I only had enough fabric to make one!  I have searched and searched for that fabric!  If anyone knows where I can get some or sees some PLEASE PM me!  I got it from Jo-Ann's at the end of last year or the beginning of this year!

I'd love ya forever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stylinmommy
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009 12:11:14 PM »

Beautiful dresses!  Love all the colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
devotedabbler
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009 12:22:58 PM »

I have seen lost of your posts but I think these dresses are my all time favorite! so cheerful and bright!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May our efforts reflect our values.
May the variety in life bring us joy.
May we seek to inspire not compete.
May we have happy hearts.
zenthistle
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009 01:01:18 PM »

I love it.. I wish  for a grown up version too... make one for you!!!
Very cute.. and the feathers are like soft fairy blossoms.. very unique and bright!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pyramid Gift Box
Sweet Peas With Kim Westad
Upcycled Gift Wrap
Handmade Portraits: Yokoo
How to Crochet with Front and Back Posts
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...