A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 299074 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1140 on: February 24, 2009 06:13:44 PM »

So as I've stated before, I'm waiting until I lose 50 pounds to get my tattoo.  That'll be my reward!  I have a little less than 40 to go, so it's going to be a while.

Anyway, I'm thinking I want to incorporate my love of animals, yarn crafts, and my husband into the tattoo.  He has a tat of the Subaru rally logo, so I'd kind of like to have the stars from that.  Not sure how to work it in with yarn and animals, though.  Any ideas from creative craftster peeps?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
crystalpeace
« Reply #1141 on: February 24, 2009 07:58:45 PM »

So as I've stated before, I'm waiting until I lose 50 pounds to get my tattoo.  That'll be my reward!  I have a little less than 40 to go, so it's going to be a while.

Anyway, I'm thinking I want to incorporate my love of animals, yarn crafts, and my husband into the tattoo.  He has a tat of the Subaru rally logo, so I'd kind of like to have the stars from that.  Not sure how to work it in with yarn and animals, though.  Any ideas from creative craftster peeps?

what kind of animals were you thinking of having in the tattoo? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1142 on: February 24, 2009 10:05:05 PM »

How about a knitted Subaru rally logo, unraveling into a ball of yarn being eaten by an animal of your choice?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kissthegirl
« Reply #1143 on: February 25, 2009 08:33:02 AM »

jezebel-- thanks for your advice about the white ink.... I think I may just leave it as an outline, because when I think of yellow ribbons, I think of the soilders/troops. other colors are nice, but not the look I'm going for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

someone once told me there's nothing wrong with wanting a fairy tale... everyone lives happily ever after.
elmpixie
I need my hat, but not for my head...

Four's Treble

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1144 on: February 25, 2009 10:58:57 AM »

So I have a whole list of ideas!

A bluebird and a sprig of forget me nots on my left wrist for my grandmother

The constellation orion on my left foot

A dandelion with the tufts flying off and turning into either birds or stars, or perhaps birds then stars going up my right calf,

A grizzly bear hugging the state of california (i dont' know where yet) maybe with a CA poppy too,

and something crafty! but I don't know what yet. 

AND as a treat when I lose the weight I want to, quote marks on my hips!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST
BLOG

Couture
Bag with a plan
Wearables
Wall-E
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1145 on: February 26, 2009 07:31:19 PM »

I was thinking either a cat or a paw print.  I was thinking maybe a pirate kitty skull with crossed knitting needles knitting the Subaru rally stars.  DH thinks its a silly idea.  Back to the drawing board.  I mean, if I could draw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
Domitilla
« Reply #1146 on: February 27, 2009 11:04:15 AM »

got my appointment for may the 6th!!! Yay!!!! I'm going to have a little owl on a branch made of swirls (don't know how to explain) with a full moon on the back ground. The owl it's for my love for animals and owls in particular and to celebrate the fact that I'm studying to be a vet. The full moon is ispired by the cover of the REM best off album. I've been thinking about this tattoo for 3 years and finally made a dream about the final design a couple of weeks ago. It will be based on my design. Ah and I'm going to have it on my upper back, don't if on the center or on the left side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, so let me know if you want!
PIXIEskin
« Reply #1147 on: March 04, 2009 05:56:45 AM »

I currently dont have any tattoo's because I'm waiting for 1. money and 2. to find someone in my area who uses vegan ink.
But here are the tattoo's I want...
a mandala similar to this but less... sparkly. Smiley

or like this

8, for infinity, it being my favourite and lucky number, and for other reasons. Because I always find everything somehow relates back to 8... maybe because I obsessively try to find the ways..Cheesy

A Buffy quote.. but I cant make up my mind which one... Cheesy (Buffy is not only my biggest obsession, but my solace..helped me through a lot of stuff.. and continues to do so.)

"The hardest thing in this world...is to live in it." Buffy / Dawn
"Here endeth the lesson" The Master/Spike/Buffy

or perhaps a yellow crayon... hardcore buffy fans will understand Cheesy hehe

I also want something Mario related.. another obsession, and also because when I was in school, I used to hallucinate a lot, I still do on occasion but not as vividly as I used to, at that time I was walking down the stairs to go to class and I looked out the window and saw mario jumping across the buildings outside..ever since then, mario and everything super mario bros. related has been a big thing for me  Grin hehe. At that time in my life I was in quite a dark place, and that image sort of acted as a guardian angel for me.. as stupid as that sounds.. so i want something to remind me of that, the darkest places I've been and yet theres something as silly and wonderful as that to help me 'jump' out of/over it. Smiley

Thats actually not all I want, but I dont want to bore anyone.
Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

She's too pure for the likes of this world, this world is a whore.

A smile to hide the fear away, Oh smear this man across the walls, like strawberries and cream, it's the only way to be.

Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/VelvetVolcano

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/velvetvolcano.jewe
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: March 04, 2009 06:15:51 AM »

I'm going into NYC this weekend to get my first tattoo. Anyone have anywhere they recommend to go get it??

This is what i'll be getting:

I was thinking wrist or ankle. I had really wanted my wrist but I don't want it to be a problem at my job. So what do you think? Ankle?? ANd then there's the question or inner or outer!??! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #1149 on: March 04, 2009 06:52:05 AM »

A Buffy quote.. but I cant make up my mind which one... Cheesy (Buffy is not only my biggest obsession, but my solace..helped me through a lot of stuff.. and continues to do so.)

"The hardest thing in this world...is to live in it." Buffy / Dawn
"Here endeth the lesson" The Master/Spike/Buffy

or perhaps a yellow crayon... hardcore buffy fans will understand Cheesy hehe

Buffy tattoos FTW! I've got a sewing machine with "Without passion, we'd be truly dead' underneath it, from Angel's dialogue in the episode where Jenny dies. I'm getting another one on my arm, I'm doing "Are you ready to be strong?".

Also, after seeing Coraline and reading the book, I totally want a Coraline tattoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Healthy Chicken Stir-Fry
How to Make a Peranakan Kobis Kledek Masak Lemak Dish
Around The World In 80 Ways: Susur Lee
How to Make Chinese-Style Spare Ribs
Chicken Teriyaki Gyros Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...