A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: June 2009 Birthday Swap (Lists Only)  (Read 2361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kayrun
« on: June 02, 2009 07:00:49 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
The first 3 Craftsters to sign up will have extra time to choose a partner....
after that, I ask that you notify me of your choice of craftee within 3 days of posting your list.

Swap name: June 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kayrun

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  June 2- June 30
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range:  June 2- June 30
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in June, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307716.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (kayrun) AND the chosen craftster.  At that time, please request the address for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.
(It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put June Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.  The most important thing to me is communication.  Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  June 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 13 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting?
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- June 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=307716.0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009 07:04:51 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kayrun
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009 07:01:15 PM »

Participants!
feedback left

Birthday Swappers:
1. atsuko (June 1 ) (has 2 presents coming)
2. stitch81 (June 8 ) (has 2 presents coming + 2 bonuses)
3. Kerallyn (June 3) (has 3 presents coming)
4. sarahj2001 (June 15) (has 3 presents coming)
5. sparky17 (June 25) (has 3 presents coming)
6. amylouwho93 (June 6) (has 2 presents coming)
7. EnchantedIndigo *welcome first-time swapper* (June 13) (has 2 presents coming + bonus)
8. (deleted)

Non-Birthday Swappers:
1.  feelix (TY note due from sparky17)

SENT
RECEIVED
Sending late with communication
Please PM Organizer

Claims:

Send by June 19:
sarahj2001 to atsuko - - crochet rainbow scarf
Kerallyn to sarahj2001 - - weekend bag

Send by June 20:
atsuko to Kerallyn - - Steampunk goodness
stitch81 to sarahj2001 - - some wisty surprises
sparky17 to Kerallyn  - - custom stamp
amylouwho93 to atsuko - - hansigurumi octopus

Send by June 24:
EnchantedIndigo to stitch81 - - reusable shopping bags
(bonus claim) - - knitted socks

stitch81 to EnchantedIndigo - - handmade travel embroidery case
stitch81 to EnchangedIndigo (bonus claim) - - Green tree of life pendant, Bella's hat, embroidery supplies, fabric remnants

Send by June 26:
Kerallyn to sparky17 - - straight iron cozy
sarahj2001 to stitch81 - - bowling scarf plus bonus claim = earrings

Send by June 28:
sarahj2001 to EnchangedIndigo - - Bella mittens

Send by June 29:
atsuko to amylouwho93 - - steampunk goodness and a TOL pendant
amylouwho93 to sarahj2001 - - bacon and eggs scarf
sarahj2001 to amylouwho93 - - scarf

Send by July 4:
feelix to sparky17 - - travel bag and a few extras

Send by July 9:
sarahj2001 to Kerallyn - - Magic Ball of Yarn...with a wisty surprise in it

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009 10:18:52 AM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009 01:32:04 PM »

HEY ALL!  I LEFT THE SWAP EARLY SO THAT I COULD JOIN ANOTHER SWAP.  AS SUCH I"M NO LONGER ABLE TO CLAIM ANYONE SO PLEASE DON'T PICK ME FOR ADDITIONAL GOODIES.  Smiley

Hi! I'm Roxanne and I love craftsters!! June 1st is my Bday and my daughter Lana will be 5 on June 4th.  Go Geminis!!!   I'm originally from Hawaii so I'm an island girl at heart.  I am an avid beader, feltie and stuffies maker, and all around dabbler.  I love the Smiths, Depeche Mode, and Duran Duran.  I don't get to see movies too often unless it's a kid's movie, but I do love my Kikaida and Sherlock Holmes DVDs.  
Things I love: fun things, Japanese things, Totoro, fun, happy colors, mod/retro designs.  Smiley

Crafts:

- handmade soap...not melt and pour please since that's the kind I make. Smiley

- crocheted rainbow scarf Thanks sarahj2001!!!  

- skull socks. BIG WISH! I would love these...or something just plain, but with the skulls.  I wear a size 7.5 shoe.  
http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/buccaneers%20booty.htm

- skull hat. You know the one with the tiny skulls all around.

