A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,687
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 294863 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1220 on: March 06, 2010 10:40:50 PM »

turned out beautifully!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1221 on: March 07, 2010 10:18:08 AM »

That a neat tattoo! Love the mushrooms. Is it from anything, your own design or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1222 on: March 07, 2010 02:37:51 PM »

If I remember correctly, this is her own design that the artist tweaked a bit.
It his for the most important 3 men in her life Smiley (And they are the sweetest boys in the world!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftfiend

crafty like a moose

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 02, 2010 03:46:23 PM »

So I've got the itch again! i want to get another tattoo and I love the idea of script - the word "create". both of my other tattoos are black and in mostly cover-able areas as I work with kids. One is behind my ear and the other is on my foot.
I would like to get one on my inner wrist. I LOVE the way white tattoos look, and it would serve my desire for a less noticeable tat, however white does not take well and few people will do them. Any ideas on lighter colors that will blend with a medium-fair skin tone. I think i'd like it to be more visible than white but not so stark that you'd be drawn to it immediately. The other main reason I love white is that it looks so organic, like the design just surfaced one day. I'm toying with idea of tones in henna, but have never seen anything like this. ideas? comments? photos? whatever, bring it on! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1224 on: April 02, 2010 06:06:42 PM »

Not exactly tattoo, but scarification/branding would give you that more organic look that you crave.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftfiend

crafty like a moose

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 02, 2010 06:52:19 PM »

Not exactly tattoo, but scarification/branding would give you that more organic look that you crave.

I had thought of that, but because it will be on my wrist i'm concerned about the depth of the scar (clearly i wont die as it will be "across the road" and not "down the street" but those are my veins under there!)and also the stigma that comes with scars in that area. Working with kids, i;m concerned it would reflect negatively to their parents.

It may still be an option, but i'd like to exhaust all others first

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1226 on: April 03, 2010 08:06:38 AM »

that's true... I didn't think of the kids part.

Perhaps using a pale pink? something that will mostly blend with your skin tone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pikaboo26
#LOFNOTC

We're all gonna die. Be good to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1227 on: April 03, 2010 12:16:56 PM »

craftfiend: Maybe an aged brown would look good, almost like ancient text on parchment or something. And depending on the darkness of the shade you choose, it would probably be less noticeable than black or gray. Or, if your skin tone works well with it, some people can pull off pure white ink. I've seen several gorgeous tats in white text.

I actually plan on getting "create" and "revise" somewhere on my body (probably either on the wrists or ankles). Haven't decided on color or font yet, though. And I may end up running into the same issues as you, considering I plan on going into teaching. :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's North from here?
___________________ _____

"As far as I'm concerned, reality can go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut." -Stephen King
Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #1228 on: July 17, 2010 05:16:15 PM »

Well... i've just put down a deposit on my first tat, which will be a memorial tattoo for my mother:

((hope this works))
She passed away on May 11th from cancer.... The bear, is because to me she is Mama bear, and the Duck, is because she always called me "My Duck" and the lily was a flower she liked very very much....

I've got a bunch of other ideas for tattoos as well
1) a frog fairy, either a blue dart frog, or a standard tree frog (with the orange feet) that has Blue Morpho butterfly wings
2) a peace sign on my inner thigh (personal reasons)
3) a little symbol me and DBF draw

4) The Tarot cards "The star" and "Strength" Likely from one of Ciro Marchetti's decks
5) the quote "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged cupid painted blind"
6) the quote "I will love the light for it shows me the way, Yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars."
and
7) a set of wings.... not sure what style

but i know it'll be a long time before those... and i have to see how i do with my first one first
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010 07:37:38 PM by MareMare - Reason: adding image tags to show pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Farnsworth
« Reply #1229 on: July 21, 2010 12:17:48 PM »

I have been toying with the idea of getting this tattooed for several years now, and I am finally going to do it this summer Cheesy

A slightly tweaked dry-erase drawing of it:

I do have some questions though. This will be my first tattoo, and it will have approximately the same placement as on the shirt; is it completely stupid to get a tattoo this big on what I hear is a very painful location when I have never had a tattoo before? I think I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but I don't know.

I have also been toying with the idea of doing the wings either indigo or dark brown instead of black, but I'm not sure. I think it would be cool because it might look more natural, but the nice thing about black is that it will go with everything, is classic, and I won't have to fuss about what shade of black I'd want, unlike blue or brown.

Any opinions are appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have joined the world of foodblogging! Check it out: http://freethoseradicals.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Your Own Film Script
Harry Potter Opening Night: How to Relive Hogwarts After Dark
A Guide to Getting into Hogwarts
How to Make an Underwater Video
How to Make Your Own How to Film
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...