A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Old Photo Albums  (Read 867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rainbowmeow
« on: June 02, 2009 02:25:24 PM »

So I have about 5-6 old albums, some in okay shape, some kinda falling apart at the spine.  I need some ideas on what I can use them for, either a use for just the plastic sleeves, or all of the album.  I really don't want to throw them away, but without a lot of TLC, they are pretty useless.  Any ideas?

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 01:56:24 PM by rainbowmeow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TCinTX
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009 11:12:50 PM »

Are they the 3-ring binder type of album?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowmeow
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009 02:42:16 PM »

Four of the albums are binder types, the others are bound.  I suppose I could always recover the binder ones, but they're odd sized.  I don't know where I would find paper to fit them.  It could be kind of fun to maybe cut down some colored paper to fit them, and make notebooks out of them.  It just depends on how hard it will be.  I feel bad about throwing out the plastic insides.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009 07:54:35 AM »

And that leads to the question, what to do with old yellowed brittle plastic? Maybe they can be washed up and used for something? Soak them in soapy water for a few days and see what you get. I have an old yellowing binder album too. I do look at the pics on occasion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
rainbowmeow
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009 11:18:43 AM »

Actually, the plastic inside is still pretty good.  Some of it is torn, but for the most part, still usable.  We switched from albums to storage boxes and scrapbooks for our photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009 11:21:44 AM »

are they the plastic that is on both sides of a hard cardboard that is sticky? They would fold open and you could make re-usable stencils, see through file folders for patterns, hmm, let me think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
rainbowmeow
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009 12:11:39 PM »

I have about 5 different styles of album going on, but they all just are thin plastic.  Some have paper behind them.  I'll get some pictures up once I can find my camera, which seems to have wandered away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009 01:44:37 PM »

I think that kittie behind the shower curtain took off with it. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainbowmeow
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009 01:57:18 PM »

I would have thought my cat hid them, but unless she's secretly tall, I put them in a high place... so I wouldn't lose them.   Undecided  Well, there's pictures now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009 02:20:16 PM »

Great shots. I didn't realize they were the pocket type, I have one of those too. Well, recipes, is about the only thing that comes to mind. These look like they are in good shape, so I would use them for storing anything. Do you make inchies or ATC's. Are they big enough to hold CD's.

If you have to take them apart I would just say, give them to another crafty person who like me loves to Trash to Treasure. If they were mine I would put glitter and such all over them and hang into a window. Too bad they aren't large enough for placemats. You could seal images inside.

You could always reinforce the spines. Decoupage fabric over them and put plain or fancy paper for journaling. Lots of journalers in papercrafts. I just like fabric more than paper. I don't scrapbook, but you could check that section as well. Pockets and any organizational tools are great for crafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pixi Blush & Bronzer Review
The Best Way to Fill in Your Brows
Birchbox Limited Edition Box: In Full Bloom
How to Get the Perfect Red Lip
Get Gorgeous Lashes Without Mascara or Serums
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...