- hansigurumi octopus amigurumi I also have a few patterns of things that I love and could provide you with. Thanks amylouwho93!!

- crocheted sea critters see http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=161851.msg1757300;topicseen#msg1757300 for examples

- toys/dollies like on my wist...but no pies please. Smiley It would be cool to have a dolly with brown hair and eyes like Lana. http://www.wists.com/atsuko

- felt beads

- polymer clay cupcakes to make into pendants

- resin pendants, anything cute that you'd like to make for my daughter

- crocheted/knitted scarf

- yarn that you dyed yourself...rainbow would be fun

Craft Supplies:

- polymer clay

- natural stone beads 8mm for nestlaces

- chip beads for Tree of Life Pendants

- plain roving that I can dye

- roving in bright colors for spinning or needle felting

- an adjustable pen style needle felting tool from Clover (check ebay under clover felting tool).  It's pink!

- silver or copper jump rings for chainmaille work; 4mm, 6mm would be perfect

- This wonderful book
Amigurumi Two!: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/156477922X/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

I collect crochet toy books and Japanese felt and beading books and would appreciate any that you'd like to share with me. Used is great!!

- fun vintage bedsheet of Rainbow Brite or Superfriends to make a dress from

- felting book how to make animals

- rubber/clear stamps: Alice in Wonderland would be esp. awesome, robots too.

- vintage/old keys

- Diamond glaze

- a bias tape maker

- colorful buttons

- lucite flower beads that are stackable BIG WISH!

- blue and green colors in regular Kool Aid and any strange/unique colors including Mexican Kool Aid

- 2 yards of any nice fabrics for a dress

- Japanese print fabrics

- sterling silver wire

My wist is here: http://www.wists.com/atsuko

Extras:

- leftover beads or broken jewelry that I can remake into something awesome

- copies of patterns (simple sewing bags, crochet animals, beading) that you want to share.  Smiley

If you'd like to make Lana a Bday card that would be especially awesome.  Thanks!

Happy Birthday to all the June babies!!!  And thanks in advance to all that choose me!

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009 09:51:24 AM by atsuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
stitch81
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009 02:08:38 PM »

I will not be making any more claims this round.  Thank you so much for those of you who crafted for me!  It was a wonderful birthday swap!!!

My name is Melanie.  My birthday is June 8th!  I am one of those crazy people who actually can't wait until I turn 30 (I'm the youngest in my husbands family and so have to suffer being thought of as a "kid" all the time! ugh)  I am a 27 year old SAHM of 3 children so clutter comes with the territory.  I prefer to receive things that have a use over purely decorative things.  Items to help with organization are always welcome!   I love reading, sewing, and crafting.  I live on a farm in Iowa.   I have 2 cats who think they own the place and my husband has a few hundred fish (he breeds them and sells them).  I love traveling, but hate the driving involved.  If you are crafting for me or my family, please keep items G-rated.no scary skulls, profanity, or other potentially offensive items.  We are a smoke free family, and prefer to not receive items from a smoking home (smokey smells give me breathing troubles).  There are no other allergy issues. 

Crafts- I have these listed in order of most wanted..

*table runner type thing that I will use for the top of my craft cabinetsize preference is 18 inches x 4 ft. No dangles though, the cats will attack them! Lol.  This is in my dining room so chocolate colors would be good.

*stenciled t-shirts please no iron ons..keep them G-rated as I have small kiddos.  Some theme ideas.. Love House MD, NCIS, CSI, SURVIVOR, BECOMING JANE, PRIDE & PREJUDICE, Pirates of the Caribbean, and craftster themed stuff  Oh I wear a size small.  Please no neons.  Check my wists for other ideas

*scarf like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/be1f456f3be8868544ef42fe4d945f4e?offset=20

*bedside organizer like this one http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/6da9f208c8a4679512550e2dd1a4ee9b?offset=20

*Some sort of organizer that attaches to the back of a car seat to hold coloring books, crayons, pencils etc, for our summer vacation trips

*I love jewelry, dangly earrings, necklaces on the smaller length side (18 inches is perfect) , bracelets (6.5 inches) like these
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/39fe3342f03cd86882e193a738d8fe28?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/3c62ee3941ffddb96ce97ed62c86d304?offset=40
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/b9cde11ffe01335bdcf84416e56b4b0b?offset=60
http://www.wists.com/Stitch81/978d2b1caecda83132e45b872095cf11?offset=60

*resin jewelry check out my wists for some ideasdont have to be exactly like what is pictured there.  I really love the goldfish bowl themed one.

