A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit AIMEE with me?  (Read 13095 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lisascenic
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005 04:12:16 PM »

Why, oh why, is everything I make such a Cat Magnet???

My tomcat tries to decide if sitting on my project will make it less lumpy.  We opted for a light iron instead.
He wandered off to take a nap.  Glowering at my knitting was burning valuable calories.

The back of the sweater, after a light steam blocking.
I read on someone's blog that the "underarm wings" really won't look this freakish when the sweater is all put together.  I'm having my doubts, right now.

Everyone else has to get in on the action.  Thanks, ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005 08:33:53 AM »

lookin' good, lisascenic!  I still haven't started... I know, I suck.  I might try to do another swatch after this holiday weekend is over...  it would be nice to somehow have the sweater to wear on Xmas.  we'll see...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
lisascenic
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005 10:09:21 AM »

Gloriana -- This actually knits up quite quickly.  I'm a very "loose" knitter, so I had to go down two needle sizes to get gauge, and I'm still making good progress.

When I'm actually knitting, that is!  I got sucked into a Hawaiian quilting store last week and (for my budget) ran amok.  I'm sizzling with ideas, but I need to actually finish projects, instead of getting them to 97% completion...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitknit
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005 09:52:50 AM »

That looks so nice!  I haven't gotten any more done on mine.  School is almost done for the christmas break so i'm hoping to get a lot finished during that time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005 10:56:44 PM »

I'm about to start the underarm shaping of the front.  I've just been knitting on this in stray moments, but it really does go quickly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2005 08:38:46 AM »

Yippee!!!!!  I finished the front!!!  (This was a bit of a chore, as I was riding on ver-r-r-r-ry bumpy roads for the last few inches, and stitches kept falling off the needles.)  I'll sew the front and back together to confirm they fit.

I hope to start the sleeves today.  I'm considering knitting them at the same time, so that they really are symmetrical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2005 11:23:27 PM »

Well, I'm feeling like this has turned back into the Aimee Knit-Alone, but I just had to share my tale of woe.

Yesterday, I realized that I had (not once but twice) created unwanted purl rows on my sleeve.  Ugh.  The worst part was that I have really only been concentrating on lace pattern and row count, so I didn't notice this until I was five or six inches past the mistakes.  GAAAAARGH!!!! 

Kid Silk isn't quite as horrible to rip out as I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't a real joy, either.  My sweetie cringes when I rip back, and actually suggested making the same mistake on purpose on the next sleeve. 

The good news is that I just reached the place where I spotted the error.  So, I'm back where I started.

Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bee17779
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005 06:56:46 AM »

Hi,

I am not knitting this but thought you will be motivated if you see someone's else FO on this.
http://www.catduck.com/Clog/CategoryView,category,Rowan,Aimee.aspx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://beeknits.blogspot.com - My Knitting Blog
http://jadebeadradise.blogspot.com - My beaded jewelry shop
lisascenic
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005 12:06:09 PM »

Oh Bee, that is inspiring!  Thank you for posting the link!

I may listen to this knitter's advice and re-work the tops of the shoulders so I can do the three needle bind off.  Since this sweater is so delicate, I want to avoid bulky blobby seams at all costs!

I'm also worried about the length on the sleeves.  I have long arms, and dislike three quarter length sleeves.  But this knitter suggests that she used every inch of her four skeins to finish this sweater.  And she clearly didn't make the extra-large.  I was counting on my small chest measurement to allow me to make longer sleeves.  hmmmm....

Maybe I had better put my half finished sleeve on a stitch holder, and start the second sleeve.  That way, they can "race each other to the finish line."

What's funny is that the knitter made her sweater exactly like the one in the photo, and even wore it with a white collared shirt.  And she looks so hip in it.  I was convinced that this would make anyone other than a model look, well, like their mom dressed them to look "sweet and innocent."  I had planned to wear my Aimee with a tiny freaky colored tank top.

I'm still not 100% sold on the variegated yarn I bought.  After the disaster of the first mohair, I bought the first four skeins of Kid Silk I could lay my hands on.  I like all the colors individually, and they look great wrapped on the ball, but they still do that weird puddling thing that I don't like about variegated yarn.  Oh well, the colors are pretty close in color and value, so hopefully I'll learn to love this sweater's colors.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005 12:13:17 PM by lisascenic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bee17779
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005 01:47:29 PM »

You are welcome, Lisa.

I am sure all will turn out well. You know how blocking can do wonders (to resolve the puddling problem, I am thinking you meant it looks uneven?).

Yeah, that's a good idea about knitting both sleeves at the same time. That way, you won't end up with a completed sleeve and one that is half done.

Can't wait to see your FO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://beeknits.blogspot.com - My Knitting Blog
http://jadebeadradise.blogspot.com - My beaded jewelry shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
7 Fabulous Winter Beauty Fixes
The Monday Makeover - Double Braid Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - Full Brow Tutorial
Day to Night Makeup Tutorial with Cynthia Rowley Beauty
Birchbox Sneak Peek: November 2013
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...