A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit AIMEE with me?  (Read 13964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessie-in-stitches
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2006 09:35:13 AM »

I'm chugging along with this thing, slowly but surely. I'm halfway through the second sleeve and I have to order another ball of KSH! Anyway, I had two revelations last night:

1. there is really no point in going through the effort of the slip, knit, psso. you might as well just knit two together instead - the results are practically identical. Try it! I think i would have knitted this thing in HALF THE TIME if I had done that.

2. it would have been worth it to account for the one-stitch offset that the increases cause in the lace stripes. It would just mean that anytime you have an increase or decrease in a lace stripe, just knit two on either end of the row instead of one for the rows that follow the increase/decrease row (or vice versa, knit one instead of two). So little effort. Granted, no one will notice. But I think the result would have been a touch neater.

3. i am actually tempted to knit another one of these in another color. It would be so easy now that I have the method down. Scary! I should probably finish this one before I start thinking about another!

Anyway, here are some recent pics:
http://www.jessie-in-stitches.com/off%20the%20needles/aimeeblur.jpg
http://www.jessie-in-stitches.com/off%20the%20needles/aimeesleevedetail.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2007 11:39:08 PM »

I wonder if anyone ever finished and wore their Aimees?

The universe conspired to keep me away from knitting for a very very long time.  When I was finally able to find enough mental calmness to knit again, I had managed to lose the almost-finished pieces of Aimee.  I was pretty sure I had left them in a hospital waiting room, or something, and just kissed the project goodbye.

Then, a few days ago, I noticed a plastic bag poking out from under a dresser, containing my pieces of Aimee!  Somehow some of the project slipped off the needles, and unraveled (unevenly, of course).  I'm hoping to be able to salvage this project, and feel like I've really overcome some bad times when I finally wear this sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee_Original
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2007 06:54:10 AM »

Hahaha my AIMEE is sitting in a plastic bag in the closet.  I got so frustrated with it and thought if I stepped away from it for awhile (a long while) maybe a little distance would help.  I'd start up again if you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee
lillybeth
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2007 04:27:08 PM »

Aimee is definitely on my list!  There is one blogger, I can't remember her blog name that finished Aimee and hers looks awesome! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2007 08:06:58 PM »

Okay, Lillybeth!  Let's reclaim the excitement we had about this sweater, finish it, and enjoy wearing it!  I double-dog dare you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee_Original
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2007 06:17:08 AM »

Aimee is definitely on my list!  There is one blogger, I can't remember her blog name that finished Aimee and hers looks awesome! 

it was jessie-in-sitches ---- see the post below with the frog icon.  She even worked out a chart for help.

okay, i'm going to pick this back up if you guys do.  starting tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bee
lisascenic
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2007 04:26:38 PM »

I swear, this is a Doomed Project for me.  I had it on a wire shelf, and the orchid on the shelf above it was infested with mites and dripped sticky sappy badness all over Aimee.  The whole project felt like it had been sprayed with honey. 

I managed to wash it without felting it to oblivion.

However, I've realized that I have NO IDEA where I left off in the directions.  I need to really clear my head and figure this out.

I'll be so satisified when I finally wear this sweater!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seafood Usuyaki Recipe
Seaweed Salad Recipe
How to Make Sekihan
How to Make Soft-Cooked Omurice
Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...