A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 305577 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2005 02:45:47 PM »

I don't think I would look "right" with a tattoo, but if I were to ever get one, it would be this.

I've wanted it for years. If I still want it in five years, maybe I'll get it.

And if you know what it is, you're cool in my book.

No I don't know what that is, but do you know what this is?  Anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2005 03:12:09 PM »

*Prince of the dorks raises an arm*

The first mystery is a StarTrek insignia--- Vulcan---  Very cool.

The second is a graphical rendition of a mathematic equation-  what looks like a Gauss distribution *can't place it yet, I should, but I can't.*-

*Dork Prince lowers his arm and adjusts his glasses.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2005 03:25:56 PM »

I should have realized it bound on the axis---*blushes*
Trammel of Archimedes---  Eureka!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
supergirle
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2005 07:58:31 PM »

i would love to get some opninions on this for sure but heres my idea i have been kicking around for a long while my mother was raised by my great grandmother ok and they went to pennsylvania to see great grandmothers mom when my mom was little great grandmothers mom had lovely purple irises everywhere.  well years and years later long story shor great grandmother and her mother are now deceased and my mom and both her aunt have the bulbs of these lovely irises growing their yards and my mom has sooooo many of them when me and my sisters and my daughter buy houses we will get some their bulbs too!  i think thats soo cool but my idea was to get an iris for my mom one for each of my sisters and one for my kid and one for greatgrandmother all kind of in a neat band kind of shape on my lower back.  usually you just see tribals and stuff in that spot i thought it would be kind of different.  i dont know what to do though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LookAtMeGo
Diehard Collage Artist

I am flawed if I'm not free

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2005 09:14:08 PM »

LookAtMeGo  awwe I can't see the last picture but I love the first one. what language is it in
Thanks! It's Tibetan.
and what religion are you? if you don't mind me asking.
Oh, I don't mind at all. As dumb as it sounds, I can't devote myself to one religion, but Buddhism is the core of my little faith system.
I'm buddhist and I want my first tattoo to relate or tie into that way of life.
I'm the same way! One of my classmates recently got a tattoo of a flower with a ladybug. AS cute as it may seem at the time, twenty years from now, she's going to dread having it on her body. Maybe I have a superiority complex or something, but I think it should have SOME meaning behind it (other than a dumb nickname)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bagged_cereal
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2005 09:53:15 AM »

i, myself was 8 years old only ten years ago. and i can't imagine what i would have chosen for a permenant tattoo if i'd been allowed to back then. and i can't think of anything i'll still want when i'm 28, or 38, if i got one now. EXCEPT some sort of vegan tattoo, maybe. the one idea i truly like is getting something on the back of my neck. maybe a phrase, like live and let live, maybe the word vegan written in cursive. but, i'm not someone who really flaunts that, i'm more of a private person.. and.. um.. i just can't do anything as daring as get a tattoo, even though i'd like to.

does anyone here have any vegan themed tattoos, or ideas for any?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But for the sake of some little mouthful of flesh, we deprive a soul of the sun and light and of that proportion of life and time it had been born into the world to enjoy - Plutarch
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2005 10:34:14 AM »

I randomly got a tattoo of a peace sign on the top of my foot a few months ago, and now I'm planning my second tattoo.  I made some mistakes with the first tattoo, it wasn't something that was planned and I did no research on the artist first.  My roommate had a large tattoo by the same artist first, but he didn't do such a good job on my peace sign, since it is uneven and the outline is really thick.  I don't regret the actual tattoo, I am a political science major and I'm a pacifism and nonviolence activist, but the actual execution of the simple tattoo wasn't impressive.

Anyway, for my next tattoo, I'd like something larger and more detailed.  I would really like 3 argyle diamonds going across my lower back.  However, instead of shading them normally, I'd like them to look like they were knitted with little stockinette v's visible.  I'm a knitting instructor, and I wear argyle every day so this is a really fitting "Kate" tattoo.  Since I am a knitter, I'd like the knitting to look correct, I'm going to knit up a sample of what I want, try to draw it out, and bring sample drawings of argyle and of stockinette to the tattoo artist.  I don't want little outlines of v's in black ink, I want the knitting to be shaded with the same color as the argyle diamond so it looks like it was actually knitted onto me. 

However, I am having trouble picking out an artist.  I live in San Diego, and while we have several well known tattoo artists, I can't find someone who is really "right".  Most of their portfolios show very traditional tattoos; Japanese style, skulls, pin ups, flames, or sparrows.  I haven't seen anyone with a tattoo of textured shading like I want, every artist just has the basic fade out shading in all of their work.  Also, while the basic shape of argyle diamonds and stockinette v's is pretty basic, I'm looking for someone who is very precise and can give me an even and lined up tattoo.  I am willing to save up for an artist who really can deliver my dream tattoo.  It would also help if that artist was a knitter and understood the construction of the knitted stitch.  Also, I am willing to travel since I will be graduating from college soon and I'm going on a huge road trip immediately after. 

Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions for my knitted argyle tattoo?  Cool design ideas?  Ways to convey what I want to the tattoo artist?  Or a tattoo artist that you think could do this piece?

Thanks for the help!
-Kate

Stockinette Stitch

Argyle

« Last Edit: July 25, 2005 10:39:59 AM by destroyed_sweater » THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenjanuary
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2005 02:48:33 PM »

That's such a cool idea, destroyed_sweater. I also LIKE the peace sign- it makes it look 3D almost. At least like it has a little depth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
destroyed_sweater
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2005 03:22:20 PM »

My problem with the peace sign is that it ended up being more hippy than I wanted.  I wanted a simple light green peace sign, no outline, no tie dyed looking stuff.  I was annoyed that the tattoo artist didn't listen to what I wanted before he left me with a permanent mark.  But still, I like the tattoo and I doubt that I'll dislike peace when I get older either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2005 05:09:46 AM »

My comment on the argyle tat is that it is gonna cost plenty. With all the detail you want added too it with the texture just be prepared to pay out the bum!
But it does sound cool.
Sorry your first experince was great.
And good luck finding a new tat guy.

Now I have a lilttle black frog crawling up my leg I can't take a pic of it myself without nearly dislocating a hip so I will post when hubby takes one for me.
As for future tats.... well there are plenty.
1. a frog fairy
2. a zodiac sun with a lions face
3. 2-5 with a bumble bee on one side and a dandilion on the other( matching tat with my sis )
4. )o( triple moons
5. tribal rhino head
6. and if I have room left a matching tat with hubby.

Now to find places on my body to put all of these that can still be covered!!
It is a deal I made with my father, I can get all the tats I want but I need to make sure they can be covered in the invent that one day I may not want them.
I so don't see that happening but out of respect I do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bohemian Hairstyles at the Mara Hoffman Fall 2012 Fashion Show
How to Make a Natural Mask for Dry Hair
Carolina Herrera Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Tracy Reese Fall 2012 Backstage Hairstyling
Hair Extensions Backstage at the Nicole Miller Fall 2012 Fashion Week Show
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...