A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit AIMEE with me?  (Read 12667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kerry Berry
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2006 11:13:52 PM »

I ran out of yarn halfway through the second sleeve, and I wasn't able to get any until a week after the Knitting Olympics ended.  My Aimee is still waiting to be finished.  After working on it exclusively for multiple hours at a time, I'm kind of taking a break from it.  I'm going to make myself pick it up again and finish it by the end of this week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2006 07:38:10 AM »

lisascenic, I'm really sorry to hear about your partner's injury - I hope he's doing better. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
lisascenic
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2006 05:17:53 PM »

Well, Aimee is still languishing, but I feel I'm almost at a point in my life where I can pick up knitting again. 

My sweetie is at home, recovering from a spinal cord injury.  Among other things, he has mostly paralyzed feet, so as you can imagine, I'm doing all the driving these days.  I never fully appreciated how much knitting I got done in the car!

Has anyone finished their Aimees?

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2006 07:20:16 PM »

Mine is as done as it will be for now.  I have a very short torso, and I didn't take that into consideration when choosing to knit this sweater.  You can view it at my blog.  It's a cute sweater.  Just not on me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2006 08:08:47 PM »

Kerry - that looks BEAUTIFUL!  I really like it - are you sure it doesn't work for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
lisascenic
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006 12:21:14 AM »

Kerry -- think the sweater itself looks great!  Perhaps of it doesn't look good on you, you could give it as a gift to someone special to you..

It really looks lovely!

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2006 12:28:07 PM »

Thanks for the compliments! 

(I haven't really looked at my knitblog since the beginning of April--I need to figure out how to use my digital camera better.)

Maybe it'll look better on my sister.  Unfortunately, the sweater is 150 miles away (at my apartment at school).  I'll give it a second chance when I see it again (and maybe get a picture of myself modeling it), and then if it doesn't work, I'll give it to my sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessie-in-stitches
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2006 02:19:00 PM »

oh, my Aimee is coming along quickly --- after a six month hiatus. Better late than never. here's my front and back:

just a couple of sleeves left! I'm so excited - aimee is my first adult sweater. And it's for ME.

The way I finally got through it is thinking like this: Aimee is just lace and stockinette stripes. Lace = single yarn size 7's = one knit row, four rows of "row 2" as written in pattern, one purl row. Stockinette = double yarn size 5's= 6 rows of regular old stockinette. And then I ignored the pattern and followed my chart which you can get here: http://www.jessie-in-stitches.com/AimeeAddendum.pdf  I dunno if my funny looking chart will make it easier for anyone except me, and i'm sure it can be improved. If anyone out there actually uses it, let me know if it helped at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2006 07:29:43 AM »

I finally feel like I can get back to making things after my partner's spinal cord injury.  So I'm goingto dig Aimee out of storage and see if I can complete it.

As fas a Aimee goes, I really wish I hadn't done the ribbon eyelet.  The ribbon is a bit too froofy for me, and the eyelt hole looks like a gigantic distorted belly botton.

I fear my Aimee is way, way, way, to slim for me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee_Original
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006 04:30:15 AM »

I just started Aimee a few weeks ago.  I've frogged it now about a million times.  This pattern is just ridiculous, but now I think I finally understand it.  I'm just finding doing it is really frustrating.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.2
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.3
Video Editing - Sony Vegas Basics P.1
How to Use the Liquify Effect in Photoshop
Photoshop: Using the Render Effect
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...