*anything from my wists  www.wists.com/stitch81

*reusable shopping bags that are patterned after the plastic ones. 

*infinity dress in some summery type pattern/color (pm me for size)

*knitted or crocheted socks, preferably charcoal,oatmeal, black, burgundy or hunter green colors.  Wear a size 9 US.  Would love them to come to mid-calf length.

Craft Supplies - again, most wished for are listed first

*Supplies for making tree of life pendants, especially the outer wire.

*recent summer dress patterns for around a size women's 6.  see my wists for style preferences

*jersey material for making some dresses, 3 yard minimum please

*would love a glass etching kit, or some supplies to get me started

*zippers black or white 8 or 14 inches long. (not the invisible kind, and not the chunky kind..just the regular ones)

*small game type pieces for some I-Spy bags that I want to makethere is an example in my wist

*elastic-the thinner width kind

*resin molds-, the bangle bracelet molds.  Cant find them where I live. 

*stuff to add to the resincolorings, tiny bitsetc. 

Extras

*Love chocolate, mint, and peanutbutter candies (not all those together)

*whatever you want to throw indont have anything specific

If you have anything you that would love to make for me, but I dont have it listedfeel free!  I love swapping because it gives me the opportunity to receive things that I cant make myself, and also to enjoy the different styles of the people who are crafting for me!  All I ask is that items be kept g-rated!  Thanks! And if you are the one choosing meThank you sooooo much!!!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009 05:07:58 PM by stitch81 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009 02:26:49 PM »

Hello, my birthday is June 3, and I'm a full time student and mom.  My eventual goal is to be a librarian, and though it's not always obvious, I am a total geek, and I love it.  I have a long list of favorite books, movies and TV shows in my profile, and I also love games of all sorts, including D&D and other RPGs, Pirates of the Spanish Main, and Carcassonne among my favorites. My favorite color is shades of blue and I have a Wist which is brand new and rather small, but steadily growing Cheesy So, on to my list...

Anything on my Wist is welcome; also welcome would be the materials needed to make some of the things on my wist myself.  

These are really in no particular order, I'd be happy with anything on my list, or anything you might be inspired to make Smiley

I love to get bags and boxes of nearly any kind Cheesy  I just love containers!

Magic yarn ball like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=237586.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc  Thank you Sarahj2001!

wire tiara like the ones here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=262095.msg2939114#msg2939114 (I especially like the spider-web-looking one)

embroidery case like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=263127.msg2952161#msg2952161

a custom stamp for the back of ATCs - PM me to talk about the design - Thank you, Sparky17!

love letter box like this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=293946.0

a box made from a hollowed out Twilight book

steampunk style jewelry - Thank you, Atsuko!

Supplies:

vintage/antique keys and buttons

Jar of whimsies like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=291524.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc

materials to make ATCs like the stuff in kit #3 here: http://www.collagestuff.com/cat14.html

sterling wire and jewelry findings

rubber/clear stamps

materials and instructions for learning spinning or needle felting

Well, I think that's good for a start, though I may add more as I think of them...  Thank you to whoever might pick me!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009 11:34:06 AM by Kerallyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009 07:55:03 PM »

Hey!  I'm Sarah.  My birthday is June 15th and I'll be 26.  I live in Aurora, OH but I don't feel home here. I'm from PA orginally.  I love roller coaster and even got married on a roller coaster almost 4 years ago (wow..I can't belive it's been that long!).  I love my animals - Ted (a chocolate lab),
Karen (a sweet cat), and Mark (my polite guinia pig).  I also drive a pink scooter...that I LOVE!! I am participating in the 365 Photo Challenge (http://sarahj2001.wordpress.com/)..it's very very fun.  I work from home as a software developer.  My favorite color is Pink!
If you want to know more...lots more about me, read my 100 Facts About Me list: http://sarahj2001.blogspot.com/

