A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to crochet peach (fruit) shape?  (Read 807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

enemyairship
« on: June 05, 2009 09:22:10 AM »

Hi everyone, I've been lurking this board for 2 years but this is my first post here.

I'd like to ask if anyone would help me crochet a peach shape.  I started crocheting about 3 months ago.  I'm familiar with the basic stitches and techniques and am beginning to make my own patterns, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this peach shape correctly.  

I'm trying to make a Peach Longevity Bun (pastry in the shape of a peach that wishes long life, commonly served to elders in the Chinese tradition) for my grandma's 76th birthday.  Here are some reference pictures:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7l_Y6Ap-VgM/R9l0EA2xcrI/AAAAAAAAAeI/cshGImPgjok/s400/IMG_1216.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XwlZ2HSb7ug/RwoLY6aREvI/AAAAAAAAAu0/-eNx81zhkko/s400/DSC01419.JPG

I can make the leaves just fine, but the peach shape really throws me off.  Would anyone be able to help me with this?  Please let me know what I can do for you in return, thank you!   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

djonesgirl
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009 10:14:55 AM »

I would start at the point first,

1. ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. sc in each sc around
3. (sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in next sc) around

continue to increase each row until you get the width you want and then sc in each sc around for at least 6 rows or more then decrease again and stuff and finish off. 

I'd do a little soft sculpturing to get the peach look and use blush or something like it for the coloring.

I'm curious now--I may make one up and then I'll type up what I did if it works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

enemyairship
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009 10:42:20 AM »

Thanks so much, I'm going to try this!  When I first tried to do this I started from the bottom and it looked all wonky when I got to the tip. 

I have some pink spray paint at home and was thinking to make a quick spritz over the bun when I finish and was going to use some thread to make the pinch/crease in the middle.  I hope it will turn out how I have it pictured in my head, haha. 

Thank you again! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Guide to African American Hairstyles
Short Hair Styles for Women
How to Find the Perfect Hair Color for You
How to Cover Gray Hair
Smokey Eye Tutorial For Beginners
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...