A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fascinating Fascinators  (Read 8442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 02, 2009 04:14:16 PM »

If you like to decorate the sides of your head like I do, there's no reason to go it alone!  We can work through this together.    Wink

Two options for this:
1. Send your partner two fascinators
OR
2. Send your partner one fascinator and one other accessory, be it an accompanying piece of jewelry, other hair thing, small lap dog that fits in a purse, etc.

I'm thinking of giving a month of craft time, but we can modify that if people are interested. 

** Feel left out?  Don't know what the bleep I'm talking about?  Google 'fascinator' to view the trendy splendor, and then google 'how to make a fascinator' to see how easy and fun and exciting it looks, and then reply here with an AMEN I AM SO INTO THIS IDEA so I this party train can leave the station.

So light and small for shipping, so quick and easy for crafting, how could you go wrong?   
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009 08:12:20 PM by lindsoriah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
edwards1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009 02:16:41 PM »

They are so great! I wish I knew how to make them because I would love to receive one..or two! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
sweetbettieleigh

on hiatus from crafting until further notice.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009 01:23:01 PM »

helllllll yes. i will TOTALLY play this game Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009 08:31:00 PM »

I ended up joining something called a hair accessories swap that's going on right now.  Y'all should think about joining!  Or if not, we can do a separate one later.

It's here if you're interested:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308119.0;topicseen

If you want to do fascinators only, I am still up for it!  I will just get better and better.

As for learning to make them, Simplicity and Burda both have great tutorials if you google "How to make a fascinator".  From there you can try your own ideas and modifications!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009 12:43:09 AM »

Mine would be odd...like I have a group of feathers and a 2D teddy bear head plushie thing that I want to put together for a fascinator. It's in my stuff somewhere...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009 05:59:54 PM »

Yes, YES, YES!!! I LOVE fascinators and have been desperately waiting and hoping that a fascinator-centric swap would come up within my lifetime! This would be soooooo fun!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
sparky17
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009 07:28:06 PM »

Do they make synthetic feathers? I'm a vegetarian and couldnt use real ones, but they are so fun and pretty! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009 06:11:56 AM »

Sparky I'm sure you can improvise with things like hat netting..or anything else that is shiny or pretty. Some really nice but fake fur in a round poof would make a good centerpiece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009 07:12:25 AM »

yeah i recently made one with stuff I had around the house, and since I don't keep a stash of feathers I just used some pieces of ribbon looped into a little fan, and i have plans for another one that uses fake leaves instead of feathers. 

yay i am glad more people are interested!  it could be a small swap, and we could start as soon as my current swap is over!

how about at the end of this month?  what do you think of a two-week crafting period?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlheran

Jack of all trades

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009 11:27:44 AM »

Sparky there are LOTS of things that can be used instead of feathers! I have two cousins who are vegan and I've been working on some fascinators/accessories for them -it really makes you more creative. I haven't found anything that looks, feels, or moves quite like feathers, but there are plenty of lovely materials that are plenty "fascinating." There are some really pretty dried/preserved leaves that are almost transparent that I've been dying to try; and I've been saving all the plastic netting that certain fruits and veggies come in; plus there's always silk flowers, ribbons, sequins and beads!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest
swaps: -
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 7/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Wreath Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Christmas Garland Part 2/3
How to Crochet a Christmas Garland Part 3/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...