Crafts:
- Pot Holder Mitts (in fun bright colors)
- Small Bag - just big enough to carry my biking shoes to the gym in
- Cute Skirt - Maybe something like: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat3_gallery_8&listing_id=17214316 or one of those rainbow twirly skirts
- Flip Flop Socks: http://whipup.net/2006/05/18/sockapalooza/
- Katamari Ball - http://amysbabies.wordpress.com/magnetic-katamari-pattern/
- A Fish Cat Bed: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=284669.msg3321515#msg3321515
- Fabric Bowl: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292234.msg3320928#msg3320928
- Dog Food Purse: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292211.msg3320727#msg3320727
- Knitting Needle/Crochet Hook roll
- Any t-shirt you think I'd like (I prefer Men's shirts, size small)
- Weird Tacky artwork for my living room or office
- Weekend Bag - just something to carry a change of cloths when traveling
- An Infinity Dress - one like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=300474.560
- Anything from my wists: www.wists.com/sarahj2001

Craft Supplies:
- Roving for needle felting
- Needle Felting Kit - I know nothing...so I don't even know what to ask for Smiley
- Anything for Resin crafts - molds, goodies to put in resin, whatever you can think of
- Any yarn
- Any tools needed for polymer clay (I have lots of clay...just no tools)

Extras:
- Candy - Pez, chocolate, take 5 candy bar
- anything fun Smiley

Thanks to anyone who chooses me!!  Happy Birthday to All June Birthday Craftsters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparky17
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009 06:02:52 PM »

Hi, Im a college student and my birthday is June 25th. Im a vegetarian, I have a pet bunny who I keep (illegally  Wink ) at school with me and a cat and a dog who live at my actual home. I love the colors yellow, red, pink, lime green, and orange. I love the beach, and I actually go to school only 30 min from one! I also love eco friendly things and am trying to use more eco-friendly things as much as possible! I like summer and spring-themed things too. And chubby animals. Im also fascinated by China. Im taking mandarin and hope to travel there one day!

Crafts:
These are pretty much in order from most wanted things but I would love any of it  Grin

Heat resistant hair straightening iron cozy http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236665.0 Thank you Kerallyn!

Jewelry: necklaces or bracelets that have candies or pastries (like a cupcake) as a charm   Thank you Jeane!

Cloth Swiffer pads

Cute headbands or clips or fascinators with flowers, ruffles, bows, cute designs or even vintage designs!  Here are some examples!
   http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26072354&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=hair&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=280730.0

A bed for my bunny (Shes a medium-sized bunny. She is a fatty too)

Any kind of travel bag (for going back and forth from home and college)    Thank you feelix!

A camera cozy or anything I can store my camera in. It keeps getting scratched up  Sad

Magazine or newspaper bowl (if its possible at all, I like Asian newspaper because they have the symbols on them, but Im not being picky I would love them either way!)

Super Mario magnets (I must have a Luigi lol), specifically ones made of those iron-together beads

Supplies:
Buttons
Embroidery thread
A large plastic needle (to use with my knifty knitterI lost mine sadly  )   Thank you Jeane!
Rubber/clear stamps
Scrapbooking paper
Any kind of fabric, especially bright colors

Random:
I love tea!

Thanx to whoever picks me! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009 10:26:19 PM by sparky17 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amylouwho93

Wild 'n' Crazy since 1993

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009 09:41:35 PM »

Hello Everyone!  My name is Amy Spens, I am a sophomore in high school and I just had my 16th birthday on the 6th of June.  I love biking, hiking, crafting and dancing around to 80s rock!  Some of my favorite TV shows are Good Eats, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek (the original), and Dirty Jobs.  I really like anything having to do with bikes or Alton Brown, and I am a total Trekkie.  I am also an avid gardener.  As far as dance goes, I am a Scottish Highland Dancer.  I get to jump around in a kilt all day to the melodious tunes of the bagpipe!  I am a flexitarian who has chosen to exclude all meat (not including poultry and fish) from her diet.  I guess that's about it.  Oh, and my wist is here: http://wists.com/amylouwho93.  A quick last note, I love vintage and retro things (including steam punk, which is vintage but not) and in the battle of Harry Potter v.s. Twilight I support Harry!  My favorite colors are maroon, teal, orange and purple!

