A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit AIMEE with me?  (Read 13094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittynikki

It was either drugs or knitting...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2006 01:18:37 PM »

i just got the vintage knits book for xmas (w00t, holla) and i'm absolutely dying to knit this up!

mmm, and think about wearing this in hip little places around town, not just on a bike in the woods like it's pictured.  so versatile.

and everyone knows i loves me a versatile FO.  w3rd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://whydobirds.buzznet.com/user  --  I'm a BNer.
http://knittybang.blogdrive.com  --  see my latest shinanigans
lisascenic
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2006 10:25:55 PM »

How is everyone doing on this?  I'm knitting the smallest size, and I swear that I'm going to run our of yarn before I finish.

grrrrrr....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2006 09:01:22 AM »

Still knitting along....  Kid Silk "spit slices" beautifully, which is very nice on a lace project. 

But I have to say that any knitting technique that involves spitting on one's yarn is very, very, very conspicuous when done in a doctor's waiting room.

(I used water from the drinking fountain, and skipped the spit part altogether.  But I still felt pretty unsanitary, wetting my yarn in a public drinking fountain...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kerry Berry
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2006 09:35:51 PM »

I bought yarn for this, but I can't make any promises that I'll finish (or even start) it anytime soon.  I sub yarn with wild abandon, and I bought Misti Alpaca Laceweight (picture on my blog) because I really dislike mohair.  I'm hoping this yarn works out alright.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2006 08:23:44 AM »

It is looking more and more like I'll run out of yarn.  I'm ripping apart my swatch, and hoping for the best.

Almost done with the knitting...I'm working on the sleeve caps, and of course still have to so the neckline and sewing up. 

Sigh....So close.  If it weren't hairy mohair, I might consider cannibalizing the bottom edge.  But ripping out backwards if a pain, even under the best circumstances.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2006 02:08:33 PM »

I finished knitting all the parts!!!!  I didn't have to tear the sweater to pieces to get extra yarn.   

Okay.  Well.  Technically the sweater is still in pieces, so tearing it into pieces might be redundant, but who cares!  I'm done with all the big stuff!

So, now all I have to do is sew 'em together, make a neckband, and see if the durn thing even looks good on me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bee17779
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2006 09:06:20 AM »

lisascenic,

I am sure it will look good on you. Can't wait to see your Aimee!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://beeknits.blogspot.com - My Knitting Blog
http://jadebeadradise.blogspot.com - My beaded jewelry shop
jessie-in-stitches
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2006 12:54:37 PM »

Hello knitting folk

I am knitting Aimee and finding it mighty confusing! The first pattern repeat was fine but the rest with all the modifications are confusing. Can anyone shed some light on it for me? Anyone having similar problems?

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisascenic
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2006 01:03:35 PM »

Jessie-In-Stitches

What are you confused about?  Trying to keep the lace pattern while increasing and decreasing?  If that's the problem, remember that you can "fake" your edge stitches, because they'll be inside of your sewn seam. 

I have to say that I agree with the blogger who thought that a three-needle bind off on the shoulders would be best.  I followed the instructions, and realized that the shoulders could get really ugly when I sew them closed.  Also, my arm holes seem way, way too large for my sleeves. 

So, I spent the better part of last night ripping back and cursing.  I'm not quite sure what's going to happen next.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessie-in-stitches
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2006 02:59:07 PM »

Okay, let me be more specific, if i can... (thanks for your help!) you'll see I'm pretty confused.

Order of events:
-- the first time you do the pattern repeat you just follow the directions; you knit rows 1-6 as written for the lace, then 6 more with two decrease rows for the stockinette. I did that part okay.
-- then it says, "cont in patt, dec 1 st at each end of 3rd row". Of course the 3rd row HAS a decrease in it already as written. And am I supposed to do all 12 rows before moving on to the next bit...
-- then it says, "work 9 rows, ending with a WS row". I guess my question is where am I at this point? did I just do a whole repeat? Or am I starting after the 3rd row with the decrease.
-- then it says, "inc 1 st at each end of next and every following 4th row..." but does that mean every 4 rows, or does it mean every row #4 in the 12 row repeat?

Oy vay! Can you see where my confusion lies? It's actually funny how hard it is to describe your own confusion. It's confusing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Today Only: Get the Sofia Vergara Fragrance First
Lifestyle Products for Earth Day
How to Layer Your Skincare Products
3 DIY Body Scrubs
LORAC Touch-Up to Go Concealer and Foundation Pen Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...