A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrapbook > Broken Heart  (Read 1071 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

woo_me
« on: June 04, 2009 11:35:36 PM »

ok, so is it sad that i'm more worried about my scrapbook and what to do with it than the fact that a year long relationship ended? : S

background:  i have what i call my "running" scrapbook that is kind of like a yearbook for each year.  I'm a little behind on some of the events from the past couple of years, and unfortunately some of those include my ex boyfriend.  I still want to scrapbook these events because some of my other friends are in them to and it includes some of the first years of my college career.  BUT I'm dating someone new now and I don't want to hurt his feelings by suddenly scrapbooking my ex (i know i would be upset if i saw pics of his ex), and I also don't really care to include the pics of the other dude.

anyway...does anyone have an idea of what i could do about this?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.   -Andy Warhol

i'm up for personal swaps just PM me!
greenfaerie
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009 11:07:40 PM »

It was a part of your life, so it'd be kinda funny to have a whole in it.  Perhaps just scrap as if he was a friend if necessary (like he's in a picture).  You know how you'd do if you went to a fun party, and a friend of a friend got in a really good shot of you and your friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009 11:22:32 PM »

one of the first things i scrapbooked when i started was a 2 page layout about my ex-fiance and how knowing him changed me and how i view the world (he was an alcoholic who i suspect had a pre-occupation with 15 yr old girls, but lied very well)

i totally agree that it was part of your life, and you need to document it...and if your bf gets offended, tell him you are who you are from the experiences you have had, good and bad, and that you would hope he respects that your past is just that, the past

i was lucky, my husband didnt care at all, we talk about that kinda stuff all the time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
dance_dance

I am not anti-establishment, I'm pro-peace.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009 07:22:14 AM »

Explain to your new man that your old man WAS a part of your old life. When you're done with all of your ex's pages, then it's the end. It's kind of liberating, in my opinion, to scrap someone out of your life. [Pun intended.] Consider his pages your history.
It's not like you'd go back and throw out pages with other exes, right?
If you find a picture with the two of you that you're not including...tear it in two, right down the middle!
Finally, start new pages for your new guy. :] Then he'll know that it's not an emotional thing, it's a "remembering the past for all that it was" thing. :]
That's what I'd do, anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take me to a midnight show.
woo_me
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009 10:37:28 AM »

thank you guys so much! all the suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them.   -Andy Warhol

i'm up for personal swaps just PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crème Caramel Recipe
How to Make Brioche Bread and Butter Pudding
How to Make Homemade Peanut Butter Fudge
How to Make Hen Party Cupcakes in a Jar Recipe
How to Make a Date Loaf
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...