A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 294062 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

how_german
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2006 07:48:08 PM »

I have been sitting on two ideas for a really long time and I finally paid a visit to my tattoo artist in Rochester who is going to design and execute my backpiece in the fall when I am back next and then work on it on subsequent visits.

The backpiece will begin about an couple inches below a normal shirt neckline and continue down to about my bra-line. It will stretch from shoulder blade to shoulder blade but not all the way across my back. It will be two koi, one a more yellowey orange and the other a more reddish orange, with two waterliles, one pink, one purple and tons of beautiful undulating waves in blues/greens/turqoise etc. for a background. The style is pretty traditional so bold outlines and bright colors, not too realistic, but I want to preserve the detail, especially in the water so it while not "realistic" it won't be too overly stylized.

The second tattoo(s) I am getting June, it will be a pair of blue birds of happiness, the traditional sailor-type tattoo kind, one right above each hip bone, so right above the top of my underwear on my lower stomach. They will be flying angled in and down (like people have on their shoulder blades only on my lower belly) and I want the wings out to the sides but still pretty compact into the body. No pudgy headed birds either, I don't like the look if their heads are too pugdy, a little more streamlined looking birdies for me. The bodies will be blue with yellow bellies and I want them to each have a little background bit that looks like they are flying on flames. A little hard to describe but I have a good tattoo artist in mind and I can draw stick figures to illustrate my ideas.

If this thread goes as long as the other one I'll be able to post finished product pictures soon!

This is a tat my friend got on her 18th birthday. It's two big koi and it's in the center of her back. It's really painterly and I love that about it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: May 29, 2006 08:04:07 PM »

I just have a particular affinity for 'em. They're kind of symbolic of survival, and heartiness and strength. The tumbleweed is there as a reminder of disparaging times, but it's dwarfed in comparison to the buffalo.
<3
That's awesome. I think that's a good balance.

Plus, I like your friend's koi also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
gwenluvy
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2006 12:49:47 AM »

i just made an appointment for june 8 in provincetown. i'm gonna get "hail the jewel in the lotus" on the back of my neck. i'm still trying to decide which style i like better. what do you all think?

or

the top one will work better- less of a chance of it all bleeding together.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006 02:46:32 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2006 01:55:55 AM »

This is a tat my friend got on her 18th birthday. It's two big koi and it's in the center of her back. It's really painterly and I love that about it.

This is the most beautiful koi tat I've ever seen. I love koi & one day I hope to have them somewhere on my body too. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellasly

Slyguy the wee monster

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 30, 2006 08:31:45 AM »

I have many ideas...no pics though.

- I want to get my cats paw print with her name, Bella Donna, on my ankle (maybe).
-I also want to get a gargoyle over looking paris on my arm, but i want it really simplified, including the eifflie tower, the siene bridge and a few buildings, nothing to complicated, but the gargoyle will be much more detailed than anything else.
-I want that on my left arm, then I want 3 black and pink block style stars down my right arm...
-and the finally, ala someone on suicide girls, I love the idea of pistols on the hip, but i want a certain type, I don't know the name, but my husband owns one and its soo pretty (antique, doesn't use). I want a banner going across to join each gun that says "Stick to your Guns"...my motto...

Those are my ideas
THIS ROCKS   Logged
how_german
« Reply #345 on: June 04, 2006 05:47:10 PM »

Just a precurser: I guess this could be offensive to some people.

Okay, I've been thinking about my first tattoo a LOT lately. It's become sort of an obsession I suppose.
I still want it on my hip where it's sort of meaty and won't hurt TERRIBLY and is concealed most of the time, but I'm arguing with myself over exactly WHAT I want. I bet I'll get some funny faces when you all see this picture, but I just love it. Something about it is just so cute in an obscure, creepy kind of way. I know I'll have a penis on me for the rest of my life (wow I just started to laugh) but I think it's just kind of sweet. Check it:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fredchinchilla
« Reply #346 on: June 04, 2006 06:00:20 PM »

that is absolutely HILARIOUS! it's definitely original.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 04, 2006 07:41:41 PM »

aww, i love snails, and now i'll never look at them the same way again!  and it is rather cute. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesstess
« Reply #348 on: June 04, 2006 08:01:50 PM »

For my first tattoo (which i plan to get soon), i'm going to get the final fantasy 7 meteor (part of the logo) on my shoulder. Geeky, yes, but i don't care. I'm going to celebrate my love of my favourite game! On my shoulder also gives me the option to develop my arm into a Final Fantasy sleeve at some point in the future, should i wish to.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lola Caracola
« Reply #349 on: June 05, 2006 02:31:58 PM »

this is the thread for tattoo ideas. the thread with the tattoo pics is here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12114.0;topicseen
did you mean that one? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint with Color
How To Draw A Raven
How To Draw A Guitar
How To Draw The Earth
How To Draw A Wave
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...