A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reversible Pinafores  (Read 995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2009 11:46:51 AM »

I've been wanting to make these for a long time and finally got around to it just in time for the warm weather.  I've seen so many great ones on here and was totally inspired by them.

I used the Olivia reversible pinafore pattern on etsy to make them, and I'm wondering if anyone else has used the pattern.  If so what did you think about it?  I had a bit of trouble putting pattern together.  I'm wondering if it was just me or if anyone else had that problem.  It wasn't too bad though.  I just kinda winged it, but I think the finished product came out ok.

I chose this pattern because it didn't have buttons or ties at the shoulders, which is the way I wanted it.  I'm a little disappointed with the shoulder seams though.  They came out on the front instead of on top of the shoulder.  I guess I'm a little too picky, but I'm gonna try to alter the pattern a bit to adjust the shoulders on my next ones.

I really don't mean to complain so much.  I am happy I got the pattern and will be getting plenty of use out of it.  Just wondering what others thought of it.

Anyway, here's my girls!  I am so happy that the pattern included sizes to fit them both.

So you can see the shoulder:

I got all the fabric at Joann's either 50% off or from the remnant bin.  I love that my girls are small enough I can make them clothes from the remnant bin!  The green on my oldest daughter's is my favorite, but of course she likes the pink better!  Thanks for looking.  I'd love to know what you all think, good or bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

devotedabbler
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009 12:49:59 PM »

very cute! If you don't like the seam (I agree it is off) what about sewing on some accent buttons or grosgrain ribbon bows. That would cover it and add a cute touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May our efforts reflect our values.
May the variety in life bring us joy.
May we seek to inspire not compete.
May we have happy hearts.
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009 02:42:04 PM »

Those are very cute!  I've never used that pattern, though I've seen tons of people online who do.  They only seem to ever make the underdress, though, so maybe there is something about the pinafore that is frustrating.  I think they turned out to be adorable either way.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009 04:14:25 PM »

Thanks for the replies. Smiley  That's a good idea about the buttons or bows to cover the shoulder seams, I just might do that.  Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StacyCK
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009 06:17:27 AM »

Your girls look so cute in the pinafores!  Love the fabric choices, too.  Very summery. Smiley  I think you got some good ideas for covering the shoulder seams, but I also think it looks just fine as is, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shampoo Your Hair Correctly
Jennifer Aniston Wants Supermodel Hair
How to Do a Crown Braid Tutorial
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...