A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 293344 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrs_mojo_risin

i like the pigeons, i like what they say..

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2005 07:49:50 PM »

mycatisnosferatu... dunno if you can use this as a reference..http://www.walldrawn.com/animals/fantail.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsy_lola
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2005 10:41:07 PM »

Lola-I really like the lotus one! where would you get it? and how large?
Thanks! I really love the lotus flower especially because of its relation to buddhism. Well, I would probably get it on my lower back and it would probably be small-medium sized, it depends. but i definetly want it to be decent sized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm a modern girl
         But I fold in half so easily
When I put myself in the Picture Of Success"

Please check out my crafty biz's website (although under heavy construction) www.enfant0terrible .com
something_wierd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I like pointy things.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2005 08:34:45 PM »

I'd really like the VFD symbol from ASoUE and a bass clef.
<-- is a dork.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polymer Clay Challenge #2 has a winner, RobbinZombie!  her entry was The Kraken  She will receive a prize from Persephone Rose!
octagonfudge
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2005 10:37:59 AM »

Well, here are my current tattoos-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/monchan/tattoo.jpg

The one on my upper back is the symbol for "om" that I got when I was 17, and the tribal piece below it I got the following year.  The stars I got 2 years ago, and I'm not really all-together pleased with them.  Everyone wants to know why they are in that shape- is that some kind of starfighter or something?  lol I wouldn't mind that so much because I'm a huge geek, but still.  I really want something that will represent going through change, maybe an animal or symbol that represents that, and I want to incorporate my star tattoo into it, as maybe the sky in the picture.  I thought about an autumn scene, but I want something that celebrates moving into another state, and autumn seems like moving into death and decay, but I suppose there's a promise for renewal.  Hmm.  I don't know. I wanted this because I'm about to graduate, and I feel like I'm finally moving into my skin and I've gone through a lot this year (getting engaged and then not getting married, going though surgeries and lots of meds and a bevy of health problems, depression, etc) and I want to commemorate that.  I'll think of someting, I guess!  Is anyone familiar with symbolism that would know some things that would be in this vein?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jumped on the bandwagon- www.octagonfudge.bl ogspot.com
ChtzpahGrrl
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2005 04:38:11 PM »

What about a phoenix (the bird, not the city!)?  The symbolism of rebirth and rising out of the ashes would be really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
octagonfudge
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2005 10:00:49 PM »

What about a phoenix (the bird, not the city!)?  The symbolism of rebirth and rising out of the ashes would be really cool.

Hmm!  that would be kind of cool.  I did some major research today and came up with a couple, the salmon is a really cool symbol of rising to meet challenges, renewal, and also of knowledge in a lot of cultures.  I'm debating that, I'd like to do a water animal I think because water is always changing.  I like the phoenix a lot, though, that's worth giving thought to.  I wonder where I'd get that....  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jumped on the bandwagon- www.octagonfudge.bl ogspot.com
JoyousBohemian
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2005 10:55:19 PM »

Oooh, what a great thread! My two cents:
The tattoo I'm getting in December/January is the phrase "to be free" in Sinhala, the language and alphabet of Sri Lanka, where I'm spending a semester starting in three weeks (eeeeeee!).  It's the most gorgoues script, based on swirls and curlicues, so hopefully people will think it's an abstraction and not pull on me to try to figure out what it says.  I'm planning on getting it between my shoulderblades where wings would grow.
After that, I'm not sure where this is going, but it's going somewhere:

Minus all the stuff about Entertainment Weekly, because I'm thinking that might be a little weird to catch a glimpse of every once in a while.  Anyone else gotten a Shel Silverstein tat?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my hand-dyed fiber!
portfiber.etsy.com
greenjanuary
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2005 11:40:29 PM »

I heart tattoos, but I got one for my 16th birthday and am not *allowed* to get anymore until I turn 18. That being said, my mom thinks it's fine as long as my dad doesn't find out.

I'm going to Europe over Spring Break, and I'm thinking about getting one over there. The only place I ocule think of where another tattoo wouldn't show would be on my side, where a bra or bathing suit would cover it. I wanted to get "Carpe Diem" in cursive, but I'm not sure. Does that sound weird to anyone?

edit to say: I also want to get two swallows in between my shoulder blades that hold a banner that says "Randy & Lyn." You know. Cuz those are the parents. And I also want to get the Mily Way done diagonally from my left hip to my right shoulder, on my back.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005 11:52:03 PM by greenjanuary » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LookAtMeGo
Diehard Collage Artist

I am flawed if I'm not free

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2005 12:12:05 AM »

As I am just months away from my first legal tattoo session, I'm torn between many designs.
I've been lectured... er... advised to make sure that I will love these skin markings forever, and as far as I can tell, I sure will.

This is most definitely my first tattoo, going on my inner right wrist, in red.
Translated (roughly) : Hail to the Jewel of the Lotus or The Sound of Harmony in All Enlightened Beings
Saying this chant aloud is supposed to bring peace and joy, not to mention I think it's gorgeous. The second translation which I came across a few years ago resounds deeply with me, as I cherish the zen and calm I find in life through soft-belly meditation and introspection, but also because music is my lifeblood!!

This is one of the most beautiful things in the world to me:

Translated (roughly) : Hail to the Jewel of the Lotus
I'd like to get it either in between my shoulder blades, or on my hip.
Now, not to be a stalker, but Brandon Boyd of Incubus has both of these tattoos, and I'm a huuuuge fan of his. I'd been looking into Tibetan chants before I realized that he had them, but I thought the fates were slapping me in the face with a biiiig thumbs up on this one Smiley
More info --> http://www.helptibet.com/mantra/mantras.html

Let me know what you guys think!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 12:58:44 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsy_lola
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2005 12:06:04 PM »

LookAtMeGo  awwe I can't see the last picture but I love the first one. what language is it in and what religion are you? if you don't mind me asking. I'm buddhist and I want my first tattoo to relate or tie into that way of life.
-Alex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm a modern girl
         But I fold in half so easily
When I put myself in the Picture Of Success"

Please check out my crafty biz's website (although under heavy construction) www.enfant0terrible .com
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ken Paves’ Triplet Makeover
Jessica Alba Named New Face of Braun
How to Fade Dark Spots and Acne Scars
Flawless Foundation Makeup Tutorial
Choosing an Orange Lipstick
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...