List: These are not in any sort of order, I would love to receive any of them!

Crafted Items:

-Silk-screened t-shirts having to do with biking, Scotland, Star Trek, Mike Rowe, etc. *Big Wish*

- Resin Jewelry

-Crafty items having to do with the TV show, The Big Bang Theory *Big Wish!*

-Retro print fabrics

-Sailor dress like the one on my wist.  I love all things NAUTICAL! <3 [This is a BIG WISH!!]

-Anything related to Wicked or Cats or The Lion King

-Any sort of Disney-themed craft.  Some of my fav movies are The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, Bambi, Beauty and the Beast, and all of the other older, animated movies.

-Journals made from repurposed old books

-A sophisticated crocheted or knit scarf OR a crazy weird scarf involving 3D vegetables Thank you sarahj2001!!

-Embroidered pillow cases with a nautical or fairy theme [This is a BIG WISH!!]

-Tree of Life pendant in earthy tones Thank you atsuko!

-A journal to write dance notes in OR a journal for pressed flowers OR a nature journal

-Steam punk jewelry Thank you atsuko!!!

Craft Supplies:

-glass etching kit

-Old  bottlecaps in good condition.  These can be from beer, soda, canned bug juice, ANYTHING so long as you can read the label.  I collect them to make belts and jewelry.

-old buttons, beads or keys.

-vintage patterns (dresses are preferred)

-Supplies for Tree of Life pendants

-polymer clay, preferably Sculpey

-any color or yarn that you can think of, I crochet and can always use more yarn!

-any pattern fabric, I would love some African-patterned fabric to make a dress out of.

-pressed flowers

Please see my wist for more ideas!

Extras:

-I love Green Tea, Chai Tea,
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009 09:21:12 AM by amylouwho93 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CabinArts
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009 10:50:27 AM »

Hi!  This is my first swap on Craftster and I am so excited!  I am an expat stay at home mom of two living in Germany.  My birthday is June 13 and I will be 33.  (Wow!)  I love all things Victorian, Pioneer, Celtic, fairies and dragons.  Crafting is my #1 hobby, next to reading and writing.  I like to sew, crochet, needle felt, embroider, scrapbook (though I don't have much time to do this now), gardening and photography.  I also like chick flick movies and all things girlie.  I have a hard time coming by some crafting things here, so I try to really stock up when we visit the States once a year.

** My Wists: http://www.wists.com/Joygal
          Handmade travel embroidery case  Thank you stitch81!

** Shawls or scarves (especially pretty wool or lacy ones)

** Bella's gloves (I like this pattern, but prefer the fingerless version like in the movie)  Thank you sarahj2001
          http://subliminalrabbit.blogspot.com/2008/12/bellas-mittens-updated-pattern.html

** Bella's hat  Thank you stitch81!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/29951930@N05/3519075138/

** Green Tree of Life pendant  Thank you stitch81!

** Wristwarmers or the yarn to make them similar to these:
          http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50275.0

** Felt food and/or patterns

** Wool roving (preferably washed and carded)

** Wool felt

** Sewing supplies:
        - Different strengths of sewable interfacing
        - Muslins (for embroidery and making dolls)
        - Calicos (for making doll clothes)
        - Fabric remnants or fat quarters of fun textured fabrics  Thank you stitch81!
        - Embroidery hoops (I only have one about 5")
        - Embroidery floss (especially white)  
        - PUL fabric pieces (to make cloth pads)  

Thank you and Heppy Birthday to everyone this month!!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009 04:20:35 AM by EnchantedIndigo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Chimichurri Steak Recipe
Peach Barbecue Chicken Burgers Recipe
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream Recipe
Spicy and Sweet Luau Baked Beans Recipe
National Donut Day: Origin of the Donut
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...